How Indian and Victory Could Outrace ...

How Indian and Victory Could Outrace Harley-Davidson

There are 9 comments on the The Motley Fool story from Nov 7, 2013, titled How Indian and Victory Could Outrace Harley-Davidson. In it, The Motley Fool reports that:

Along the way, Polaris continues to take market share in the off-road segment, dominating competitors like Arctic Cat ( Polaris Coming on Strong On Oct. 22, Polaris reported strong quarterly earnings and revenue that beat analysts' estimates and came in above the prior year's numbers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Motley Fool.

Old Jack

West Plains, MO

#1 Nov 30, 2013
If, Polaris wants to compete in the "made in America", contest, they better quit shipping jobs overseas, or out of the country. Harley should advertise "assembled" in the USA.
wild Wade

Marietta, GA

#2 Dec 1, 2013
Harley just moved their production to India.and. Now the are building the same bikes that Yamaha and Honda have sold for 40 years
Son

Sacramento, CA

#3 Dec 13, 2013
Old Jack wrote:
If, Polaris wants to compete in the "made in America", contest, they better quit shipping jobs overseas, or out of the country. Harley should advertise "assembled" in the USA.
Agreed.
92SC Fl

Auburndale, FL

#4 Sep 7, 2014
Harley can say their bikes are made by Indians ....lol.
derrick

Barrie, Canada

#5 Sep 10, 2014
Harley will be no different than any other bike manufacturer in the future,cost wise,they will build there bikes where they can save money & turn a profit.
Justsayen

Downingtown, PA

#6 Oct 1, 2014
Key word...could.
Maybe to a limited number of riders that never realized in the first place, the true experience of owning and riding a Harley, other brands may get some increased attention, but I don't think it will ever effect the demographics of Harley riders who truly appreciate the Harley experience which is hard to put into words.
92SC Fla

Auburndale, FL

#7 Oct 2, 2014
Justsayen wrote:
Key word...could.
Maybe to a limited number of riders that never realized in the first place, the true experience of owning and riding a Harley, other brands may get some increased attention, but I don't think it will ever effect the demographics of Harley riders who truly appreciate the Harley experience which is hard to put into words.
.....the experience of having to add another $2000 in upgrades to make it run like a Victory??,,,,,
Justsayen

Conshohocken, PA

#8 Oct 2, 2014
92SC Fla wrote:
<quoted text>.....the experience of having to add another $2000 in upgrades to make it run like a Victory??,,,,,
How does a victory run?

Since: Oct 14

Can Tho, Vietnam

#9 Oct 29, 2014
I just bought a new HD, XL883L 2 months ago. 71 y/o. The quality of the HD has gone down to what it was like when AMF owned them.
I would tell people to look at other bikes before they over spend on a HD. Victory or Indian is a good start or Honda Gold Wing. jbay 29 Oct 2014

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Automakers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Chevy Impala Owners File Class Action Lawsuit A... (Jul '11) Nov 27 Mona 57
News This 84-year-old car guy blasts Elon Musk and T... Oct '16 Solarman 1
News W.L. family shares struggle to survive (Mar '09) Oct '16 skeletons in her ... 22
News EXCLUSIVE: Kelly Clarkson on Why She Said 'Nope... Oct '16 John Kenney Lying... 1
News Monaco Coach recalls several 2006-2008 MOTORHOMES (Aug '08) Oct '16 Glenys 21
News Clinton-backed branch of foundation donor GM no... Oct '16 geo 1
News Takata's search for a savior could drag into ne... Sep '16 lawyers gone wild 1
More from around the web