Expansion to halt fish supply - Hawai...

Expansion to halt fish supply - Hawaii Business

There are 3 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Nov 5, 2009, titled Expansion to halt fish supply - Hawaii Business. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

Kona Blue Water Farms LLC is proceeding with plans to expand into Mexico and make structural changes to its Big Island operations, which will take its popular Kona Kampachi off store shelves and restaurant menus for about six months.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

Lani

Norwalk, CA

#1 Nov 5, 2009
How many Hawaii tax credits and special Hawaii political favors did these guys get only to build a plant in Mexico to produce a Hawaiian named product?
realmerv

Honolulu, HI

#2 Nov 5, 2009
I hope Kona Blue Water Farms doesn't owe the State of Hawaii any back taxes. I can't just see them being wiped out and going bankrupt after the first hurricane goes up along Baja California.

I can also foresee the drug dealers trying to ship drugs inside the Kona Kampachi into the U.S.
Facts

Paauilo, HI

#3 Nov 5, 2009
80% of their product is purchased on the mainland.Why ship from Hawaii.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Aquaculture Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Washington Legislature phases out Atlantic salm... Mar '18 Ghandi Says 9
PVC Lining? Feb '18 meademary 1
Automatic fruit fly feeder (Sep '17) Sep '17 David taber 1
News Russell Wangersky: The ones that got away (Aug '17) Aug '17 okimar 27
Eco-friendly alternative to sodium cyanide in a... (Jul '17) Jul '17 gorodel2020 1
Why is the Chinese Aquaculture Industry so Succ... (May '17) May '17 fishfishyfish 1
News Climate change is coming for the U.K.'s fish an... (Dec '16) Dec '16 sure not just cup... 1