Clashes kill 18 rebels in central Syria

Clashes kill 18 rebels in central Syria

There are 84 comments on the WOI-TV West Des Moines story from Aug 13, 2013, titled Clashes kill 18 rebels in central Syria. In it, WOI-TV West Des Moines reports that:

The mother of a man who died after falling from the upper deck of Turner Field in Atlanta was a life-long Braves fan.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOI-TV West Des Moines.

Syrian

Waterford, CT

#41 Aug 16, 2013
Oliver Cromwell wrote:
<quoted text> 650 in about eight hours is going some,didn't hear those Morons in the whitehouse and Europe screaming they are killing their own people and the Regime MUST GO,no talk about the Butchers of Cairo,no talk of sanctions or no fly zones.
Exactly!!
Syrian

Waterford, CT

#42 Aug 16, 2013
Oliver Cromwell wrote:
Another thing those Criminals Nato attacked Libya even before Gadaffis army had got to Bengahzi to crush those Wahabi thugs.
Very true. Libya was yet another target of their "regime change" agenda!
mxlplx

United States

#43 Aug 17, 2013
I was no fan of Ghadafi but let's not mince words, the West became the best ally Islamic jihad could have wished for on that one.
Oliver Cromwell

Preston, UK

#44 Aug 17, 2013
mxlplx wrote:
I was no fan of Ghadafi but let's not mince words, the West became the best ally Islamic jihad could have wished for on that one.
Youn are correct,one doesn't have to be a fan of Gadafi or Assad to see the big picture of whats going on here,like Syrian said its a Regime change agenda by the New Reich,its big oil,wall street,and the Military Industrial complex that's pushing this agenda ,the good news is i think its been stopped in its blood soaked tracks in Syria,having said that i don't expect those fascists to just walk away.
mxlplx

United States

#45 Aug 17, 2013
Oliver Cromwell wrote:
<quoted text> its big oil,wall street,and the Military Industrial complex that's pushing this agenda
I disagree. They may be secondary influences but it's Iran with joint Israeli/Saudi concerns that are the tails wagging our dog.
mxlplx

United States

#46 Aug 17, 2013
In fact, it's our empowerment of Shi'ites in Iraq, unquestioning support for Israeli policies and laissez faire with Mubarak et. al. throughout the ME/N Africa that have helped to unleash this pandora's box of 'Arab springs', now beyond our control and our knee jerk reactions, trying to come to terms with it that are creating so many confusing and contradictory approaches in Washington. Obviously, there are those that wish to exploit the chaos (your players) but these are hardly world-class strategic thinkers with US/World long term interests in mind. They're more simple scavengers of the Serengeti.
Oliver Cromwell

Preston, UK

#47 Aug 17, 2013
mxlplx wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree. They may be secondary influences but it's Iran with joint Israeli/Saudi concerns that are the tails wagging our dog.
Can't see how Iran comes into the picture other than supporting their allies in Lebanon and Syria,having said that they gave mixed signals when the Libyan thing was going on.
Syrian

Waterford, CT

#48 Aug 17, 2013
mxlplx wrote:
Yep! Just more Western foreign policy insanity!!

rtloder

Since: Nov 12

Villawood, Australia

#49 Aug 17, 2013
Its all of them things, the immediate driving force of Arab Spring was a crisis , that had to be engaged .
Before that.
Bush junior deciding to take out Saddam couldn't have happened without a roadmap for the future.
Notice that's where Saudi hit the change over from suspect to friend .
Qatar was way even before that ,
Maybe was always a friend , but not trusted .
I think the wind of change was blowing in a replacement for Israel , since Ayatollah Khomeini.
That really hurt the Yanks .

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#50 Aug 18, 2013
As violent unrest continues to throw Egypt into chaos, Christians are increasingly finding themselves to be the targets of persecution and abuse.

Presently, the greatest threat to Egyptian Christians comes from supporters of Mohamed Morsi—the Muslim Brotherhood-affiliated president who was ousted last month. According to recent statistics, only 13% of Egypt’s 85 million residents are Christians, while 85% are Muslim.

This week, the Maspero Youth Union (MYU)—a Coptic activist organization—have been providing detailed reports of violence committed against Christians and Catholics. On Friday, the group posted a thorough list of the many buildings that have been attacked and terrorized in recent days, saying that some Copts have even been killed while attempting to defend their church buildings.

rtloder

Since: Nov 12

Sydney, Australia

#51 Aug 18, 2013
waleed sadat wrote:
As violent unrest continues to throw Egypt into chaos, Christians are increasingly finding themselves to be the targets of persecution and abuse.
Presently, the greatest threat to Egyptian Christians comes from supporters of Mohamed Morsi—the Muslim Brotherhood-affiliated president who was ousted last month. According to recent statistics, only 13% of Egypt’s 85 million residents are Christians, while 85% are Muslim.
This week, the Maspero Youth Union (MYU)—a Coptic activist organization—have been providing detailed reports of violence committed against Christians and Catholics. On Friday, the group posted a thorough list of the many buildings that have been attacked and terrorized in recent days, saying that some Copts have even been killed while attempting to defend their church buildings.
Yes well I'm positive that has come to an end , the MB could become a terrorist organization , but the fact is there is only 3 countries where there safe, Qatar , Libya and Southern Yemen. Turkey will change like the weather.
Their experimental has ended , they need a front legitimate organization to be successful as a international ideology , that is protected by the humanitarian code of conduct.
"Kill bomb mutilate torture whoever you like except for vermin Jew swine and we of the West, and we of the West will make sure nobody retaliates against you."
Syria has put that in the shade , the shade of the sword that you pass under to enter where ever it is that murdering Jew licking swine go when the shade of the sword passes.
Al-Sisi is the instrument of God.
Oliver Cromwell

Bangor, UK

#52 Aug 19, 2013
Ghaznavi wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Why you asking me, you Thick wanker?
Because you seem to like Jihad you stupid TW#T.
Syrian

Waterford, CT

#53 Aug 20, 2013
Oliver Cromwell wrote:
<quoted text> Because you seem to like Jihad you stupid TW#T.
LOL!!!

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#54 Aug 20, 2013
rtloder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes well I'm positive that has come to an end , the MB could become a terrorist organization , but the fact is there is only 3 countries where there safe, Qatar , Libya and Southern Yemen. Turkey will change like the weather.
Their experimental has ended , they need a front legitimate organization to be successful as a international ideology , that is protected by the humanitarian code of conduct.
"Kill bomb mutilate torture whoever you like except for vermin Jew swine and we of the West, and we of the West will make sure nobody retaliates against you."
Syria has put that in the shade , the shade of the sword that you pass under to enter where ever it is that murdering Jew licking swine go when the shade of the sword passes.
Al-Sisi is the instrument of God.
Al-Sisi should designate land so the Copts can live free from the Islamic brutality, violence and oppression. The same for the Syrians. They must designate some autonomous lands for the Kurds so these people can educate their children far from Islamic hatred, bigotry and violence.

Since: Aug 09

Saint Louis, MO

#55 Aug 20, 2013
Syrian wrote:
The rebels need to go home.
Home is in helll for those rats.

Saint Louis, MO

#56 Aug 20, 2013
waleed sadat wrote:
<quoted text>
Al-Sisi should designate land so the Copts can live free from the Islamic brutality, violence and oppression. The same for the Syrians. They must designate some autonomous lands for the Kurds so these people can educate their children far from Islamic hatred, bigotry and violence.
That is ridiculous. Muslims and Christians have lived peacefully side by side for hundreds of years in Egypt. Nobody is going to allow rats like Morsi to change that.

Saint Louis, MO

#57 Aug 20, 2013
Syrian wrote:
<quoted text> Assad won't fall. Even if he left tomorrow, Russia, Iran and Hezbollah will still back the Syrian government 100% and obliterate this rebellion! When the those rebel fools joined up with AlQaeda, they sealed their own doom.
They sealed their own doom when they started to accept $150/month from the CIA and israel.

Saint Louis, MO

#58 Aug 20, 2013
Oliver Cromwell wrote:
I don't think it will be long before those Wahbi Savages move their blood soaked Road show to Egypt, in fact some of those bastards are Egyptian,that should be fun,i don't notice western Politicians calling for the overthrow of the Military regime in Egypt after the massacre of Brotherhood and others in the country,wonder where the something must be done brigade are?
Yeah. Where is Hitlery "no fly zone" KKKlinton when we want her? LOL!!!

Saint Louis, MO

#59 Aug 20, 2013
We a need a lesbian advising Obama these days. Where is she?

Saint Louis, MO

#60 Aug 20, 2013
military tactician wrote:
<quoted text>
Soon Israel can truly begin to emulate the 3rd Reich and begin its war on two fronts, Syria and Egypt.
That ought to be interesting.
military tactician wrote:
<quoted text>It can empower al Qaeda in the North and battle the Brotherhood in the South.
Actually, that's what the Saudis are doing right now. Maybe the time is ripe for the Saudis to include Israel on their maps? Maybe they can even merge. LOL
King Abdulla needs to change his name to King Solomon.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Airlines Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gay Dad Plans To Sue United Airlines After Bein... 19 hr Capt 1
Note to Muslims and Islam Thu OldCapt 19
News Australia rejected Qantas request for $2.7 B loan (Mar '14) Thu william Gregg 3
News Gay Couple and Their 3 Kids Denied 'Family Boar... Thu Gremlin 9
News Gay couple accuses SouthwestAirlines of discrim... May 23 Grant 1
Revoke Muslim Countries landing rights in Weste... May 23 Libs blood on han... 1
Virgin America Flight Attendants (Oct '16) May 20 Shut your Gob Bra... 4
More from around the web