New Corvette Stingray to start around...

New Corvette Stingray to start around $52,000

There are 18 comments on the ClickOnDetroit story from Apr 26, 2013, titled New Corvette Stingray to start around $52,000. In it, ClickOnDetroit reports that:

General Motors said Friday that a base model of the 2014 Corvette Stingray will start at just under $52,000. Considering everything that GM put into the newest Corvette, the $1,400 price increase over the current model seems pretty modest.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ClickOnDetroit.

government foe

Romulus, MI

#1 Apr 26, 2013
The clearance sale on the 2013 model will be welcomed by all that want new, this is great for GM and marketing and exciting time for shoppers !
Panafrican

Farmington, MI

#2 Apr 27, 2013
government foe wrote:
The clearance sale on the 2013 model will be welcomed by all that want new, this is great for GM and marketing and exciting time for shoppers !
The engineers are black.
:))
Burgydean

Royal Oak, MI

#3 Apr 27, 2013
I like to rub my nuts on the shiny wax.
Otis

Santa Rosa, CA

#4 Apr 27, 2013
Panafrican wrote:
<quoted text>
The engineers are black.
:))
The folding bed was invented by a black man, L. C. Bailey; July 18, 1899.
Here is the Deal

Franklin, MI

#5 Apr 27, 2013
Otis wrote:
<quoted text>
The folding bed was invented by a black man, L. C. Bailey; July 18, 1899.

Did we invent the folding bed because we were always on the move, chased by the white man?? You just fold it and put on your head when it comes to finding a new place to sleep.

Just kidding !
bozo ideas

Nashua, NH

#6 Apr 29, 2013
after the lousy underhanded way the federal government, the GM mismanagement team, and unions screwed over long standing stock, bond holders in GM stealing their holdings, equity in the GM bankruptcy case I don't purchase GM products.

there are so many great automotive products in the market place I don't need to deal with thieves.
Pete

Livonia, MI

#7 Apr 29, 2013
bozo ideas wrote:
after the lousy underhanded way the federal government, the GM mismanagement team, and unions screwed over long standing stock, bond holders in GM stealing their holdings, equity in the GM bankruptcy case I don't purchase GM products.
there are so many great automotive products in the market place I don't need to deal with thieves.
I thoroughly echo your sentiment about the bankruptcy handling of equity owners. It was theft. I don't see how they pulled it off. Still, I have to go with what's best for me.
bozo ideas

Nashua, NH

#8 Apr 29, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
I thoroughly echo your sentiment about the bankruptcy handling of equity owners. It was theft. I don't see how they pulled it off. Still, I have to go with what's best for me.
I bought a Hyundai sonata. V6 more standard equipment at no additional cost than GM ever offered.

10 year 100,000 warrantee on power train convinced me.

does GM have anything close to that???

“What's your story? Nevermind.”

Since: Apr 13

none of my business.

#9 Apr 30, 2013
One thing we all know is it isn't the "name" on the car that sells it. It is the money that the buyer has to spend that sells it.

none of my business.

#10 Apr 30, 2013
They are all built the same way. They are all over priced. it all just matters how much someone wants to spend on one of their toys

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#11 May 1, 2013
Like anyone would be dumb enough to buy a $50,000 car LOL
Retired Farmer

Crofton, KY

#12 May 1, 2013
snapcracklepop wrote:
Like anyone would be dumb enough to buy a $50,000 car LOL
Have you checked new car prices lately? A new pickup truck can cost over $50,000.

If I had been asked to guess, I would have guessed the price of a Vette at well over $100,000.
Retired Farmer

Crofton, KY

#13 May 1, 2013

none of my business.

#14 May 1, 2013
I would agree Farmer. $100,000 will probably be around the price for the Vette.
Retired Farmer

Crofton, KY

#15 May 2, 2013
The escalation in car/truck prices in relation to the buying power of the great majority of working class Americans spells disaster for the auto industry and, on a larger scale, the whole U.S. economy.

Thirty years ago I bought a new pickup and a new car every 4 years. We could pay for them, plus pay everything else, on the income from 10 acres of tobacco, 200 acres of grain, and 100 cows and my wife's part time job that paid barely more than minimum wage. The average factory worker earned enough to do that as well. There is no way that anyone could do that today.
Xhoo

Miami, FL

#16 Jul 8, 2013
Retired Farmer wrote:
The escalation in car/truck prices in relation to the buying power of the great majority of working class Americans spells disaster for the auto industry and, on a larger scale, the whole U.S. economy.
Thirty years ago I bought a new pickup and a new car every 4 years. We could pay for them, plus pay everything else, on the income from 10 acres of tobacco, 200 acres of grain, and 100 cows and my wife's part time job that paid barely more than minimum wage. The average factory worker earned enough to do that as well. There is no way that anyone could do that today.
No it doesn't. America is now only the 2nd largest car market in the world, and is falling fast. We aren't the only game in town anymore.
Xhoo

Miami, FL

#17 Jul 8, 2013
GLXGT wrote:
They are all built the same way. They are all over priced. it all just matters how much someone wants to spend on one of their toys
That's especially true for the car in your avatar.

Someone could get a real sports car for the MSRP of one of those.
Pete

Livonia, MI

#18 Jul 8, 2013
I would not buy a Corvette for $12,000. I would not drive one if it were a gift. I would sell it ASAP. It's just too impractical and eye catching for me. I enjoy watching others do these things though.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Automakers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DRS Technologies Wins $34 Million in New Contra... (Apr '08) 6 hr FedUp 8
News He's ridden the same Honda Gold Wing for a mill... Sep 19 oldgoldrider 1
News GM chief, in China, warns against gasoline auto... Sep 15 Solarman 1
News Biker angered at huge repair bill after Harley ... (Sep '09) Aug 26 Sparkette002 66
News American Axle talks turn to Tonawanda plant clo... (May '08) Aug '17 Patricia 179
News Man dead after hitting deer with just-purchased... (May '13) Aug '17 really 15
News Fiat Chrysler Likely To Deepen And Extend Auton... Jun '17 Skntired 1
More from around the web