Marin Voice: Point Reyes oyster farm ...

Marin Voice: Point Reyes oyster farm is sustainable agricultural

There are 10 comments on the Marin Independent Journal story from Nov 1, 2010, titled Marin Voice: Point Reyes oyster farm is sustainable agricultural. In it, Marin Independent Journal reports that:

MANY OF US had thought the findings of the National Academy of Sciences, the Inspector General of the Department of the Interior and the Marine Mammal Commission had laid to rest the false claims regarding the Drakes Bay Oyster Farm made anew by the Environmental Action Committee's new director in her Oct.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Marin Independent Journal.

“"ERACISM in 2010"”

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#1 Nov 1, 2010
Gene Tunney was a boxer; John Tunney was a senator. Nice editing

Since: Feb 07

San Pablo, CA

#2 Nov 1, 2010
I certainly agree that the rider wasn't "buried". It became an issue because the original language mandated a 10 year renewal until New Mexico Senator Jeff Binghaman took issue with the mandate. It was debated, modified, and then passed. The final form frankly doesn't change anything, as the Interior Dept always had it in its power to renew the lease. The rider just emphasizes that it's within the discretion of the Interior Dept to decide this.
boysterous

Mililani, HI

#3 Nov 1, 2010
The worst part of Amy Trainer's hatchet job on the oyster farm was the squandered moment when all eyes were on her. She managed to rake her cat claws across the face of the community, even while the community tries to heal itself from the wrongdoing of her organization and others of its ilk.
My message to Trainer is "Leadership, not lap dogs".
Show some leadership quality, for goodness sakes.
On the other hand, kudos to Mr Creque for his eloquence. Pity that Trainer didn't fashion her comments using similar high standards.
Gene

San Francisco, CA

#4 Nov 1, 2010
Marin Jim wrote:
Gene Tunney was a boxer; John Tunney was a senator. Nice editing
Racist!

“Taste great in milk!”

Since: Aug 08

#5 Nov 1, 2010
The Drakes bay oyster farm is not sustainable on the local community clinics, and other County/state/Federal services due to its Employees being 99.9% illegal aliens.

Just stating the facts.

Since: Feb 07

San Pablo, CA

#6 Nov 4, 2010
Commander Bunny wrote:
The Drakes bay oyster farm is not sustainable on the local community clinics, and other County/state/Federal services due to its Employees being 99.9% illegal aliens.
Just stating the facts.
Wouldn't that imply they have at least 1,000 employees?
Winifred Medin

Santa Rosa, CA

#7 Nov 7, 2010
I am so tired of all the narrow minded nonsense that our "leadership" spews out without ever getting the big picture.

This oyster farm is well run, is a vital part of our shoreline and since so much of the south-eastern oyster beds have been ruined by the big oil business...we might expect some intelligent individual to see how important this oyster farm is to American. But since our leaders are practically giving away America I guess we can let the Chinese have the oyster production project as well.

WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!!

Winifred Medin

“Taste great in milk!”

Since: Aug 08

#8 Nov 7, 2010
Winifred Medin wrote:
I am so tired of all the narrow minded nonsense that our "leadership" spews out without ever getting the big picture.
This oyster farm is well run, is a vital part of our shoreline and since so much of the south-eastern oyster beds have been ruined by the big oil business...we might expect some intelligent individual to see how important this oyster farm is to American. But since our leaders are practically giving away America I guess we can let the Chinese have the oyster production project as well.
WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!!
Winifred Medin
The oyster industry is very big in Washington State, much bigger than anything Ca. can produce, don't fret it being taken over by the chinese.
Koalabear2525

Union City, CA

#9 Nov 7, 2010
send all illegals back home .
Nexra Blevins

San Rafael, CA

#10 Nov 8, 2010
Don't take our oysters. Lunny's oysters are the best.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Aquaculture Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Eco-friendly alternative to sodium cyanide in a... Jul '17 gorodel2020 1
Why is the Chinese Aquaculture Industry so Succ... May '17 fishfishyfish 1
News Climate change is coming for the U.K.'s fish an... (Dec '16) Dec '16 sure not just cup... 1
Putting fish in my swimming pool (Oct '16) Oct '16 Nemoralis 1
News Fish and water lead to success for Wyoming wome... (Jun '10) Jan '16 SMV 2
News Meet the father-son farmer duo revolutionizing ... (Dec '15) Dec '15 Maybe 1
Lighting safe for Nitrifying Bacteria (Oct '15) Oct '15 eattrout 1
More from around the web