American Airlines tells pilots to end disruptions

Sep 30, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: FOX 4 Now

American Airlines says if pilots don't end actions that are disrupting flights, it will take their union to court.

Comments
1 - 19 of 19 Comments Last updated Oct 4, 2012
Eastern SCAB pilot

Fall Creek, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Sep 30, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I'm waiting by my phone for the next class date as a senior captain on the B-777.

Hurry up boys, and quit, so I can fly for free.
A motel six hotel room and three meals a day is all I need to serve AA management!
AA MGT

Snellville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Oct 1, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Nobody cares what you say anymore.

Since: May 08

Santee CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Oct 1, 2012
 
Hey Pilots, read the WHOLE rule. Safety First.. AS LONG AS YOU DON'T IMPACT THE OPERATION. Also no more diversions for chest pains. You have sick day use them....... oh wait.. no don't
Passenger

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Oct 1, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

What recourse does the customers have? There are certain inportant events that passengers can't just be delayed to or a flight entirely cancel.
While AA management and pilots are in limbo, what do either parties have to tell their loyal customers who may not make a friends wedding, a graduation, a life changing meeting. Seriously. I mean do we just come to the airport and pray and hope that ou flights leve on time.
I would really like to make it to my beloveds friends wedding and be there for her as her brides maid.

Since: Apr 08

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Oct 1, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Passenger wrote:
What recourse does the customers have? There are certain inportant events that passengers can't just be delayed to or a flight entirely cancel.
While AA management and pilots are in limbo, what do either parties have to tell their loyal customers who may not make a friends wedding, a graduation, a life changing meeting. Seriously. I mean do we just come to the airport and pray and hope that ou flights leve on time.
I would really like to make it to my beloveds friends wedding and be there for her as her brides maid.

Passenger,
What nerve to expect to fly on AA and depart and arrive on time? Don't you realize that our cherished pilots are very disappointed with their contract proposal(s) and are holding you hostage until their demands are met.

If you do decide to fly on AA again bring along some pacifiers for the cockpit crew and maybe, just maybe, you'll takeoff and land ontime. Oh by the way, it appears that the other PROFESSIONAL labor groups forgot how to secure the seats. So check them out as well.

If this unacceptable labor malpractice continues I'm all for shutting down the airline and sending their sorry asses out on the street!

TOTALLY UNPROFESSIONAL

Since: May 08

Santee CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Oct 1, 2012
 
Passenger wrote:
What recourse does the customers have? There are certain inportant events that passengers can't just be delayed to or a flight entirely cancel.
While AA management and pilots are in limbo, what do either parties have to tell their loyal customers who may not make a friends wedding, a graduation, a life changing meeting. Seriously. I mean do we just come to the airport and pray and hope that ou flights leve on time.
I would really like to make it to my beloveds friends wedding and be there for her as her brides maid.
Let this serve as a lesson for all passengers. When an airline is embroiled in labor strife, book elsewhere, even if it costs a little more. How much is it worth to you to be at this event? How would you like to be the agents rebooking everyone, and being yelled at. Crew and Aircraft scheduling who are rerouting crews and planes because things aren't in place. Many times planes overnight in certain cities for a reason mechanically. Sometimes inspections are critical before another flight can be made. Yes is sucks, but there are alot more folks involved than just the paying passengers. The troubles at AA are finally coming home to roost. It is also worth noting according to USA Today AA has apologized to it's best customers... How do you think the frequent flier who missed that cutoff must feel?
Rocco

Palm Beach Gardens, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Oct 2, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

To Tulaaretired:
IF the flying public knew the facts: Pilots are flying "old" airplanes for 1996 wages! Deep pay cuts, no contract, lost pensions, flying in dangerous weather conditions and people like you who want their "sorry asses on the street" ! In that 1% of terror, I pray my pilot is highly compensated and "valued" for his/her skill needed at that moment. Obviously, your "sorry" ass is retired, probably with a comfortable pension---not so for the many pilots flying today---the greed of AMR management is nauseating!!!!
USAFinCO

Colorado Springs, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Oct 2, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Quote: "Let this serve as a lesson for all passengers. When an airline is embroiled in labor strife, book elsewhere, even if it costs a little more."

Like I had any clue when I bought my tickets in February that there would be labor issues in September. Bunch of selfish babies screwing themselves and their company with this crap.

Since: May 08

Santee CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Oct 2, 2012
 
USAFinCO wrote:
Quote: "Let this serve as a lesson for all passengers. When an airline is embroiled in labor strife, book elsewhere, even if it costs a little more."
Like I had any clue when I bought my tickets in February that there would be labor issues in September. Bunch of selfish babies screwing themselves and their company with this crap.
AA went BK in November. Sure a crystal ball may have made things easier. As you hear on AA, "We know you have a choice in air travel and we thank you......" You rolled the dice and lost.. I guess If I heard that Hilton Hotels had unhappy employees, and was operating under BK. I would look elsewhere. What if AA had decided to shut down like so many other small operators have done? Buyer beware
BoycottAA

Denton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Oct 2, 2012
 
Boycott AA simple done.

Since: Apr 08

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Oct 2, 2012
 
Rocco wrote:
To Tulaaretired:
IF the flying public knew the facts: Pilots are flying "old" airplanes for 1996 wages! Deep pay cuts, no contract, lost pensions, flying in dangerous weather conditions and people like you who want their "sorry asses on the street" ! In that 1% of terror, I pray my pilot is highly compensated and "valued" for his/her skill needed at that moment. Obviously, your "sorry" ass is retired, probably with a comfortable pension---not so for the many pilots flying today---the greed of AMR management is nauseating!!!!
Rocco,
The pilots are obviously insulting the intelligence of their customers and are trying to place the blame for the flight delays and cancellations elsewhere. Our frequent fliers are quite aware of the instantaneous rash of maintenance issues that suddenly materialized when the pilots were disappointed with the contract proposals presented to them by AMR.
Just to set the record straight, I didn’t retire with a comfortable pension. I would be one happy pig in sh_t if I received a small percentage of the pilot’s retirement. Regarding my ‘sorry’ ass, I worked above and beyond the requirements of my responsilities to ensure that my fellow employees, their families, and my customers always received the utmost service from me. Can you imagine that? And all this without a union to back me up if I didn’t like what I was required to do and the timeframe to get it done,‘correctly and professionally’, I should add.
No I didn’t fly a plane full of human beings which is one hell of a major responsibility, but a major screw up on my part would have brought the whole airline operations to rapid halt in a heartbeat. Our dependability numbers would have been dismal in comparison to what is going on now along with pissed off employees and customers.

Following is an airline Blog that you should read. Scroll down to the older posts around Sept.26 between Crandall and a pilot. I believe it’s on Page 4 of the blog. Also note the deterioration of dependability numbers that plummeted around the pilot rejection of the contract proposals. Numbers don’t lie…………..

http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/
Comair SCAB Pilot

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Oct 3, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Just lost my job...looking to SCAB at American. When are you boys going to strike? Please hurry up, I've got a mortgasge payment due soon.
Rocco

Palm Beach Gardens, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Oct 3, 2012
 
tulaaretired wrote:
<quoted text>
Rocco,
The pilots are obviously insulting the intelligence of their customers and are trying to place the blame for the flight delays and cancellations elsewhere. Our frequent fliers are quite aware of the instantaneous rash of maintenance issues that suddenly materialized when the pilots were disappointed with the contract proposals presented to them by AMR.
Just to set the record straight, I didn’t retire with a comfortable pension. I would be one happy pig in sh_t if I received a small percentage of the pilot’s retirement. Regarding my ‘sorry’ ass, I worked above and beyond the requirements of my responsilities to ensure that my fellow employees, their families, and my customers always received the utmost service from me. Can you imagine that? And all this without a union to back me up if I didn’t like what I was required to do and the timeframe to get it done,‘correctly and professionally’, I should add.
No I didn’t fly a plane full of human beings which is one hell of a major responsibility, but a major screw up on my part would have brought the whole airline operations to rapid halt in a heartbeat. Our dependability numbers would have been dismal in comparison to what is going on now along with pissed off employees and customers.
Following is an airline Blog that you should read. Scroll down to the older posts around Sept.26 between Crandall and a pilot. I believe it’s on Page 4 of the blog. Also note the deterioration of dependability numbers that plummeted around the pilot rejection of the contract proposals. Numbers don’t lie…………..
http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/
I won't read anything by Crandall. He called airline pilots a bunch of "crybabies" this goes to show the lack of "value" that management has for ALL labor. I would like to see Crandall call Captain Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger a "crybaby" to his face!!!! A miracle on the Hudson! Done with skill, and experience. Ask every passenger on that flight what their pilot is worth. Better yet, ask them if they think "Sully" is a crybaby! I highly doubt it!!!

Since: May 08

Santee CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Oct 3, 2012
 
Rocco wrote:
<quoted text>
I won't read anything by Crandall. He called airline pilots a bunch of "crybabies" this goes to show the lack of "value" that management has for ALL labor. I would like to see Crandall call Captain Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger a "crybaby" to his face!!!! A miracle on the Hudson! Done with skill, and experience. Ask every passenger on that flight what their pilot is worth. Better yet, ask them if they think "Sully" is a crybaby! I highly doubt it!!!
For what it's worth US Airways is lucky and every union pilot should worship the ground Sully walks on. He is the rally cry of the modern computer monitor. Yes the pilot is there for the same reason a flight attendant is, OUR SAFETY. Thier true skills not known until they are needed. That said I'm willing to bet you take any 10 pilots who are not VERY experienced glider pilots Sully is and the plane he landed becomes a cartwheeling death trap... Thank God that day is was Sully
Betsy

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Oct 4, 2012
 
Comair SCAB Pilot wrote:
Just lost my job...looking to SCAB at American. When are you boys going to strike? Please hurry up, I've got a mortgasge payment due soon.
Easy there SCAB boy. Dont quit your day job.
Take a Zanax and sit tight
Betsy

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Oct 4, 2012
 
Rocco wrote:
<quoted text>
I won't read anything by Crandall. He called airline pilots a bunch of "crybabies" this goes to show the lack of "value" that management has for ALL labor. I would like to see Crandall call Captain Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger a "crybaby" to his face!!!! A miracle on the Hudson! Done with skill, and experience. Ask every passenger on that flight what their pilot is worth. Better yet, ask them if they think "Sully" is a crybaby! I highly doubt it!!!
Well in case you dont know, the pension is gone. So the percentage that you would be happy to take is "zero".

Wow, you can shut the entire operation down... no kidding.

Do ya think that is different than hundreds of peoples lives.

What are you smoking you arrogant jack.%#@
Betsy

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Oct 4, 2012
 
Rocco wrote:
<quoted text>
I won't read anything by Crandall. He called airline pilots a bunch of "crybabies" this goes to show the lack of "value" that management has for ALL labor. I would like to see Crandall call Captain Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger a "crybaby" to his face!!!! A miracle on the Hudson! Done with skill, and experience. Ask every passenger on that flight what their pilot is worth. Better yet, ask them if they think "Sully" is a crybaby! I highly doubt it!!!
Fu#%*k Crandall and anyone who supports him
Betsy

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Oct 4, 2012
 
Rocco wrote:
To Tulaaretired:
IF the flying public knew the facts: Pilots are flying "old" airplanes for 1996 wages! Deep pay cuts, no contract, lost pensions, flying in dangerous weather conditions and people like you who want their "sorry asses on the street" ! In that 1% of terror, I pray my pilot is highly compensated and "valued" for his/her skill needed at that moment. Obviously, your "sorry" ass is retired, probably with a comfortable pension---not so for the many pilots flying today---the greed of AMR management is nauseating!!!!
Rocco,

Amen, someone who gets it. Sorry if any previous posts were not directed correctly.( Computer issues).

The general public is soooo misinformed regarding the profession and the day to day job of a pilot. When their sorry ass is saved, then they might quite bashing the pilots and claiming they are sabotaging the airline.
Betsy

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Oct 4, 2012
 
tulaaretired wrote:
<quoted text>
Passenger,
What nerve to expect to fly on AA and depart and arrive on time? Don't you realize that our cherished pilots are very disappointed with their contract proposal(s) and are holding you hostage until their demands are met.
If you do decide to fly on AA again bring along some pacifiers for the cockpit crew and maybe, just maybe, you'll takeoff and land ontime. Oh by the way, it appears that the other PROFESSIONAL labor groups forgot how to secure the seats. So check them out as well.
If this unacceptable labor malpractice continues I'm all for shutting down the airline and sending their sorry asses out on the street!
TOTALLY UNPROFESSIONAL
You have obviously drank too much Kool-aid.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

19 Users are viewing the Airlines Forum right now

Search the Airlines Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
United Airlines to cut 1,300 Houston jobs (Jun '12) Sun OldCapt 17
United Airlines intros new safety video: Is it ... Sun OldCapt 2
Northwest Flight Attendants Reject Cuts (Jun '06) Aug 14 Brown Sugar 38,762
Delta's 717s Recaro seats from AirTran (May '12) Aug 9 Mick Russom 9
At Northwest Airlines: Meet the new boss (Oct '08) Aug 6 Really 18
Family Booted Off Southwest Airlines After Dad ... Aug 5 Angry White Unite... 2
Crew too drunk for flight Aug 3 OldCapt 8
•••
•••