Clashes kill 18 rebels in central Syria

Clashes kill 18 rebels in central Syria

There are 84 comments on the WOI-TV West Des Moines story from Aug 13, 2013, titled Clashes kill 18 rebels in central Syria. In it, WOI-TV West Des Moines reports that:

The mother of a man who died after falling from the upper deck of Turner Field in Atlanta was a life-long Braves fan.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOI-TV West Des Moines.

Since: Aug 09

Saint Louis, MO

#62 Aug 20, 2013
mxlplx wrote:
Didn't al Sisi already cross Assad's body count threshold that sparked Syria's endless war?
Where the hell is consistency in this world?
Comrade Sisi is the boss in the oldest civilization in the world and most strategic trading point in the world. Nobody is going to intimidate him, not even John Mc-Moron-Cain. If they cut off aid, Egypt is likely to cut the same amount out of their behinds as they pass through the Suez Canal

Saint Louis, MO

#63 Aug 20, 2013
mxlplx wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, the Saudi Wahabis are backing the military. Apparently, they have their own problems with the MB. Qatar, on the other hand, backs the MB.
And those in Washington just take their dramamine and jump in head first, with not a clue in the world to what they're doing.
The Saudi royals may be evil. But they are not quite as stupid as the Obama Administration. They can see the hand writing on the wall. They want to be on the winning side. No questions asked.

Saint Louis, MO

#65 Aug 20, 2013
mxlplx wrote:
I was no fan of Ghadafi but let's not mince words, the West became the best ally Islamic jihad could have wished for on that one.
With Egypt back on track, those rats in Libya will have to defend on a new front. I really do not expect them to last much longer. I would even expect the Tunisian front to turn against them as the Tunisians notice which side their bread is buttered on.

Saint Louis, MO

#66 Aug 20, 2013
mxlplx wrote:
In fact, it's our empowerment of Shi'ites in Iraq, unquestioning support for Israeli policies and laissez faire with Mubarak et. al. throughout the ME/N Africa that have helped to unleash this pandora's box of 'Arab springs', now beyond our control and our knee jerk reactions, trying to come to terms with it that are creating so many confusing and contradictory approaches in Washington. Obviously, there are those that wish to exploit the chaos (your players) but these are hardly world-class strategic thinkers with US/World long term interests in mind. They're more simple scavengers of the Serengeti.
Oh yeah!!! Washington did put the Shiites in power in Irag. Didn't they? LOOOOOOOL!!! Now, they have the nerve to complain about Iran. Another point is the Shiites have virtually taken over in Lebanon in the wake of the Syrian pull out. Irony of ironies is that the Syrians actually kept the Shiites in check in Lebanon. But Washington was not satisfied with that.

I cannot believe that policy makers in Washington are so clueless about dang near everything in the Mid-East and Africa.

Saint Louis, MO

#67 Aug 20, 2013
mxlplx wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree. They may be secondary influences but it's Iran with joint Israeli/Saudi concerns that are the tails wagging our dog.
No. I do not see any collusion between Iran israel or Iran and Saudi Arabia. Iran has been alienated over its rights to development nuclear technology. Plus, Russia and China are mad as the devil over the setback of their interests in Libya and North Africa. So I think the collusion is between Iran on one side and Russia and China on the other side. Russia and China are going to give Iran all the support it needs to counter western and israeli interests. That means that nothing short of WW III will counter the screw up created by Dumb-Dumb Bush's lies about WMD's in Irag. American policy is all screwed up. I had hoped that Obama had enough sense to reverse Bush's stupidity. But instead, he made matters worse because the USA can no longer use the UN as a cover for its stupid policies.

Saint Louis, MO

#68 Aug 20, 2013
waleed sadat wrote:
As violent unrest continues to throw Egypt into chaos, Christians are increasingly finding themselves to be the targets of persecution and abuse.
Presently, the greatest threat to Egyptian Christians comes from supporters of Mohamed Morsi—the Muslim Brotherhood-affiliated president who was ousted last month. According to recent statistics, only 13% of Egypt’s 85 million residents are Christians, while 85% are Muslim.
This week, the Maspero Youth Union (MYU)—a Coptic activist organization—have been providing detailed reports of violence committed against Christians and Catholics. On Friday, the group posted a thorough list of the many buildings that have been attacked and terrorized in recent days, saying that some Copts have even been killed while attempting to defend their church buildings.
I expect the new government in Cairo will do at least two things. One, they will protect the Christian community against Brotherhood attacks. Two, they will write protection for Coptics into the new constitution. That will be in line with Islamic tradition in which religious minorities have always been protected under Islamic rule. I think and I hope Al-Sisi is a much better Muslim than anybody in the Brotherhood. The Brotherhood are fanatics. But they seem ignorant of the basic principles of Islamic rule. Even the Grand Imam at al-Azhar has been unable to stomach the Brothehood. That says a lot because al-Azahr is the center of worldwide Islamic scholarship. It is the oldest university in the world.

Saint Louis, MO

#69 Aug 20, 2013
rtloder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes well I'm positive that has come to an end , the MB could become a terrorist organization , but the fact is there is only 3 countries where there safe, Qatar , Libya and Southern Yemen. Turkey will change like the weather.
Their experimental has ended , they need a front legitimate organization to be successful as a international ideology , that is protected by the humanitarian code of conduct.
"Kill bomb mutilate torture whoever you like except for vermin Jew swine and we of the West, and we of the West will make sure nobody retaliates against you."
Syria has put that in the shade , the shade of the sword that you pass under to enter where ever it is that murdering Jew licking swine go when the shade of the sword passes.
Al-Sisi is the instrument of God.
And al-Sisis has deep, deep support in Egyptian society. His legitimacy is also based on Egyptian tradition. First of all, Nasserism respected Christian rights. Secondly, al-Azhar respects Christian rights. This is where Obama under-estimated Libya and Egypt. Nasserism was the leader of African Independence which is deeply rooted throughout Africa. And al-Azahfr is the center of Islamic scholarship. They were blinded by their racism and zionsim. They could not see Egypt us far superior to anything the west could ever produce in terms of scholarship and learning as way as strategic in Africa and between east and west. But I am certain that al-Sisi sees it. Also, virtually all Egyptian intellectuals see it. This is why the liberals have united with the military. Of course Obama was counting on support from the liberals. LOL Well, they may be liberal. But they are not stupid and they are definitely not ignorant of the importance and power of Egypt in the world. This is why they told Mc-Moron-Cain to shove it.$1.5 billion means very little to the Egyptians. They have at least $100 billion ion foreign reserves after nearly three years of a bad economy. Why should they be intimidated? Washington is the biggest bunch of idiots on earth today.

rtloder

Since: Nov 12

Sydney, Australia

#70 Aug 21, 2013
waleed sadat wrote:
<quoted text>
Al-Sisi should designate land so the Copts can live free from the Islamic brutality, violence and oppression. The same for the Syrians. They must designate some autonomous lands for the Kurds so these people can educate their children far from Islamic hatred, bigotry and violence.

That's the game plan of the Jew divide and continue to vote to conquer and conquer.
Arabs will come out of this united then we will conqueror you .
Syrian

Waterford, CT

#71 Aug 21, 2013
Satanists Evil Exposed wrote:
<quoted text>More white people killing everything and polluting what survives.
"White people"?
Professor Ayreshire

Albuquerque, NM

#72 Aug 22, 2013
Syrian wrote:
<quoted text> "White people"?
You're sick! You and nutjobs Olivia Crumwell and Hppphtsspps have been kissing Assad's rear forever. Here's a video of your filthy disgusting idol using Chemical Weapons on the children of Syria!
orion

Boksburg, South Africa

#73 Aug 22, 2013
military tactician wrote:
<quoted text>
Soon Israel can truly begin to emulate the 3rd Reich and begin its war on two fronts, Syria and Egypt.
It can empower al Qaeda in the North and battle the Brotherhood in the South.
Actually, that's what the Saudis are doing right now. Maybe the time is ripe for the Saudis to include Israel on their maps? Maybe they can even merge. LOL
The Saudi Royal family is of Jewish origin as the Wahabi sect was started by a Jewish merchant from Basrah. I am sure the Saudi are worried if the Jihadi must come home. They are the next target.
orion

Boksburg, South Africa

#74 Aug 22, 2013
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
And al-Sisis has deep, deep support in Egyptian society. His legitimacy is also based on Egyptian tradition. First of all, Nasserism respected Christian rights. Secondly, al-Azhar respects Christian rights. This is where Obama under-estimated Libya and Egypt. Nasserism was the leader of African Independence which is deeply rooted throughout Africa. And al-Azahfr is the center of Islamic scholarship. They were blinded by their racism and zionsim. They could not see Egypt us far superior to anything the west could ever produce in terms of scholarship and learning as way as strategic in Africa and between east and west. But I am certain that al-Sisi sees it. Also, virtually all Egyptian intellectuals see it. This is why the liberals have united with the military. Of course Obama was counting on support from the liberals. LOL Well, they may be liberal. But they are not stupid and they are definitely not ignorant of the importance and power of Egypt in the world. This is why they told Mc-Moron-Cain to shove it.$1.5 billion means very little to the Egyptians. They have at least $100 billion ion foreign reserves after nearly three years of a bad economy. Why should they be intimidated? Washington is the biggest bunch of idiots on earth today.
The problem with Egyptian history is that the first pharaoh were White and are depicted as such. A DNA test made last year on King Tut, mummy show that he is of nordic origin.
orion

Boksburg, South Africa

#75 Aug 22, 2013
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
No. I do not see any collusion between Iran israel or Iran and Saudi Arabia. Iran has been alienated over its rights to development nuclear technology. Plus, Russia and China are mad as the devil over the setback of their interests in Libya and North Africa. So I think the collusion is between Iran on one side and Russia and China on the other side. Russia and China are going to give Iran all the support it needs to counter western and israeli interests. That means that nothing short of WW III will counter the screw up created by Dumb-Dumb Bush's lies about WMD's in Irag. American policy is all screwed up. I had hoped that Obama had enough sense to reverse Bush's stupidity. But instead, he made matters worse because the USA can no longer use the UN as a cover for its stupid policies.
I agree.

Saint Louis, MO

#76 Aug 22, 2013
orion wrote:
<quoted text>The Saudi Royal family is of Jewish origin as the Wahabi sect was started by a Jewish merchant from Basrah. I am sure the Saudi are worried if the Jihadi must come home. They are the next target.
Idiot, how can a Jew start a Muslim sect? Don't you see how dumb that is?

Saint Louis, MO

#77 Aug 22, 2013
orion wrote:
<quoted text>The problem with Egyptian history is that the first pharaoh were White and are depicted as such. A DNA test made last year on King Tut, mummy show that he is of nordic origin.
There you go with that stupid DNA crap again.( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_Darwinism ). Idiot, don't you realize that what little you know about Egyptian history is the end of the Pharaohic period? Obviously Egyptian culture enters through Upper Egypt (Nubia) which is black African. King Tut is one of many, many who had no neandertahl contact at all. Maybe he was similar to Cleopatra who was mostly white. So what? I do not care about genetics or race. Contrary to idiotic beliefs, I have never been a racist.

Now get lost, dummy.
Syrian

Waterford, CT

#78 Aug 22, 2013
Ancient Egyptian history! Interesting!!

rtloder

Sydney, Australia

#79 Aug 22, 2013
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiot, how can a Jew start a Muslim sect? Don't you see how dumb that is?

Al-Wahhab had been moving around since studying in Medina , and met up with the local Chief Muhammad ibn Saud in Dariya,(mid 18century).
Muhammad ibn Saud married his eldest son to Al-Wahhabs daughter , and so began the Al-Saud-Al-Wahhab alliance.
I haven't heard of any Jews the family either .
But its important to remember the Talmudists are accepted by the Koran as a religious significance ,( People of the Book).
Although they had deviated considerably and the covenant was broken they had not committed the final act of apostasy and betrayal by re-establishing
Israel without the Consent of Allah .
This separated Jews from Muslims and Christians , where as it didn't do before.
Perhaps Orion is thinking Muslims were always separate from Jews , and is reading too much into the situation we have now , that was not before ?.

Saint Louis, MO

#80 Aug 22, 2013
rtloder wrote:
<quoted text>
Al-Wahhab had been moving around since studying in Medina , and met up with the local Chief Muhammad ibn Saud in Dariya,(mid 18century).
Muhammad ibn Saud married his eldest son to Al-Wahhabs daughter , and so began the Al-Saud-Al-Wahhab alliance.
I haven't heard of any Jews the family either .
But its important to remember the Talmudists are accepted by the Koran as a religious significance ,( People of the Book).
Although they had deviated considerably and the covenant was broken they had not committed the final act of apostasy and betrayal by re-establishing
Israel without the Consent of Allah .
This separated Jews from Muslims and Christians , where as it didn't do before.
Perhaps Orion is thinking Muslims were always separate from Jews , and is reading too much into the situation we have now , that was not before ?.
Really? You imply on the one hand that Jews have a role to play in Islam. But on the other hand, you imply that every is oozy cozy between Christianity and Islam. I disagree. Even in Al-Fatiha, we Pray to avoid going the path of Jews and Christians. I know nothing about al-Wahab and want to know nothing about him. All I know is that what you are talking right now is ridiculous non-sense. You have to have prescience for the study of any discipline. And Islamic prescience precludes any of that crap you are talking right now. You do not fool me. Fool yourself only.

rtloder

Sydney, Australia

#81 Aug 22, 2013
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? You imply on the one hand that Jews have a role to play in Islam. But on the other hand, you imply that every is oozy cozy between Christianity and Islam. I disagree. Even in Al-Fatiha, we Pray to avoid going the path of Jews and Christians. I know nothing about al-Wahab and want to know nothing about him. All I know is that what you are talking right now is ridiculous non-sense. You have to have prescience for the study of any discipline. And Islamic prescience precludes any of that crap you are talking right now. You do not fool me. Fool yourself only.

No one has a prescience for any relationship of events to any discipline .
To have that is to be a soothsayer.
Allah will do whatever He wants .
I don't for tell events.
Extrapolating the past is what Salafi are.
And another thing Allah must be in many ways subordinate to the development of what we become .
If He were not we would be animated cartoon type characters .
That's why them that accept the
Al-Fatiha is judged by following the straight path , but them that never are introduced to it or badly introduced are judged by the acceptance or composition of belief in the truth that they know.
Christ is coming back , why can't I be Christ.
According to me I am the transmission of what accumulated consensus of humanity want to become (destiny), as has happened in the past .
Psychological war , that's what philosophy and religion is all about .
That's why you get motivated so easy.
Its the war of ideas.

Syrian

Waterford, CT

#82 Aug 22, 2013
Professor Ayreshire wrote:
<quoted text>You're sick! You and nutjobs Olivia Crumwell and Hppphtsspps have been kissing Assad's rear forever. Here's a video of your filthy disgusting idol using Chemical Weapons on the children of Syria! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =9tchdWKQQm0XX
They finally let you out of the insane asylum?? LOL!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Airlines Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jaime King Boycotts United Airlines following d... 3 hr Stonetemple 4
News Delta discontinues service at Long Island MacAr... (Mar '08) Aug 16 Qfsaviation 10
News Singapore Airlines' latest safety video is the ... Aug 8 CaptJoe 1
ua flight 898 from houston to new orleans. anot... Jul 24 where r deez craz... 1
News Formerly all-Boeing Alaska Air to keep Airbus j... Jul 21 Snowball in hell 3
Delta and Ann Coulter Jul 19 Prospective Pax 3
Frontier's dart in the map strategy Jul '17 Prospective Pax 1
More from around the web