Only four years after Whittier Boulev...

Only four years after Whittier Boulevard Specific Plan was appr...

There are 25 comments on the Whittier Daily News story from Aug 9, 2009, titled Only four years after Whittier Boulevard Specific Plan was appr.... In it, Whittier Daily News reports that:

Four years after many hailed the City Council for approving a 294-page plan to renovate Whittier Boulevard, several city officials now say it needs major surgery.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Whittier Daily News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Perry Masonry

United States

#21 Aug 10, 2009
Freedman was the original consultant. I seem to remember a cost of $300k plus for the original plan. Contact the WDN or city admin for original fee. Planning Director Collier is recommending $150k for re-design.

A city cannot make major changes to an adopted specific plan without a public process. The specific plan gives the city to operate under the California Redevelopment Law. The city must operate carefully to maintain it's redevelopment status.
kann wrote:
How much did did we pay the consultant? Now you are critical of his recomendations? I think our council is passing the buck. All the issues going on with the economy should have been taken in to effect with council and the consultant. Now will have to pay for another consultant?
Tell anyone you live in Whittier and look at their face. Maybe not all of Whittier is ghetto but outsiders only know what they see and hear. They do not see Friendly Hills.
Perry Masonry

United States

#22 Aug 10, 2009
Last comment should read: ...redevelopment law gives the city legal rights to operate...
realist

AOL

#23 Aug 10, 2009
JG Whittier wrote:
RELAX People! ROME wasn't built in a day and neither will Whittier be redeveloped! All I hear is negativity but no solutions! If Whittier is that bad, MOVE!
We had a new KOHL's coming in (passed over La Habra), Fresh & easy, Sprouts Market and Nelles will soon be redeveloped with COSTCO and perhaps a best Buy. Condos at Whittwood have completed phases 1 & 2 and may start phase 3 due to demand for Whittier and east whittier will have new condos, and underground utilies and new vinatge street lamps and trees.
I would much rather be in Whittier then the dumps that surround us (Pico, la Habra etc)...La Habra Heights is the exception which is really de facto whittier/friendly hills!
what do you mean HAD a new kohls coming in and was passed over in la habra ? la habra HAS a kohls. and la habra in no dump. do you consider the houses s/e of imperial and beach to be a dump ? how many of those condos on whittier do you think will sell ? about the same amount as sold behind the whittwood? those are still vacant after a big price drop. instead of telling people to move , why not tell elected officials to do their damned job. hey city council--TRY NOT TO OVERLOOK THINGS

“Nothing better to do.”

Since: Jul 09

Glendora

#24 Aug 12, 2009
MSLSD wrote:
Can anyone really explain why all of the new corporate establishments in Whittier have signs in Spanish? Is this really necessary because it makes Whittier look like and feel like L.A.
Are there that many illegals and non-english speaking people that live in Whittier? It's kind of embarrassing. Whittier City council - are you listening???
Why are there so many asians in Rowland Heights. Why are there so many armenians in Glendale. Dude. In order for a business to make some money, they need to cater to the demographics. It's all about the money. Tard.
Alec

Whittier, CA

#25 Oct 28, 2012
Over the last 10 years I notice a large decline in the effort by the police to continue enforcing the loitering that everyone seems to be complaining about. ItÂ’s time that we breathed new life into the City but revamping Whittier, especially near the 605. No were in Whittier is the decline more visible that when you initially get off the freeway (on Whittier blvd) and notice all the run down business and visual population in the way of pole signs. PLEASE CITY OF WHITTIER, continue pushing forward on the specific plan and start improving the city, so that everyone will take pride in the City we all love.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Auto Dealers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
My Auto Wholesale License - How Can I Earn Mone... (May '11) Jun 21 John 58
want a SF bay area dealer help me get a access ... May '16 jackiesue 1
Looking to rent a dealers license to attend auc... (Apr '09) May '16 Antwone Gibson 35
News Derek Daly tracks events at Indy 500 practice May '16 Menards eh 2
Is Auto House A Reliable Auto Dealer or A Scam? (Jan '15) May '16 rdclaw2000 2
Manheim Auction Access Fees (Apr '08) May '16 anna70 241
Any reviews on "autoincome.com", is it a scam? (Aug '12) May '16 InnovativeFS 43
More from around the web