Whirlpool CEO received compensation v...

Whirlpool CEO received compensation valued at $9.5 million in 2006

There are 44 comments on the The Repository story from Mar 13, 2007, titled Whirlpool CEO received compensation valued at $9.5 million in 2006. In it, The Repository reports that:

Whirlpool Corp. Chairman and Chief Executive Jeff Fettig received compensation that the world's largest maker of major home appliances valued at $9.5 million during 2006, according to a regulatory filing ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Repository.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Pam Stefanacci

Bethpage, NY

#1 Mar 23, 2007
How wonderful. I have a duet whirlpool wash machine that is a lemon. I have done nothing but argue with people about this and he gets 9.5 million
How about replacing my wash machine It has been seviced at least 7 times in three years and I was told that Whirlpool is known for not standing by there products

Since: Feb 07

Mechanicsburg, PA

#2 Mar 27, 2007
Better Business Bureau in Benton MI. Give them a try! Businesses who do people wrong hate it when the BBB gets on their case.
Dave

AOL

#3 Mar 31, 2007
Best way to drive a sheisty business under is not buy there products. Whirlpool use to make great appliances. All Sears-Kenmore appliances. Now, that I know they're Maytag I'm done with them all. I Had my d/w repaired 3 times under warranty. I don't think any of those people knew what they were doing. Sad thing-I bought, picked-up, and installed the one it replaced and it had no problems, never leaked and was over 15 years old. This "p.o.s." d/w is pushing 5 years old and is an electrical hazard.
Vlad

London, Canada

#4 Apr 25, 2007
Completely agree with you, guys: used to be the best, but now the worst! Product, service ...
No more Whirpool in my home!
Vlad

London, Canada

#5 Apr 25, 2007
Whirpool used to be the best and now they're the worst! Products, service ... No more their product in my home
Ravinder Gupta

Gurgaon, India

#6 May 14, 2007
I hv worked with Whirlpool India Limited for six years with high dedication and the result is that company didn't pay my money towards leave encashment.. I had 180 leaves when I left the company and I was not allowed to take leave during my employment with Whirlpool and when I had resigned I was not paid my dues.. Whirlpool on the one side giving lectures towards high value , ethics and the same time doesn't follow the same.. shame shame.. I hope to get my legitimate dues through Human Right organisation. Ravinder Gupta India - 91 9811354312
Ravinder Gupta

Gurgaon, India

#7 May 14, 2007
I hv worked with Whirlpool India Limited for six years with high dedication and the result is that company didn't pay my money towards leave encashment.. I had 180 leaves when I left the company and I was not allowed to take leave during my employment with Whirlpool and when I had resigned I was not paid my dues.. Whirlpool on the one side giving lectures towards high value , ethics and the same time doesn't follow the same.. shame shame.. Ravinder Gupta India - 91 9811354312
J Nevares

Liberty Hill, TX

#9 May 30, 2007
Don't feel bad...I just purchased a Maytag Neptune Model # MAH67000Aww - Front Loader...on May 7, 2007. I have not used it once. They have replaced the control board, the door switch and now they tell me they have to replace the control board again plus the pressure switch and pressure hose. Mind you I only got lucky on call number five and probably because I was in tears that I got someone out to my home on Mya 11th...but of course nothing could be done because they aren' carrying those parts yet. Then only because I called Chris Miller at the Whirlpool headquarters and ranted and raved that there are 4 small children in this household and I gave up a perfectly good washer for this brand new one did he get the part to me directly overnight when Maytag was telling me that the part was on back order across the nation. That part was put in on May 22 only to have the same messages come up again and now that the control board was replaced they said it was a door switch. That part was put in yesterday May 29 and again today the washer does not work, again the same message d5 (door open, which it was not) and the door blew open with laundry and water in my laundry room, bathroom and family room, oh yes, did I mention that I have hardwood floors?). Now I am being told they have to replace the control board again, a pressure hose and the pressure switch, and of course those parts need to be ordered so we don't know when they will arrive or even if maybe they maybe on "back order" too!. This time I am not getting any response from Whirlppol headquarters (Mr Chris Miller). So here it is almost one month with a new Maytag Washer and I have yet to use it..oh yes, it has also cost me about $50.00 in laudramat fees and that is cheap because I do not have to use their dryers. Gee I wish I was getting compensated for my stress,frustration,time,and fatigue of cleaning up the floors and my laudramat fees much less $9.5 million for ignoring the consumers that pay his salary. Oh yes and I wish the lonely Maytag repairman would stopping fixing copiers and get back into the business of fixing washers etc so there isn't such a backlog. I will discourage anyone I meet from buying a Maytag/Whirlpool product.
Pam Stefanacci wrote:
How wonderful. I have a duet whirlpool wash machine that is a lemon. I have done nothing but argue with people about this and he gets 9.5 million
How about replacing my wash machine It has been seviced at least 7 times in three years and I was told that Whirlpool is known for not standing by there products
NEW YORK

AOL

#10 Jun 14, 2007
NECER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM MAYTAG OR WHIRLPOOL OR ANYTHING THAT COMES FROM THAT COMPANY!!! YOU WILL REGRET IT BADLY!!! MY REFRIGERATOR BROKE DOWN WITH ALL OF THE FOOD SPOILING. I KEPT SENDING E-MAILS AND TRYING TO CONTACT THEM TO NO AVAIL. FINALLY TWO WEEKS LATER THEY CALLED BACK TO GIVE ME A STUPIS 15% OFF OF A NEW MAYTAG PRODUCT. THEY MUST BE CRAZY IF THEY THINK THAT I WANT ANYTHING FROM THAT COMPANY. IT'S ALL JUNK AND EVEN THE STORE THAT I ORIGINALLY BOUGHT IT FROM SAID THAT THEIR PRODUCTS ARE JUNK NOW.
YONKERS

AOL

#11 Jun 14, 2007
DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM!!! THE PRODUCTS ARE GARBAGE AND THEY WILL BREAK DOWN. YOU WILL NEVER HAVE ANY PEACE. THESE HORRIBLE PRODUCTS WILL RUIN YOUR LIFE AND THE COMPANY WILL TREAT YOU LIKE THE PRODUCTS TRASH!!!
Scott

Dayton, OH

#12 Jul 30, 2007
I can only reiterate what so many have said before me. NEVER BUY A WHIRLPOOL APPLICANCE. THEY DO NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCTS. I have a 2002 model double wall oven. 4 months after purchase, we used the self-cleaning function, which burned out the electronics from overheating. The repair was performed under warranty. Two weeks ago (July 2007), I used the self-cleaning function for only the second time. Again the electronics were burned out. My wife and I are very careful about our cooking and the ovens are treated with TLC. This time, Whirlpool not only refused to pay for any portion of the parts, but had the nuts to offer a 10% repurchase bonus -- as if I would purchase another set of wall ovens from them. I am sending a letter to the ceo and am considering boxing up the defective ovens and sending them to the ceo.
dulda

Littleton, CO

#13 Jul 31, 2007
READ YOUR WARRANTIES PEOPLE! YOU CAN'T EXPECT SOMETHING FOR NOTHING! I love my Whirlpool appliances and I haven't had any problems. You might want to look at who/how they were installed, and who made the service calls. Big wigs at all of these companies get huge payouts-
winers.
Vee Jay

United States

#14 Aug 6, 2007
I agree with all of the complaints. My new Whirlpool Quiet Partner I dishwasher is nothing but a Lemon. I replaced it with a GE dishwasher that was more than 20 years old and worked fine, but this Whirlpool DW is a piece of crap. I bought it less than a year ago, it has never cleaned, and the only thing customer service can tell me is to use less detergent. What an insult!!!!! I have washed one load of dishes three times and the dishwasher does not clean, period!!!!!!
Daniel

United States

#15 Aug 8, 2007
Your washer was actually built by Samsung and is a peice of crap like most of their products. Maytag hired Samsung to build them 'cause Maytag did not have any money to design and build their own. This was long before Whirlpool bought Maytag and one of the first things Whirlpool did was desolve the relationship with Samsung. Now they are stuck with all the washers Maytag already built.
Jodi

Stillwater, MN

#16 Aug 21, 2007
Maybe he can afford to fix his Jenn Air Gurgle problems!! I'll never buy from Whirlpool again. The best appliance I have is a Miele! But then what does he care he can afford Viking, or Sub Zero, or Miele or Fisher Paykel!!
Jan

AOL

#17 Sep 24, 2007
Looking for troubleshooting info for my Whirlpool Quiet Partner I dishwasher and found this site. The CEO gets $9.5M? He should have to put it all back into the company and be fired for the inferior products they sell. Always bought Whirlpool in my 37 years of marriage. A good name and a good product. NOT ANY MORE!!! My dishwasher is two years old. Just before the one year warranty ran out the motor seized and had to be replaced. Then I had the series of lights blinking and it would not turn on. Found out how to reset the panel on another website. After that the top rack does not clean. The dishes don't even get wet. Shortly after that one of the prongs on the lower rack was leaning. When I touched it, it broke off from rust. Took a good look at the bottom rack and another prong is rusting on the top and some of the corners have rust showing. It never cleaned right from the beginning. I found a top exec to email about my problems and that they have lost me as a customer. After two or three weeks I received a phone call from Ann. She wanted to know what was going on and did I want to fix it. Hell, no. I will not put any money into. I suggested if Whirlpool wanted to do something about it as a "lemon", that would be fine. She said I could go online and pick out a machine, use a credit card to purchase it and they would have it sent from the factory and installed. I said "I would then be charged for installation". No. They would cover it and give me a pro-rated credit on my two year old machine. I was surprised at the offer. It seemed fair. Then I started wondering what am I doing? That would be spending good money after bad. And I would still have a machine that's a peice of junk and in another year or two be spending again? I think I'll go GE. No more Whirlpool anything for me!!!!
sunil bhat

Delhi, India

#18 Oct 1, 2007
whirlpool is the best
Eileen

Lansdale, PA

#19 Oct 2, 2007
Whirlpool cares nothing about customer satisfaction. Whirlpool front load duet washer and dryer purchased on July 1, 2007. F20 error on September 1, 2007. Whirlpool service provider,A&E, has been to my home on three different occasions. September 5th he stated that he didn't know what the problem was so he ordered three parts (control board, hose and switch) which took three weeks to arrive. The parts were replaced the technician left and I still got the F20 error. The technician came back the third time and stated there was a loose connection and everything was fine. I went to do a load of clothes that night and got the F20 error again. The problem has gotten worse since this last repair visit. Initially the machine would go through the wash cycle and the error would appear on the rinse cycle. Now it goes into F20 as soon as the wash cycle begins. A& E has scheduled yet another appointment on October 10th with a "senior" technician. How long must this go on before they admit they either don't know what they are doing or the machine cannot be repaired????? I had another authorized repairman check and he could not find the problem.
Craig

Circleville, OH

#20 Nov 10, 2007
You people are nuts. I work on all brands of appliances for a living and have for 35 yrs. In comparison, Whirlpool products are built better than than most other brands that the average consumer buys. One problem is, people want low prices and a product to last forever. Sorry, but you must have one or the other. The other problem is the government. Thanks to our enviromental wacko liberals, everything must meet high effeciency standards. This forces the manufacturers to use solid state controls. So, for you people you must have rock bottom prices, the control boards are mostly made in Mexico. We all know what kind of quality control Mexico has. If you want real appliance problems, buy an LG product or Samsung refrigerator. You will go back to Whirlpool in no time. Don't blame the manufacturer, blame the consumer!
Jim

Plainfield, IN

#21 Nov 12, 2007
In my years as a service tech in various fields, I have noticed that it has become cost-inefficient to track down the problems in "apparent lemon machines." In other words,'if I can't figure it out quickly, and tech support can't remotely figure out the problem I'm describing over the phone, their suggestion is to start swapping out parts.' So for all of you who have gotten bad repair service from "factory-trained techs," it's not always their/our fault. The other thing you might consider is that there is a lot of money to be made by the company in parts replacement. As for Maytag, Whirlpool, LG, Samsung, Ford, GM, Chrysler... They all probably make their share of lemons. Personally the best W/D I ever owned was a White Westinghouse HD set. 20 years with only the 'dryer tumble bearing' and the 'washer tumbler drive motor' going out; both of which I diagnosed and repaired myself without any formal training.::patting self on back:: Good luck to you all, and God Bless.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Appliances Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barbeques Galore files for bankruptcy (Aug '08) Feb 9 Still an Unpaid v... 15
anyone have whirlpool email address? (May '07) Nov '17 Jeff 131
News Leigh Ann Sluder (Mar '09) Jul '17 Angry friend 11
AMANA (aka Whirlpool) bottom-freezer refrigerat... (Jul '07) Jul '17 Christy 170
News General Electric Pursues Spinoff, Sale of Consu... (Jul '08) Jun '17 sdwayne 5,496
News Dying Sears Is Having One of the Most Disastrou... (Feb '17) Mar '17 Shopaholic 3
News Whirlpool acquires W.C. Wood assets (Dec '09) Dec '16 Ken 14
More from around the web