Whirlpool plant in Michigan to close,...

Whirlpool plant in Michigan to close, taking 216 jobs | The Columbu...

There are 6 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Jun 2, 2010, titled Whirlpool plant in Michigan to close, taking 216 jobs | The Columbu.... In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Whirlpool Corp. said yesterday that it will close a machining plant in Benton Harbor, Mich., eliminating 216 jobs.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

Joe Biden

Bellefontaine, OH

#1 Jun 2, 2010
The stimulus is working
dopes

Reynoldsburg, OH

#2 Jun 2, 2010
at least they are still making the parts in the usa

one of the very few appliance mfrs who do
North Campus

Columbus, OH

#3 Jun 2, 2010
This article isn't clear. It's a simple consolidation and Ohio is the winner. It seems that Michigan is losing all jobs, some of which are moving to Ohio, and 216 of which are being eliminated because new washer technology uses fewer parts, so they need fewer people.
Sarah Palin

New York, NY

#4 Jun 2, 2010
Joe Biden wrote:
The stimulus is working
Obama's appliance rebate sure did work!
Just the Facts

Columbus, OH

#5 Jun 2, 2010
This is the kind of change I can not believe...just sayin.
the southend

Pickerington, OH

#6 Jun 2, 2010
still have the plant here in the southend of columbus
at least the building

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Appliances Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
anyone have whirlpool email address? (May '07) Dec '16 Peter 130
News Whirlpool acquires W.C. Wood assets (Dec '09) Dec '16 Ken 14
News General Electric Pursues Spinoff, Sale of Consu... (Jul '08) Oct '16 TrojanHorse 5,492
AMANA (aka Whirlpool) bottom-freezer refrigerat... (Jul '07) Sep '16 Jriedel99 169
News Architect of an empire: Gerald "Jerry" Rubin ta... (May '11) May '16 knowsitall 20
News Whirlpool to cut 1,100 jobs, shut plant in Indiana (Aug '09) Feb '16 got 44
News Park National Acquires $636,000 in Snap-on Inco... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Challenger Lifts ... 1
More from around the web