Southwest to 'trim headcount' after g...

Southwest to 'trim headcount' after growth in costs

There are 2 comments on the Business Journal story from Oct 22, 2012, titled Southwest to 'trim headcount' after growth in costs. In it, Business Journal reports that:

The CEO of Southwest Airlines Co. , Gary Kelly , announced Friday the airline plans to cut about $100 million in expenses by "trimming our total headcount complement overall," as a result of higher fuel prices hampering the carrier's growth, the Tampa Bay Business Journal reports.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Business Journal.

blast off

Annapolis, MD

#1 Oct 22, 2012
Mr. Kelly and all the SW big wigs just gave themselves a ~ huge ~ raise....I guess all the cuts come from the workers not from him and his buddies up top.
bob

Plano, TX

#2 Oct 22, 2012
blast off wrote:
Mr. Kelly and all the SW big wigs just gave themselves a ~ huge ~ raise....I guess all the cuts come from the workers not from him and his buddies up top.
Of course the buck always stops at the bottom! just like Obama and his stimulus paackage.. remember the 786B bailout. Execs still got HUGE bonuses even after losing 60B dollars so SWA trimming the fat is no surprise....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Airlines Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News FAA orders fan blade inspections after jet engi... May 23 glasspilot 4
Spirit and Southwest merger? What are the chan... May 10 Prospective Pax 1
Hawaiian merger speculation MADNESS May 10 Merger Mania 3
RUMOR: Alaska getting rid of Hot Meals May 7 Cold War 1
Did Southwest inherit an Everglades Valuejet cu... May 6 Algae Tator 1
News United Apologizes After 'Concerning Incident' W... May 6 Algae Tator 5
News Louis Vuitton dog carrier stolen from Hawaiian ... May 1 chinaclipper1 1