Amana -Horrible fridges

Posted in the Appliances Forum

Trish

Monument, CO

#1 May 17, 2012
My fridge that costs 1200.00 dollars went out 10 months after I purchased it. I lost close to 500.00 in food. Amana paid for the repair. Almost 10 months later it happened again. Another 500.00 dollars lost in food. This time the woman at the customer service line said that they would pay for the part but not the repair. The repair man got to my house and said that Amana was not paying for the part. However, he already knew what was wrong with the fridge without looking at it. He said there was a known glitch that was causing the circuit board to fry. He even showed me the meesage from Amana. When I called customer service back they said that there was no known issue. That first repair man did not have the part required. A week later a different repair man comes to finish the job. He was able to show me the same message from Amana about this known problem. However, he asked if I could not tell Amana that I got the info from him. I have tried to contact Amana about this. I do not get a response. This second repair minus the food lost has cost me almost 400.00. I have the blackened circuit board. I have the info on a known manufacturing defect and still they do nothing. I have now lost close to 1400.00 on 2 year old fridge that cost 1200.00. I will never purchase another appliance made by Amana or one of their sister companies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Appliances Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
AMANA (aka Whirlpool) bottom-freezer refrigerat... (Jul '07) Mar 12 Johnboy 168
News Whirlpool Brand and Award-Winning Artist Hunter... Feb '15 Bobbi-Jo 1
News General Electric Pursues Spinoff, Sale of Consu... (Jul '08) Jan '15 housewhite 5,474
anyone have whirlpool email address? (May '07) Dec '14 Rehan Mazhar 127
News Appliance Factory Outlet Accused Of Racketeering (May '08) Apr '14 Some one who know... 41
News GE Sale of Appliance Unit May Foreshadow More D... (May '08) Mar '14 Jaleh 2
News STMicroelectronics Says Sales Must Rise 25% for... (Dec '12) Jan '14 Gary 2
More from around the web