US Airways pilots approve merger-related agreement
US Airways pilots have overwhelmingly approved an agreement that would result in pay raises if their company merges with American Airlines.
Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS News.
Since: Apr 08
#1 Feb 8, 2013
No SH_T Sherlock!
The USAir pilots would have to be out of their mind to reject such a sweet proposal.
I have several questions about this whole deal that perplexes me.
1. How can the merged company throw all this money at the employees and expect to be profitable?
2. What happens to the AA aircraft orders, are they cancelled or revised to suit USAir?
3. Where exactly are the USAir Maintenance Bases? I read a merger related article comparing the two airlines and it said that USAir contracts their maintenance. What happens to the AA maintenance bases?
4. Where and when are the three airline groups, USAIR-America West-AA, going to smoke the Peace Pipe to make love and not war?
5. What flavor Kool-Aid are the AA unions drinking?
#2 Feb 8, 2013
1.) Bankruptcy #3or4 2)cancelled Boeing=Going,Going,Gone!3)Main tenance Bases will be CLOSED and all outsourced to cheapest bid 4) They will not, big layoffs ahead! 5)The Kool-Aid is formaldehyde. 6) Done Deal Big money made by investment groups and consulting firms not bad for them or the flying public!
#3 Feb 14, 2013
And Then There Were Three; Genesis.
All agreed, except tickets prices will be going up, and this serves the Public so deservingly. They cheered as there was consolidation, union busting, fare wars, lobster service for a Grey hound fare, etc,etc. I hope it gets real expensive.
The number three is a naturally a stable number in any industry after cut throat competition and consolidation.
SWA does not count because it is still a minor league player and will probably end up in consolidation itself now.
Add your comments below
|MCI Dilemma solved with MCO / TPA style termina...||17 hr||Kansas City||3|
|FAA scolds Allegiant for having to make emergen...||Apr 28||dick||3|
|Are There Any Other Airline Mergers on the Hori...||Apr 17||Power Ranger||1|
|Hawaiian Airlines; will probably become codesha...||Apr 17||Power Ranger||2|
|Republic Airways: A Look At The Delta Air Lines...||Apr 16||Ricerocket1||4|
|First US-built Airbus A321 to be delivered Apri...||Apr 11||Retired Pilot||2|
|Singapore Airlines could buy Virgin Australia t...||Apr 10||AA AS DL UA WN||1|
Find what you want!
Search Airlines Forum Now
Copyright © 2016 Topix LLC