Kitchen Aide (Lack Of) Support

Posted in the Appliances Forum

Real Cook

Pittsford, NY

#1 Dec 29, 2010
I purchased ~$17,000.00 worth of appliances less than one year ago. Ihave a problem with my Microwave /Steam Assist oven combo.

Just prior to Thanksgiving I notified Kitchen Aide (Whirlpool)Costomer Support of an issue with the display panel. Two different repair companies have attempted to make a repair on five occassions. That is correct five Saturday mornings, ten phone calls and still no resolution 12/29/10 and I am told that the manufacturing plant which (may) have the part, which (might) fix the problem is not available until 1/3/12. Then of course it will be another appiontment on my time (no after hours appointments. So after paying a fair market price for a product I have not been able to prepare meals at my home for over 1 month with no end in site, the supervisor tells me I just have to wait. Thats Right no Oven Microwave for ThanksGiving ,Christmas and now New Years Eve

My advice - Steer Clear

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Appliances Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Whirlpool Brand and Award-Winning Artist Hunter... Feb 17 Bobbi-Jo 1
General Electric Pursues Spinoff, Sale of Consu... (Jul '08) Jan '15 housewhite 5,474
anyone have whirlpool email address? (May '07) Dec '14 Rehan Mazhar 127
AMANA (aka Whirlpool) bottom-freezer refrigerat... (Jul '07) Jul '14 Don 166
Appliance Factory Outlet Accused Of Racketeering (May '08) Apr '14 Some one who know... 41
GE Sale of Appliance Unit May Foreshadow More D... (May '08) Mar '14 Jaleh 2
STMicroelectronics Says Sales Must Rise 25% for... (Dec '12) Jan '14 Gary 2
More from around the web