Whirlpool 2Q profit falls on lower co...

Whirlpool 2Q profit falls on lower consumer demand

There are 3 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jul 17, 2009, titled Whirlpool 2Q profit falls on lower consumer demand. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Second-quarter profit fell 33 percent for Whirlpool Corp. , the world's largest maker of major home appliances, as consumer demand for its products significantly weakened.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Saver

San Francisco, CA

#1 Jul 27, 2009
Beau-T-Ful Job!!!
I would like to know if Whirlpool is headed in the right direction financially because reports show that they're not doing good so far, but does anyone think that there's a chance that Whirlpool will become a stable Corporation amid the recession.
Radsantafe

Los Alamos, NM

#2 Mar 12, 2010
March 12- Was getting ready to replace both my Whirlpool Dishwasher & Compactor New in 1988, fairly good service over years. However I will be looking for replacements made in USA, not Mexico. Nafta has wiped out manufacture in this country. You want my dollars, keep you factories in the US, don't matter how well your products work, I look else where or not replace current units. Unhappy in Santa Fe.
Fred in Tennessee

Franklin, TN

#3 Mar 13, 2010
Radsantafe wrote:
March 12- Was getting ready to replace both my Whirlpool Dishwasher & Compactor New in 1988, fairly good service over years. However I will be looking for replacements made in USA, not Mexico. Nafta has wiped out manufacture in this country. You want my dollars, keep you factories in the US, don't matter how well your products work, I look else where or not replace current units. Unhappy in Santa Fe.
Last I saw, the majority of Whirlpool manufacturing is in the United States and is one of the top companies employing american workers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Appliances Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News General Electric Pursues Spinoff, Sale of Consu... (Jul '08) Jun 20 ratboy 5,495
News Leigh Ann Sluder (Mar '09) Jun 3 Curious 10
News Dying Sears Is Having One of the Most Disastrou... Mar '17 Shopaholic 3
anyone have whirlpool email address? (May '07) Dec '16 Peter 130
News Whirlpool acquires W.C. Wood assets (Dec '09) Dec '16 Ken 14
AMANA (aka Whirlpool) bottom-freezer refrigerat... (Jul '07) Sep '16 Jriedel99 169
News Architect of an empire: Gerald "Jerry" Rubin ta... (May '11) May '16 knowsitall 20
More from around the web