Letters - Editorials

Letters - Editorials

There are 69 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Sep 26, 2008, titled Letters - Editorials. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

Regarding "Local AIG doing all it can for its customers" : It is high time more respect is paid to various aspects of Hawaiian culture, and especially from those who call themselves local.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
informed

Pomerene, AZ

#64 Sep 28, 2008
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
I finally looked at a write someone posted on CRA. Anything in particular that's an issue?
No, just trying to put info out there instead of the usual drum banging blamers. There is more than enough blame to go around and I get sick and tired of people just parroting what they hear instead of looking into the real problem to get a real solution.
Zoomer32

Ewa Beach, HI

#65 Sep 28, 2008
Kimo wrote:
"You better check the comment again, because you misquote me. I said only people with OCD believe in curses."
optical character definition?
Over The Counter Drugs?
It ain't rocks that "curse". It's da mana. and much more.
"non-authentic superstitions"
LOOOVE that term.
OCD is a scientific term used to describe people living with obsessive, compulsive disorder. But I guess if you are educated, you would know that, just like people making up superstitions that did not exist in ancient times. Believe me, because not only am I a REAL HAWAIIAN (rather than a fake one going by a non-authentic Hawaiian name) who is fluent in the language and knows his history. And all the mind games in the world won't scare me.
Kimo

Honolulu, HI

#66 Sep 28, 2008
I don't believe you.
alice

Honolulu, HI

#67 Sep 28, 2008
mufi has a lot to hide...believe it.
Roland Van Owen

Kaneohe, HI

#68 Sep 28, 2008
I believe I will have another beer
Kimo

Honolulu, HI

#69 Sep 28, 2008
A man's got to believe in something.
malice

Honolulu, HI

#70 Sep 28, 2008
alice wrote:
true, China and japn own America. Americans don't even realize how impotent and laughable they are now. Pitiful.
Why do you refer to Americans as "they?" Aren't you one?
Zoomer32

Ewa Beach, HI

#71 Sep 28, 2008
It's okay Kimo. Your intentions were noble -- thank you for sticking up for Hawaiian traditions. Your respect is much appreciated. Aloha
Kanaka Maoli

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#72 Jul 28, 2013
Choose this day wrote:
THOU SHALT WORSHIP THE LORD, AND HIM ONLY SHALT THOU SERVE...
You shouldn't joke about local beliefs
Regarding "Local AIG doing all it can for its customers" (Letters, Sept. 25): It is high time more respect is paid to various aspects of Hawaiian culture, and especially from those who call themselves local.
Robin K. Campaniano of AIG Hawaii shows to us what he thinks of the host culture by relegating Pele and her home to low-level mainland superstition. I quote: "We'll be careful not to step on any cracks, break any mirrors and avoid stepping under ladders. We'll also tell our corporate office to return those lava rocks." Of course as a reply to this, we might hear the same excuses for this all-too-common ethnocentric disrespect and ignorance: "No disrespect intended. I was just joking. Lighten up." We hear this too often when blatant disrespect is conveyed.
You can bet I won't support AIG anytime soon.
Allen "Kimo" St. James
You are an shameless fraud!...stop pretending to be a native Hawaiian when you are really just a haole.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Airlines Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Emotional support dog bites child on Southwest ... Fri CaptJoe767 1
Spirit Airlines has Hamster Murdered Fri CaptJoe767 4
News Police: Tucson man arrested after shoving fligh... Feb 20 Zero Sum 5
News Northwest Flight Attendants Reject Cuts (Jun '06) Feb 20 Brown Sugar 38,807
News Time to Buy This Fast-Growing Airline? Feb 19 Av8r 1
Boeing acknowledges MOM growing too big! Feb 11 Prospective Pax 8
Lefties sure are silent about Trump Tax Bonus a... Feb 7 Right is Left wrong 3
More from around the web