Appliance Factory Outlet Accused Of R...

Appliance Factory Outlet Accused Of Racketeering

There are 42 comments on the cbs4denver.com story from May 17, 2008, titled Appliance Factory Outlet Accused Of Racketeering. In it, cbs4denver.com reports that:

“They were having problems with customer service, so we decided to do away with them.”

The Denver District Attorney is conducting an investigation of one of Colorado's biggest appliance retailers. via cbs4denver.com

Join the discussion below, or Read more at cbs4denver.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Jason

Englewood, CO

#1 May 28, 2008
please!? the sad part is Whirlpool has never seen a class D operation that they contract to do! Appliance Factory followed all industry standards in their operation, there is nothing illegal going on at Appliance Factory just political BS from Whirlpool. Appliance factory has been in business for decades selling millions of dollars worth of whirlpool product, investors of whirlpool should take that into consideration; whirlpool dropped millions of dollars of sales with no proof of anything. As far as the warranties... after Whirlpool bought Maytag they refused to accept warranties. They closed the warranty office and left many dealers around the country hanging! Appliance factory took on the responsibility of covering the warranties so the customer was taken care of, Whirlpool had no such concerns about the customers. You would think the big boys would have better things to do!
Right

United States

#2 Jun 7, 2008
So they continued to sell the contracts and keep the money. Whrilpools phones must have been shut off or was it, Applinace Factory Outlet was too busy to mention to the factory reps that came in on a regular basis that they were holding contract info and contract money? You must work there because there was no mention of class D product in the report.(so you were familar with the term Frankenstien Products) Class D is SCRAP product without a model and serial tag and is sold to the dealers as scrap, to be scrapped not rebuilt and re-sold. Appliance Factory Outlet has taken the class B, C, D product to a whole new level. Not one company has come forward stating that there was any issue with submitting contracts they sold during or after the Maytag/Whirlpool merger. How many poor customers were notified by Appliance Factory Outlet that there was a problem with submitting their purchased contract? Were the customers given a choice of a refund or to let Appliance Factory Outlet cover their contract? Millions of dollars in sales or a great price doesn't mean a great deal or great company to do business with. You get what you pay for or maybe not in this case - the truth.
Poor Appliance Factory Outlet:(

You did get one thing right - it was all about the money!
MENTALITY

United States

#3 Jun 11, 2008
TO JASON-You sound just like Chuck (CEO Appliance Factory Outlet) and his gang (CO CONSPIRATORS).
:-( Sorry the upper management and CEO KNEW and participated in curruption WITH knowing it was wrong and being advised of it many times by inner office personel that choose not to participate. This is only one of the alligations of what is and has gone on there. There is no way that DA from Colorado would just serve a search warrant, GO PUBLIC and with pending charges to make accusations on just 1-2 customers, employees and Whirlpool advising of the situations. GET REAL. Or to not have ANY proof of the illegal operations of the company. DON'T kid yourself if you think this is just political BS. Guess we will all have to be up to date on the story or be apart of the circus at the trial to be sure this sends a message to all appliacnce business's DON'T TRY THIS ONE!!
TO RIGHT-Well said!!
jason

Englewood, CO

#4 Jun 24, 2008
yeah whirlpool must be doing great to team with infomercial "oxiclean" :) but guess that's what happens when your stock is going straight down the toilet!
jason

Englewood, CO

#5 Jun 24, 2008
check out this link and all your "happy?" customers

http://www.topix.com/forum/com/whr/T194Q0L3LA...

hhmmh no wonder your so defensive :)
Right

United States

#6 Jun 27, 2008
When you have shitty companies selling your product like AFO was doing, you have a lot to overcome to regain lost business share. How is sales & service at AFO? Doing great - not! Not much of a come back from organized crime / racketeer. Hope Chuck and his cronies like the view from their jail cell in the near future! Sad to see that a few still have their heads up Chuck's A--.
Right

United States

#7 Jun 27, 2008
They must have brought that product from Appliance Factory Outlet online through EBAY! Well that’s what you get when you buy "Frankenstein". Frankly I don't care what happens to Whirlpool or Appliance Factory Outlet as long as the consumer is taken care of. When a company thinks it owns the market and can dictate how business is done, its time to send a reality check to that business. By the way, How much did you get from the extended warranty scam? You didn't have much to say about that!
who are you kidding

United States

#8 Jun 27, 2008
Everyone knows that the products sold are only as good as the companies that support them through sales and service. Bad companies like Appliance Factory outlet can make or break good product. Every company that has been around for awhile has some unhappy customers. I'm wondering why Jason tried to redirect focus and blame to Whirlpool's stock and customers complaints? So everything in Rights 1st posting must have hit it dead on! Also wondering why Whirlpool would cut its own throat by pulling the product from a business as big as Appliance Factory Outlet unless there were bad business practices going on when market share is so important now.
jason

Englewood, CO

#9 Jun 27, 2008
well I don't work at appliance factory haven't for some time so I don't know all about that, I just know how big companies with overpaid CEO's are scewing the middle class and their own employees as much as possible to line their own pockets. So... whirlpool is a great company and appliance factory is a bad one? Have you even looked at others, I worked at 3 dealers in Denver and there was not much difference in any of them? You really are putting on too much Rogaine. If you care about the customer so much why wouldn’t you care about the large number of complaints and poor reviews for the products that the great and ever powerful whirlpool sells? Why not the redirection of focus? whirlpool is not god’s gift as you seem to think it is. Are you getting paid to sit in your ivory tower and surf the net for blogs? you idiots can't even sound like a normal everyday Joe on an internet blog no matter how much you try, it's hilarious !!! You corporate whores make me sick! Like the lawyers you should all be at the bottom of the sea. so keep getting your golf buddies to post on this blog if that's what makes you happy.( but do your postings a little farther apart it looks as if you guys are all clustered around 1 desk )
Right

United States

#10 Jun 27, 2008
Thanks for confirming your involvement in this Chuck - Jason ;)
Right

United States

#11 Jun 27, 2008
Those 3 companies must have been

1. Appliance Factory Outlet
2. A&A Quaility Appliance
3. Brand Source Appliances / Ebay internet sales AFO

Whatever - Chuck / Jason;)

Caught at the scamming so change the name.

Whirlpool isn't being investagated by the Denver DA's office or any other law enforcement agency.
Stuck working for Chuck

United States

#12 Jun 27, 2008
I still work for Appliance Factory Outlet at the warehouse. As soon as I get my green card I'm out of here! I might be here against the law but they haven't kept their word either, change pay with the direction of the wind. Chuck comes to the building giving out ice cream and thinks that makes it all better. God he is stupid!
Stuck working for Chuck

United States

#13 Jun 27, 2008
Anyone out there know of a warehouse job in the Thornton - Longmont area?
Michael

Englewood, CO

#14 Aug 14, 2009
I was just learning more about the company before I make a purchase... Apparently Jason is more right than you had expected. DA couldn't find ANY evidence of fraud...

Denver Appliance Store Won't Face Criminal Charges
Written by Rick Sallinger

The Denver district attorney has decided no criminal charges will be filed following a lengthy investigation of Denver-based retailer Appliance Factory Outlet.

http://cbs4denver.com/investigates/appliance....
Nunya

Denver, CO

#15 Aug 25, 2009
There aren't anymore MO, or IL comments after that. All out of "factual", "condeming", information. Doesn't seem like whirlpool has a leg to stand on?:P
worked before

Denver, CO

#16 Oct 17, 2009
I used to work at AFO and witnessed all allegations, and I can tell you that this company and this guy Chuck are a bunch of crooks, they strip machines that are supposed to be scrapped and sell the parts on Ebay or they put them on their sales floor as scratch and dent, you are buying a machine that is put together with used parts or fabricated parts these said machines are supposed to be destroyed and scrapped this is not happening,the machine that you spend hundreds of dollars on cost Chuck 1 cent yes 1 cent, what a bargain that you are getting ha?? How does it feel to put you and your family in danger???Buy all you want, save money,and enjoy your new appliance!!!
Scam

Denver, CO

#17 Jan 5, 2010
Appliance Factory Outlet scammed me. On Monday I went to the store in Parker, Colorado. The Newspaper had an ad for $399. The same washer at HomeDepot was $403. When I arrived the sales guy said, "We only have one left. It has a scratch on the side; does that bother you? Otherwise it is new and has full warranty." The washer arrived Thursday. The washer continuously leaked water into the basket: 1 cup/2.5 min. It would take about 20 hours to fill the wash-basket and begin to ruin my house. Needless to say, the spin cycle left the clothes wet and there was 2 inch standing water when the spin cycle finished.
Appliance Factory Outlet said, "Okay, no problem. We'll give you the number for G.E. so call them and they will repair it." WHAT?!@#$$$$ It took one hour on the phone to convince them that I would not accept that for a "new" washer. So they delivered another washer on Saturday. I was gone. My wife called and said, "Listen to this: SCREEEEEECH!!!!" I got home and discovered the most horendous noise I'd ever heard. But hey, at least the "new" washer didn't leak. I left a second message on the "President's Hotline" with the screech in the background. The sales people said, "You have to call the warehouse on Monday to schedule a third machine drop-off." After 6 hours of phone calls (totalling about 60 minutes) a REPAIR TECH was sent to my home. I was told, "No we won't refund your money! You'll have a working washer by end of business today." No third machine! Upon repair tech opening the front of the washer I looked inside and saw metal shavings and metal dust piled up in different places. I called and demanded all my money back. I was refused. It took talking very loudly about false advertising, bait n switch, lemon laws, and scams to finally hear: "We'll give you your money back, but not the $10 old-washer removal fee." I say, "Stay FAR AWAY from Appliance Factory Outlet." We visited Best Buy Monday night; Best Buy served us well.
Scam

Denver, CO

#18 Jan 5, 2010
Oh, I forgot to write this: The washer delivered Saturday had a "credit memo" sheet with it. The paper said, "bad grinding noise." Was this future knowledge or serial number attached to repair issue?
ITS TRUE

Littleton, CO

#19 Mar 2, 2010
so i went to work at this AFO because i needed a job in crappy job market. CHUCK aka LIAR said that they would train me in appliance repair "TRAINING" was some kid that worked there for a few months longer then i did. the training was to replace parts tell you found the problem and if you cant fix it SCAPE IT ...WHAT??? when i questioned them on it they said there was no tech training and if you cant figure it out on your owen then maybe this job is not for you...WHAT???? so this is the training is that you pay to have a person come in you house to fix your appliance ..WHAT???? No training or schooling.....WHAT???? and the best part is that they throw parts at it tell they find the problem that you will pay for....WHAT???? oh and the best part is they JACK UP the Price so they can make money from you...WHAT????
P_OP

Denver, CO

#20 Mar 22, 2010
Meetings-none of us are as dumb as all of us.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Appliances Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Leigh Ann Sluder (Mar '09) Jul 13 Angry friend 11
AMANA (aka Whirlpool) bottom-freezer refrigerat... (Jul '07) Jul 7 Christy 170
News General Electric Pursues Spinoff, Sale of Consu... (Jul '08) Jun 29 sdwayne 5,496
News Dying Sears Is Having One of the Most Disastrou... Mar '17 Shopaholic 3
anyone have whirlpool email address? (May '07) Dec '16 Peter 130
News Whirlpool acquires W.C. Wood assets (Dec '09) Dec '16 Ken 14
News Architect of an empire: Gerald "Jerry" Rubin ta... (May '11) May '16 knowsitall 20
More from around the web