Appliance Factory Outlet Accused Of R...

Appliance Factory Outlet Accused Of Racketeering

There are 43 comments on the cbs4denver.com story from May 17, 2008, titled Appliance Factory Outlet Accused Of Racketeering. In it, cbs4denver.com reports that:

“They were having problems with customer service, so we decided to do away with them.”

The Denver District Attorney is conducting an investigation of one of Colorado's biggest appliance retailers. via cbs4denver.com

Join the discussion below, or Read more at cbs4denver.com.

WOW

Denver, CO

#22 Feb 7, 2011
A friend of mine referred me to Appliance Factory Outlet a few years ago when I was a renter. I stopped into one of their stores and explained to the sales person what I was looking for and they found exactly what I wanted at a price I could afford. I wanted a cheap washer and dryer. They found an out of box laundry set that worked great. It had some small dings but I didnít mind because it was cheap and worked well.

This year I bought a home and went back to Appliance Factory Outlet now apparently Appliance Factory Outlet and Mattresses and not only bought a new stainless steel kitchen package but I also bought a front load washer and dryer, as well as an HGTV green line mattress set. What I like the most about this company is they are honest. When I got there they asked me where I lived and explained that because their headquarters are in Denver, all of their prices are based on Denver rebates and I may not be eligible for the full $150 Denver water rebate that they calculate into their advertised price. I let them explain everything and it made sense to me. I normally donít write reviews but after seeing all of the negative reviews about this company, I felt compelled to share my experience. I donít know if people are being malicious because they are truly unhappy with their experience, or if their competitors are creating bogus reviews to bad mouth a good company. All I can say is I had a GREAT experience and I strongly recommend this company to my friends and family. THANK YOU APPLIANCE FACTORY OUTLET AND MATTRESSES. PS your company name is to long.
AF NO

Broomfield, CO

#23 Jan 10, 2012
who are you kidding wrote:
Everyone knows that the products sold are only as good as the companies that support them through sales and service. Bad companies like Appliance Factory outlet can make or break good product. Every company that has been around for awhile has some unhappy customers. I'm wondering why Jason tried to redirect focus and blame to Whirlpool's stock and customers complaints? So everything in Rights 1st posting must have hit it dead on! Also wondering why Whirlpool would cut its own throat by pulling the product from a business as big as Appliance Factory Outlet unless there were bad business practices going on when market share is so important now.
Jason works for them!
AF NO

Broomfield, CO

#24 Jan 10, 2012
Jason works for them!
west colo junkie

Grand Junction, CO

#25 Jan 11, 2012
The Grand Junction store is a laugh. The so called
sales staff is a joke, or maybe that's being too nice.

The few times I've gone in there I feel like a target for their incompetence and snarly attitudes.

Well, the last time I intended to buy an appliance for a rental and the staff seemed so weird, I decided I'd purchase from a responsible dealer, not these jokers who only have time on their hands. Wouldn't trust any of them.
stay away from appliance

Colorado Springs, CO

#26 Aug 7, 2012
[Shopped at the store in Denver. Oh my God. I regret ever buying anything from this company. Stay away from this company, I have now done online research about the company and have found where the Grand Junction got caught selling used items as new and have also found where the stores in Denver were investigated by the District Attornies office for being criminals and fraud. I wish I would have searched before hand. DO NOT SHOP WITH THIS COMPANY UNLESS YOU WANT TO GET RIPPED OFF
stay away from appliance

Colorado Springs, CO

#27 Aug 7, 2012
Shopped at the store in Denver. Oh my God. I regret ever buying anything from this company. Stay away from this company, I have now done online research about the company and have found where the Grand Junction got caught selling used items as new and have also found where the stores in Denver were investigated by the District Attornies office for being criminals and fraud. I wish I would have searched before hand. DO NOT SHOP WITH THIS COMPANY UNLESS YOU WANT TO GET RIPPED OFF
stay away from appliance

Colorado Springs, CO

#28 Aug 7, 2012
They also got caught in 2011 in Gradn Junction ,co for selling used item as new. This was report all over the news in Gradn Junction
Hateit

Denver, CO

#29 Aug 27, 2012
Felt dirty every time I left that place! Treat their employees the worst I've ever seen! Steal commissions! Steal spiff money! Kevin Drako (COO) is the biggest Jerk Off in the world! Talk about little bald man syndrome! Can't say enough about what a piece of SH*T that guy is! Don't ever work or shop there!
wendy

Grand Junction, CO

#30 Sep 22, 2012
I would not say buyer beware. I would tell the buyer to RUN. The further you stay away from this company the better off you will be. Poor customer service. BAD PRODUCTS. I have now read online where they got caught selling USED appliance as new. It took me two seconds searching the web to find out what this company is really about. Wish I would have search the net first. I would never ever recommend this company to anyone. Not even my worse enemy
Karen

Grand Junction, CO

#31 Oct 17, 2012
The company al around is a joke. The whirlpool problem is just one of the problems and B/S that goes on within the company. I have a friend that works for Appliance Factory Outlet. He has told me that the company buys truck loads of appliances that they call un-crated or out of box. Most of these items are used and sold a new. So, it appears that onces again the company is ripping off customers. In fact the Grand Junction, Colorado store got caught doing it last year by news channel 11. You would have to be an idiot to buy ANYTHING from this company. I am just not sure why the state allows this company to stay in business,
SAM

Grand Junction, CO

#32 Nov 12, 2012
The company over all are crooks. The sales price in the paper does not always match what it is when you get to the store. I have now found out that even their so called out of box it not what they claim. They sale used appliance as new. Do your online research about this company and you will be like me and never step foot in their stores again. CROOKS, CROOKS, CROOKS
nick

El Monte, CA

#33 Jan 10, 2013
Dan the Mgr in repair dividing quit today. Only have 7 techs now did have18.
biable

Cleveland, OH

#34 Jan 15, 2013
nick wrote:
Dan the Mgr in repair dividing quit today. Only have 7 techs now did have18.
maybe they are buying better stuff now and don't need to fix it.!!!!
Rick

Grand Junction, CO

#35 Jan 16, 2013
biable wrote:
<quoted text>maybe they are buying better stuff now and don't need to fix it.!!!!
I was in the Grand junction store today and talk about a mess. I swear all there stuff is used, the fridges were dirty and smelly. Buyer be ware. Go to sears
Frankie

Grand Junction, CO

#36 Feb 21, 2013
Rick wrote:
<quoted text>
I was in the Grand junction store today and talk about a mess. I swear all there stuff is used, the fridges were dirty and smelly. Buyer be ware. Go to sears
Your stated it looked dirty and smelly. The reason is as everyone above on the site hit it on the head. You have a very good chance when you buy out of box from Applinace Factory outlet that you are really buying used appliance but are being sold as new. The company is a joke and nothing but crooks.
Frankie

Grand Junction, CO

#37 Feb 21, 2013
Jason wrote:
please!? the sad part is Whirlpool has never seen a class D operation that they contract to do! Appliance Factory followed all industry standards in their operation, there is nothing illegal going on at Appliance Factory just political BS from Whirlpool. Appliance factory has been in business for decades selling millions of dollars worth of whirlpool product, investors of whirlpool should take that into consideration; whirlpool dropped millions of dollars of sales with no proof of anything. As far as the warranties... after Whirlpool bought Maytag they refused to accept warranties. They closed the warranty office and left many dealers around the country hanging! Appliance factory took on the responsibility of covering the warranties so the customer was taken care of, Whirlpool had no such concerns about the customers. You would think the big boys would have better things to do!
Yes, Jason works for the company as I use to work for the company also. I would never ever buy from this company. Read all the post on this site and do your online research about Appliance Factory Outlet and Fraud. You would have to be an idiot to shop with this company. Do not take my word research it. Then go to sears, Home Depot, Best buy, or Lowes and buy your appliances.
Boss

Grand Junction, CO

#38 Apr 7, 2013
Right wrote:
So they continued to sell the contracts and keep the money. Whrilpools phones must have been shut off or was it, Applinace Factory Outlet was too busy to mention to the factory reps that came in on a regular basis that they were holding contract info and contract money? You must work there because there was no mention of class D product in the report.(so you were familar with the term Frankenstien Products) Class D is SCRAP product without a model and serial tag and is sold to the dealers as scrap, to be scrapped not rebuilt and re-sold. Appliance Factory Outlet has taken the class B, C, D product to a whole new level. Not one company has come forward stating that there was any issue with submitting contracts they sold during or after the Maytag/Whirlpool merger. How many poor customers were notified by Appliance Factory Outlet that there was a problem with submitting their purchased contract? Were the customers given a choice of a refund or to let Appliance Factory Outlet cover their contract? Millions of dollars in sales or a great price doesn't mean a great deal or great company to do business with. You get what you pay for or maybe not in this case - the truth.
Poor Appliance Factory Outlet:(
You did get one thing right - it was all about the money!
3 years on from this review and the company is still at it. Selling used appliances as new , but when you only pay 5k for a tuck load and make a profit of 60% per load what's a few complaints bad AFO.
Frankie

Grand Junction, CO

#39 Apr 7, 2013
First off Jason is employeed by Appliance Factory Outlet.

Grand Junction, CO store also just got caught for fraud by a local news station. Here is the link

http://www.nbc11news.com/mobi...
Frankie

Grand Junction, CO

#40 Apr 7, 2013
Frst off Jason is employeed by Appliance Factory Outlet. The Grand Junction, CO store also got caught dong fraud to customer. Here is the link the local news stations.

http://www.nbc11news.com/mobi...
some one who knows

Grand Junction, CO

#41 Apr 2, 2014
now if you are wanting to listen to the ex employees frankie and jason go ahead. but frankie was the person who checked in the trucks for the company and he was the one who should have checked in all the appliances and checked them to see if they were used or not. the used appliances get sent out of the store and the new stay. if he is claiming this he wasn't doing his job, see ex employee, as for Jason well there is a joke of someone called a mgr. he had all the power to help people by changing out there products so they were happy.he would do it he would tell them things to not let this happen. also I was in there a few weeks ago, they fired everyone and set up a compleat new crew new Mgr. and all new sales people, and new delivery people also.
as for what they sell it isn't there stuff they get it from , GE, Samsung, and other ,ain companies. so the best thing you can do is come in and check it out for your self .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Appliances Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Whirlpool plant suspends 39 workers for lying a... (Apr '08) Apr '15 Ugly 246
AMANA (aka Whirlpool) bottom-freezer refrigerat... (Jul '07) Mar '15 Johnboy 168
News Whirlpool Brand and Award-Winning Artist Hunter... (Feb '15) Feb '15 Bobbi-Jo 1
News General Electric Pursues Spinoff, Sale of Consu... (Jul '08) Jan '15 housewhite 5,474
anyone have whirlpool email address? (May '07) Dec '14 Rehan Mazhar 127
News GE Sale of Appliance Unit May Foreshadow More D... (May '08) Mar '14 Jaleh 2
News STMicroelectronics Says Sales Must Rise 25% for... (Dec '12) Jan '14 Gary 2
More from around the web