AA DL UA to continue allow Republic /...

AA DL UA to continue allow Republic / SkyWest feed OneWorld, SkyTeam, Star

Created by SCOPE clause on Jan 3, 2014

4 votes

Click on an option to vote

YES - until the economy goes further South

WN could be feeding all 3 alliances soon!

NO - AA DL UA will force them to choose a partner

Collusion, government will be involved soon

Republic Airways Holdings 2merge with SkyWest Inc.

AA DL US will soon realize loss of revenues!

SCOPE clause

United States

#1 Jan 3, 2014
AA DL UA are limited be SCOPE clauses as to the size of aircraft their regional partners may fly.

What would prevent Southwest from Code sharing with American, Delta, or United to feed their international OneWorld, SkyTeam, and Star Alliance routes which Southwest cannot fly because the only have 737s.

Could SkyWest Inc., or Republic Airways Holdings buy 737s someday and paint them in their own colors and code share with AA DL and US. There are some precedents here in the USA already I can think of that do just such a thing already!
AA DL UA WN

United States

#2 Jan 3, 2014
SCOPE clause wrote:
AA DL UA are limited be SCOPE clauses as to the size of aircraft their regional partners may fly.
What would prevent Southwest from Code sharing with American, Delta, or United to feed their international OneWorld, SkyTeam, and Star Alliance routes which Southwest cannot fly because they only have 737s.
Could SkyWest Inc., or Republic Airways Holdings buy 737s someday and paint them in their own colors and code share with AA DL and US. There are some precedents here in the USA already I can think of that do just such a thing already!
I have often wondered if this might be one way for JetBlue to quickly expand nationwide, simply by purchasing SkyWest Inc. replacing the SkyWest Inc. Connection, Express, and now Eagle Regional Jets,

with JetBlue's very own Mainline Embraer E190's branded in JetBlues colors and just codesharing with AA DL UA, instead of regionally feedng them as SkyWest Inc. does.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Airlines Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Unpredictable Turbulence Projections May 22 OdCapt 5
Comair - the 1st large all Regional Jet Airline... May 19 Comair RJ 5
News 'I have people's blood on my feet': Severe turb... May 6 Three Days 1
News Republic Airways: A Look At The Delta Air Lines... May 3 Ur Btch 6
MCI Dilemma solved with MCO / TPA style termina... Apr 30 Kansas City 3
News FAA scolds Allegiant for having to make emergen... Apr 28 dick 3
News Are There Any Other Airline Mergers on the Hori... Apr '16 Power Ranger 1
More from around the web