Ford, GM tie staff bonuses to quality

Ford, GM tie staff bonuses to quality

There are 6 comments on the Detroit News story from Apr 28, 2014, titled Ford, GM tie staff bonuses to quality. In it, Detroit News reports that:

Two automakers with recent quality problems have the upped the ante for salaried employees: Improve quality or expect smaller bonus checks.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit News.

Joe

Oshawa, Canada

#1 Apr 28, 2014
All bonus checks are now geared to quality. The new CEO finally knows how to run a company. In the Jack Wagner era bonus checks where based on how many cars a plant manager could produce on a daily count. It's nice to see they have hired someone who can change this company back into a world force in the auto industry.
John Jeffery

Trenton, Canada

#2 Aug 29, 2014
How about the 500.000 retirees and dependants that were robbed of their Pension Cost of Living increases promised in their retirement Pensions and taken in 2008 it amounted to at most $35,00 a month it has never been recovered by every retiree of the Corporation and put us on fixed incomes from 2008 yes in Canada we built a million a year for GM prior to them taking 19 Billion from our pension fund to build Saturn buy EDS and Hughes Aircraft . How about our Pensions prommised.
35hud

Curve Lake, Canada

#3 Aug 29, 2014
Speaking on Quality,How about some new product for Oshawa?
They say main build Camaro gone mid 2015.Caddy,Buick and Impala are fillers.
John Jeffery

Trenton, Canada

#4 Aug 30, 2014
35hud wrote:
Speaking on Quality,How about some new product for Oshawa?
They say main build Camaro gone mid 2015.Caddy,Buick and Impala are fillers.
Impala needs the room just like McLaughlin sold off the Carriage company in 1915 to make room to build the first Chevrolet in Canada in 1915 to 2015 100 years and GM not recognizing Canadians building is deplorable stating it was enough in the USA 1911 for when the car that owned GM had 100 years celebrated.
Bonus-Alert

Swannanoa, NC

#5 Jul 23, 2016
Joe wrote:
All bonus checks are now geared to quality. The new CEO finally knows how to run a company. In the Jack Wagner era bonus checks where based on how many cars a plant manager could produce on a daily count. It's nice to see they have hired someone who can change this company back into a world force in the auto industry.
I would appreciate it if those of you in the know would pass this info on to those who would be interested to know.....
*Concerning the Ford 558 Truck*

I am a salaried employee of the company that supplies the carpeting for the new P558 truck program.
Ford has specified and is paying for an underlayment product from my company that contains an NVH plastic sandwiched between layers of fiber. Due to manufacturing difficulties many recent shippments of the production product reaching Ford DO NOT CONTAIN this plastic... this is known to our management.
Bonus-Alert

Swannanoa, NC

#6 Jul 23, 2016
I would appreciate it if those of you in the know would pass this info on to those who would be interested to know.....
*Concerning the Ford 558 Truck*"

I am a salaried employee of the company that supplies the carpeting for the new P558 truck program.
Ford has specified and is paying for an underlayment product from my company that contains an NVH plastic sandwiched between layers of fiber. Due to manufacturing difficulties many recent shippments of the production product reaching Ford DO NOT CONTAIN this plastic... this is known to our management.
An extremely flammable powder adhesive is being used to weld the fiber layers together....this is a breach of your trust and an endangerment to the passengers of the vehicle.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Automakers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Press Digest- New York Times business news - Ja... Jan 12 Phyllis Schlafly ... 3
News IAC plant in Old Fort to lay off 60 workers (Oct '08) Jan 11 Millie 12
News Ford Decision Cements Mexico as 'Front Line' fo... Jan 3 tomin cali 1
News Chevy Impala Owners File Class Action Lawsuit A... (Jul '11) Dec 30 Jake 59
News China hits GM joint venture with $29 million fi... Dec 23 gwww 1
News EBay And Amazon Dominate The DIY Auto Retail Ma... Dec '16 muriel726 1
News This 84-year-old car guy blasts Elon Musk and T... Oct '16 Solarman 1
More from around the web