Comair Flight Carrying 50 Crashes in ...

Comair Flight Carrying 50 Crashes in Ky.

There are 285 comments on the The Associated Press story from Aug 27, 2006, titled Comair Flight Carrying 50 Crashes in Ky. . In it, The Associated Press reports that:

A Comair flight carrying 50 people crashed a mile from Lexington's airport Sunday morning shortly after takeoff, the Federal Aviation Administration said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Associated Press.

inside

Cincinnati, OH

#21 Aug 27, 2006
frequent flyer wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a total douchebag if you think Delta has to take the rap for this tragedy. Comair has its own attendants, its own mechanics, its own pay scale. What is YOUR problem Moron???
Comair is owned by Delta. WHAT is YOUR problem?
Comair would not be in bankruptcy if it wasn't for Delta.
In-Flight

Indianapolis, IN

#22 Aug 27, 2006
The FAA needs to greatly improve runway taxi ways and create better runway formats.
Stacey

Shepherdsville, KY

#23 Aug 27, 2006
Brenda Lomax wrote:
MY HEART GOES OUT TO YHE FAMILIES OF THOSE WHO PERISHED IN THIS AWFUL CRASH.
WE NEED TO SEND OUR SYMPATHIES INSTEAD OF WHAT WE THINK!!
TO THE FAMILIES OF THE VICTIMS,YOU ARE IN MY PRAYERS AND I AM VERY,VERY SORRY!!!
Everyone needs to stop pointing the finger at everyone else and stop to actually think about what just happened. People's lives were lost. Take a minute and think about that. This just happened today. If you were the family member of one of the passengers you would not be pointing fingers right now. You would be mourning, as should all of you who have nothing better to do than bash everyone and everything you can think of. Take a minute and think about those people...
arkmitch

Chicago, IL

#24 Aug 28, 2006
First, let me say how extremely sorry I am to the families and friends who lost someone today. As I was watching this unfold today on my overnight, I wasn't thinking, "Delta should take the blame for this or ComAir is a crummy airline". I agree with Stacey, let's just offer our condolences. For the time being, let's put aside our differences, and my airline is better than your airline B.S. and just be mournful for your fellow industry mates and passengers.
Larry

United States

#25 Aug 28, 2006
I work for another regional and am so sorry for the victims and families of the crash at Lexington. We who work in aviation are one big family and during this time we must support Comair and their employees. All of us in the aviation community try our best everyday and it is a sad day when our brothers and sisters have a mishap occur. We must stand beside them and support them. My prayers go out to everyone involved with this accident. Please folks lets be compassionate during this difficult period.
In-Flight

Indianapolis, IN

#26 Aug 28, 2006
Stacey wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone needs to stop pointing the finger at everyone else and stop to actually think about what just happened. People's lives were lost. Take a minute and think about that. This just happened today. If you were the family member of one of the passengers you would not be pointing fingers right now. You would be mourning, as should all of you who have nothing better to do than bash everyone and everything you can think of. Take a minute and think about those people...
If you fly 28 days amonth, we need to fix the error, if we are to proceed in our aviation job. Families were lost. But do you get up every morning and reflect on the 44,000 families lost on U.S. highays each year?????! Aviation professionals learn from errors of others.
Killer

Finchville, KY

#27 Aug 28, 2006
were all going to die.
bubba

Finchville, KY

#28 Aug 28, 2006
oh shit your going to die.
Rudy

Trussville, AL

#29 Aug 28, 2006
Amen
Prospective Pax

AOL

#30 Aug 28, 2006
In-Flight wrote:
<quoted text>.... amonth, we need to fix the error, if we are to proceed in our aviation job. Families were lost.... Aviation professionals learn from errors of others.
Yes Inflight is correct. It is imperative we get to the bottom of this accident as quickly as possible for, 50 seat jets make up a substantial amount of our nations flying right now and

.....if something is flawed in regards to FAA egress summations of a certain class of airplane, this need to be taken care of asap before any possible incident turns into an accident.

At AA there was alot of concern among crewmembers flying the Fokker 100's not having sufficient exit egress in an emergency, due to lack of an aft airstair escape, or tailcone slide.

Investigation is very very important as you can see. And yes too, I am concerned about the loss of life, that is why we are trying so hard to rectify any shortcomings so this does not happen to others.
Rudy

Newnan, GA

#31 Aug 28, 2006
inside wrote:
<quoted text>
Comair is owned by Delta. WHAT is YOUR problem?
Comair would not be in bankruptcy if it wasn't for Delta.
Comair is operated by Comair, not Delta.
They more than likly would be in bankruptcy because thier costs are way out of line with the industry.
Prospective Pax

AOL

#32 Aug 28, 2006
Sorry... going to elevate the bashing Rudy in the memory of lives lost.
Prospective Pax

AOL

#33 Aug 28, 2006
Prospective Pax wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Inflight is correct. It is imperative we get to the bottom of this accident as quickly as possible for, 50 seat jets make up a substantial amount of our nations flying right now and
.....if something is flawed in regards to FAA egress summations of a certain class of airplane, this need to be taken care of asap before any possible incident turns into an accident.
At AA there was alot of concern among crewmembers flying the Fokker 100's not having sufficient exit egress in an emergency, due to lack of an aft airstair escape, or tailcone slide.
Investigation is very very important as you can see. And yes too, I am concerned about the loss of life, that is why we are trying so hard to rectify any shortcomings so this does not happen to others.
For true Airline Employees Safety Concerns for their passengers come first,

not the trials and tribulations of mundane airline executives trying to prosper off the industry by figuring out more and more creative ways of prosperousing and enriching their bonuses, and compensation packages at the expense of their employees, and the comfort of their passengers health and safety.
Laverne Johnson

United States

#34 Aug 28, 2006
I think poor communications and improper signs and marking caused the Airplane crash in Kentucky. If changes were made to the take off strips the Air traffic Controllers should have informed the Pilots. The takeoff strip should have been marked more clearly. This is clearly a case of human error. My heart felt prayers and sympathy goes out the victims and the lone survivor of this tragic event.
Fletcher

Atlanta, GA

#35 Aug 28, 2006
Fire the Delta Hypocrites wrote:
The true colors of Delta Air Lines will be shown in the unfolding of this accident. While Delta is quick to claim that it is Delta initiating new service that is actually ASA, Comair, or whomever, Delta has already made it clear to the press that it wasn't one of IT'S airplanes that crashed.
The Delta corporation can go down in flames (metaphorically) in my opinion. Either they should accept the Regional Partners as their own, for good or bad, or let them have the dignity of being the independent companies of honest, hardworking men and women that they are.
Aren't you silly and terribly sad to have made such irresponsible remarks. Check yourself befor you press ENTER
Fletcher

Atlanta, GA

#36 Aug 28, 2006
inside wrote:
<quoted text>Delta bought Comair and ran a great company into the ground. Delta has taken over $500 million from Comair, and now wants nothing to do with us.
Thats a lie. I am a DL Flt Att and have no beautiful feelings toward current mgmt but I keep the "truth" at the top....not buried as you have just done. You are a blatant liar using your lies to spread more angst.
Fletcher

Atlanta, GA

#37 Aug 28, 2006
frequent flyer wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a total douchebag if you think Delta has to take the rap for this tragedy. Comair has its own attendants, its own mechanics, its own pay scale. What is YOUR problem Moron???
This person is more than just a MORON...He/She is an insensitive itch.
Fletcher

Atlanta, GA

#38 Aug 28, 2006
Brenda Lomax wrote:
WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU CALLING PEOPLE MORON?49 PEOPLE HAVE LOST THEIR LIVES AND YOU ARE CALLING PEOPLE NAMES!DO YOU NOT HAVE COMPASSION FOR THE FAMILY OF THE VICTIMS?
DO WE HAVE TO RESORT TO NAME CALLING?
YOU NEED TO PRAY FOR THE FAMILIES AND BE A LITTLE NICER.
OK, you are an insensitive bully that needs to add angst where there is surely enough already
had enough

Maxton, NC

#39 Aug 28, 2006
Laverne Johnson wrote:
I think poor communications and improper signs and marking caused the Airplane crash in Kentucky. If changes were made to the take off strips the Air traffic Controllers should have informed the Pilots. The takeoff strip should have been marked more clearly. This is clearly a case of human error. My heart felt prayers and sympathy goes out the victims and the lone survivor of this tragic event.
You know this because you are part of the FAA investigation team?

I thought not-as it will take months for their findings. Please-it's a tradegy no BS here -the families of those who died will be looking for answers and the last thing they need are your words which ubfortunately some may take as fact.

It is not a take off strip it is a runway.
Fire the Delta Hypocrites

Lodi, CA

#40 Aug 28, 2006
Fletcher wrote:
<quoted text>
Aren't you silly and terribly sad to have made such irresponsible remarks. Check yourself befor you press ENTER
I'm neither silly nor irresponsible. They are my OPINIONS that may differ from yours. I composed my initial message exactly as I wished my viewpoint to be stated. While I believe you observe the world through "Delta-tinted glasses", I don't ridicule you personally, just your viewpoint.

Self: checked. Enter: pressed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Airlines Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jaime King Boycotts United Airlines following d... Fri Anonymous 4
News Delta discontinues service at Long Island MacAr... (Mar '08) Aug 16 Qfsaviation 10
News Singapore Airlines' latest safety video is the ... Aug 8 CaptJoe 1
ua flight 898 from houston to new orleans. anot... Jul 24 where r deez craz... 1
News Formerly all-Boeing Alaska Air to keep Airbus j... Jul 21 Snowball in hell 3
Delta and Ann Coulter Jul '17 Prospective Pax 3
Frontier's dart in the map strategy Jul '17 Prospective Pax 1
More from around the web