Whirlpool Proceeds With Job Cuts Prev...

Whirlpool Proceeds With Job Cuts Previously Announced

There are 6 comments on the 5News KFSM story from Aug 18, 2010, titled Whirlpool Proceeds With Job Cuts Previously Announced. In it, 5News KFSM reports that:

This is one promise a corporation could have been forgiven for breaking. In December 2009, officials with Benton Harbor, Mich.-based Whirlpool Corp.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 5News KFSM.

big daddy g

Springdale, AR

#1 Aug 18, 2010
all americans should boycott any and all whirlpool products , let the mexicans buy them
Ralph

Van Buren, AR

#2 Aug 18, 2010
I totally agree. If it ain't made here, don't buy it!
taxpayer2

Ozark, AR

#3 Aug 18, 2010
Yeah, they took all those big tax cuts and made jobs in Mexico. I wouldn't mind the tax cuts but its obvious the cuts have to be targeted to creating jobs in the US. Of course they claim it's their money and they need it now and they want to spend it like they want to not how we tell them to. Yeah, that worked out really well.
A tax cut to create jobs in the US and paid for not put on the credit card for our kids to pay for. Otherwise pay up like everybody else. Oh and you can keep the Mexico and China operations but you have to pay enough tariff to make the product cost the same as if you made it in the US. That's fair!
pay back

Van Buren, AR

#4 Aug 18, 2010
close the whole plant and see what the mayor and city council will do? nothing but raise taxes!!!!!!!!!!
Private

United States

#5 Aug 19, 2010
Won't be long all of Whirlpool Products will be made in either China or Mexico
Brad

Grand Rapids, MI

#6 Sep 4, 2010
After the taxpayers have paid Whirlpool to stay here, I'm very curious to see their profits posted at the end of their fiscal year and don't forget to give the C.E.O.and his top management a big bonus for christmas too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Appliances Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Architect of an empire: Gerald "Jerry" Rubin ta... (May '11) May 27 knowsitall 20
News Whirlpool to cut 1,100 jobs, shut plant in Indiana (Aug '09) Feb '16 got 44
News General Electric Pursues Spinoff, Sale of Consu... (Jul '08) Jan '16 Arkie 5,481
News Park National Acquires $636,000 in Snap-on Inco... Jan '16 Challenger Lifts ... 1
News Snap-on Incorporated (SNA) Upgraded to Hold at ... Jan '16 Challenger Lifts ... 1
News Snap-on Incorporated (SNA) Lifted to Strong-Buy... Jan '16 Challenger Lifts ... 1
anyone have whirlpool email address? (May '07) Sep '15 gaithersburg appl... 128
More from around the web