Central Va. Cashes in on Clunkers Pro...

Central Va. Cashes in on Clunkers Program

There are 4 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Jul 31, 2009, titled Central Va. Cashes in on Clunkers Program. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

Friday night, the House of Representatives passed legislation for an additional $2 billion to fund the popular "Cash for Clunkers" program.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

Ron

Marietta, GA

#1 Aug 1, 2009
I hope better credit checks are being done of people who are taking advantage of "cash for clunkers" than were done on so many in the housing market over the past years. If not, then some of these individuals in the next year will find themselves in a position where they cannot afford payments on their new, more fuel efficient rides, but no longer have their paid for "clunkers."
Chris

Warrenton, VA

#2 Aug 1, 2009
This program is a classic example as to why Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security and countless other government programs are in the toilet, financially. Add Cash for Clunkers to the list!
The government,(the buyer, in this case), pays well above Blue Book for cars that it intends to scrap for parts. The "buyer" loses money on EVERY single deal, but gets intrinsic reward from just knowing that less gas is being burned throughout the land. The taxpayers,(that's us, and in this case, the finance department for this stupid, stupid plan), get tapped to keep funding the program, because it is "wildly popular"; which is the acid test for prospective venture capitalists, don't you know? And, to give it all that undeniable, WOW factor (Wow, this is really stupid, a little surreal and does not create sustainable jobs), the environuts are not happy with the less-gas-burning-thing, because....stuff still ends up in land fills! And they wonder why people are protesting!
Excellent point, Ron! Why on earth would people who don't even know what their gas mileage nor lease payment is, think of this?
abc

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Aug 2, 2009
This program could have a real stimulative effect on the economy. It could also help people save money on gas and have a good effect on the environment. I guess that is why extending the program has wide bi-partisan support.
Im Voting MITT

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Sep 8, 2012
More of Obama's FAILURE! Billions of dollars so all the auto jobs could be outsourced to China! They used it to buy millions of GM cars which helps NO ONE IN AMERICA!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Auto Dealers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Will the Electric Car Revolution Sink Platinum ... Aug 18 Solarman 1
News VW crossover EV to offer US drivers a Model Y a... Aug 15 Solarman 1
News Mechanics vote down agreement, plan to continue... Aug 14 Supporters 2
News Alleged racism, fraud at Victorville auto deale... Aug 13 Creddup 3
News Car dealer in court (Apr '09) Aug 3 Pixie 10
My Auto Wholesale License - How Can I Earn Mone... (May '11) Jul 30 Ann56 61
News Would you buy a car from Amazon? Jul 23 JWD1216 3
More from around the web