Rabbittransit adds commuter bus servi...

Rabbittransit adds commuter bus service to Towson, Md.

There are 9 comments on the The York Daily Record story from Mar 5, 2011, titled Rabbittransit adds commuter bus service to Towson, Md.. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

Rabbittransit will be expanding its northern Maryland commuter service into Towson, Md.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

Balancing THE Budget

York, PA

#2 Mar 5, 2011
Absolute extreme waste of hard working taxpayer monies. Not only is Towson a farce, but Rabbit should use VW Beetle passenger CARS for all the ridership they have in close proximity to York City. Those Greyhound sized buses have like two (2) riders. Can't tell though, as windows are 'see out' only; don't want us to know how huge a waste their folly really is!
Michael Harpold

Hanover, PA

#3 Mar 5, 2011
Rabbitransit is always saying they are out of funds. I believe one of the reasons is pure stupidity. I ride both scheduled and paratransit buses. I can not count the times Rabbittransit has canceled paratransit rides to York VA Clinic, Lebanon VA Hospital while failing to notify me until the night before the appointment, causing many missed vital medical appointments.
At times, one would think the people in charge are real idiots...Here is one example:
I am a Dialysis paitent at the Littlestown Dialysis Center. Rabbitransit has scheduled runs from Hanover Area (and Adams Co.) weekly on various days.
Most paitents must attend Dialysis at least 3 times a week, or face the real possiblity of death with in ten days to two weeks.
Fortunately, I now only go to the Clinic for full treatment on Monday. However, I must go back on Friday to have my lines flused to avoid clotting. This takes all fo 10 minutes. The bus normaly arrives at the clinic between 11:20 and 11:45, it then waits until the morning shift has completed their treatments, and returns around 12:00. Now, here is the stupid part. Instead of allowing me to return on the 12:00 bus, I must wait one hour, and then they send ANOTHR BUS to Littlestown to pick me up.... ONE PERSON! It gets better...they have to come back at 5:30 to pick up the afternoon shift, but because they send the Paratransist Drivers helter skelter throuhout the county, that bus sometimes does not get to Littlestown until 7PM.
This newspaper could the community a great service if they would interview other passengers on both the scheduled and paratransist routes.
Ayatollah Imam Piglet

York, PA

#4 Mar 5, 2011
your tax dollars subsidizing another unfeasible dream
Todd Terdhunter

New Freedom, PA

#5 Mar 5, 2011
Think it through folks. Offer inner city residents one-way passes. Delivery only. No pick-ups, no returns. You are welcome.
ShortBusFellowPa ssenger

York, PA

#6 Mar 5, 2011
Todd Terdhunter wrote:
Think it through folks. Offer inner city residents one-way passes. Delivery only. No pick-ups, no returns. You are welcome.
Don't mind Todd! You've probably never even seen him. He is quite invisible, as the entire time he travels on Rabbit, his head is buried in some smelly/greasy/burly male factor workers lap! Thus, his last name/nick name!
Al X Trebek

York, PA

#7 Mar 5, 2011
A big problem with a York-to-Towson route is the fact that there is no operational restroom on the bus. A 90 minute ride is too long to be without a restroom, notwithstanding your usual traffic delays and accidents on that route.
Bob

Westminster, MD

#8 Mar 6, 2011
This is just going to bring more crime to the area.
No So Sure

Mount Laurel, NJ

#9 Mar 7, 2011
Todd Terdhunter wrote:
That all depends where they are delivering them to.
Tim Racney

Baltimore, MD

#10 Mar 8, 2011
Why not just go all the way to Baltimore?

There are jobs, universities, hospitals, BWI Airport, Amtrak station, Inner Harbor, Sports stadiums, Aquarium and Science Center.

That's why people travel south every day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Appliances Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
AMANA (aka Whirlpool) bottom-freezer refrigerat... (Jul '07) Apr 9 Cantstand 171
anyone have whirlpool email address? (May '07) Mar '18 Cool 57 132
News Barbeques Galore files for bankruptcy (Aug '08) Feb '18 Still an Unpaid v... 15
News Leigh Ann Sluder (Mar '09) Jul '17 Angry friend 11
News General Electric Pursues Spinoff, Sale of Consu... (Jul '08) Jun '17 sdwayne 5,496
News Dying Sears Is Having One of the Most Disastrou... (Feb '17) Mar '17 Shopaholic 3
News Whirlpool acquires W.C. Wood assets (Dec '09) Dec '16 Ken 14