Delta Names Gil West Executive Vice P...

Delta Names Gil West Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer

There are 20 comments on the Travel Industry Wire story from Feb 10, 2014, titled Delta Names Gil West Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer. In it, Travel Industry Wire reports that:

Delta Air Lines' Board of Directors Friday approved the appointment of Wayne Gilbert 'Gil' West to executive vice president and chief operating officer effective March 1, 2014.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Travel Industry Wire.

not a fine wine

Duluth, MN

#1 Feb 11, 2014
LMAO
Old nwa guy

Naples, FL

#2 Feb 14, 2014
I cant believe that the two old malcontents Wino and Spade are still bitter towards Delta. Isn't it about time for you to get a life and stop bitching about something that was entirely your doing. It is time to realize that NW/DL is doing just fine without you and the rest of the malcontents
not a fine wine

Duluth, MN

#3 Feb 14, 2014
Old nwa guy wrote:
I cant believe that the two old malcontents Wino and Spade are still bitter towards Delta. Isn't it about time for you to get a life and stop bitching about something that was entirely your doing. It is time to realize that NW/DL is doing just fine without you and the rest of the malcontents
Good to hear from you! And no... it will never be time to forget what the checchi, wilson and merry little minions did to northwest.
So what took so long to get back on ? Did you walk out or were you locked out? LOL
Spade a Spade

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Feb 15, 2014
Old nwa guy wrote:
The 700 in DTW!! Doing just fine?
..This scenario by the same people running it has been played before.
Toad

Atlanta, GA

#5 Feb 16, 2014
Spade a Spade wrote:
<quoted text> The 700 in DTW!! Doing just fine?
..This scenario by the same people running it has been played before.
Hint.........record profits, soaring morale, industry leading pay/benefits..........just gotta hate that Delta can't be more like CAL/UAL, AA/HP/USAir..........I mean what we need is a huge labor dispute, employee against employee against Mgmt. We don't need to strive to be #1, we need to be like the NWA folks that walked off the job and still hate a Corp that doesn't exist because of their own actions.
Spade a Spade

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Feb 16, 2014
Toad wrote:
<quoted text>
Hint.........record profits, soaring morale, industry leading pay/benefits..........just gotta hate that Delta can't be more like CAL/UAL, AA/HP/USAir..........I mean what we need is a huge labor dispute, employee against employee against Mgmt. We don't need to strive to be #1, we need to be like the NWA folks that walked off the job and still hate a Corp that doesn't exist because of their own actions.
Hint..... 700 of those happy people I bet are really happy that Dick is moving them out of their jobs. Hint...... you haven't seen how Dick works, is this the start of reducing the rest of the happy people! Ithought that Delta doesn't layoff? Oh sorry that was the old Delta management..

..Walmart is number 1 and Target is number 2..Target is smart and admits they don't want to be number one for the simple reason that the focus by the media is attacking number 1 for anything..Delter isn't that smart..
Old NWA Guy

Naples, FL

#7 Feb 17, 2014
Spade were you involved with the UAW unionization attempt at VW? It looked like you might have been in charge. What DTW700 are you mumbling about?
Spade a Spade

Saint Paul, MN

#8 Feb 17, 2014
Old NWA Guy wrote:
Spade were you involved with the UAW unionization attempt at VW? It looked like you might have been in charge. What DTW700 are you mumbling about?
Tsk tsk! SHOCK! Say it ain't so! Dick did something without your approval and knowing!
old NWA Guy

Naples, FL

#9 Feb 18, 2014
Spade a Spade wrote:
<quoted text> Tsk tsk! SHOCK! Say it ain't so! Dick did something without your approval and knowing!
Yep RA didn't check with me on it. But am I right about the UAW checking with you the union expert. You must have shown them how to fail in a union organizing vote
Spade a Spade

Saint Paul, MN

#10 Feb 18, 2014
old NWA Guy wrote:
<quoted text> Yep RA didn't check with me on it. But am I right about the UAW checking with you the union expert. You must have shown them how to fail in a union organizing vote
You right? Your joking..As usual Swing and a miss by Dick's buddy ong..
not a fine wine

Duluth, MN

#11 Feb 18, 2014
Toad wrote:
<quoted text>
Slow down a bit Toad. You are up now, but it could end tomorrow. Delta is looking good, but so did nwa for seven years of top on time performance. You are along for the ride, dickey steers the ship. AA has a real good chance at upsetting your wonder years. Labor disputes.... labor doesn't call the shots, management does. If there is a dispute... it's because of something management did. At nwa they pitted every labor group against the next by giving them solo goal to meet, even if their goals caused the others to fail. It was not a company of all for one & one for all. The employees were goal driven to protect there turf above all else. I know you will disagree, but the mechanics were the first group to say... enough! At that point nwa management had to squash the rebels before it spread. I'd say they did a pretty good job!
not a fine wine

Duluth, MN

#12 Feb 18, 2014
Spade a Spade wrote:
<quoted text>
Hint..... 700 of those happy people I bet are really happy that Dick is moving them out of their jobs. Hint...... you haven't seen how Dick works, is this the start of reducing the rest of the happy people! Ithought that Delta doesn't layoff? Oh sorry that was the old Delta management..
..Walmart is number 1 and Target is number 2..Target is smart and admits they don't want to be number one for the simple reason that the focus by the media is attacking number 1 for anything..Delter isn't that smart..
you haven't seen how Dick works

Only the good side. But just wait, ain't seen nothing yet. They're into tickle down airline profits . One slip and it's all over.
not a fine wine

Duluth, MN

#13 Feb 18, 2014
Old NWA Guy wrote:
And where did that vote take place? What state was it ? Walk tall and carry a big stick. They didn't want to become like Detroit. Have you ever been to Memphis?
More DL layoffs

San Antonio, TX

#15 Feb 19, 2014
Isn't Northwest gone? Obviously for NW to not be around there were substantial failures in upper level management.
not a fine wine

Duluth, MN

#16 Feb 19, 2014
More DL layoffs wrote:
Isn't Northwest gone? Obviously for NW to not be around there were substantial failures in upper level management.
Agree. Funny how most can be so blind. The employees are just that... Employees. When they are no longer needed or no longer affordable, it has to be something management is doing different. That by no means, means management knows what they're doing. The end result's of nwa explains the lacking within nwa management. Maybe, just maybe... Delta will survive because of their nwa failings!!
not a fine wine

Duluth, MN

#17 Feb 19, 2014
substantial

Is a rather weak word to describe what happened to Northwest Orient Airlines. Leverage Buy Out... Al Checchi, Gary Wilson, and Merger Accusation A$$holes is more the truth. These guys are the lower tear of the crooks running our elected no bubby's. They are the ramp rats of the elite money men who continually put them in their place. They are the soldiers of the men they hope too be. They rub shoulders, They hang out at the same Country Clubs. They buy the big guy drinks, show off, and think they are one of the in crowd. But unbeknownst to them, they are nothing more than and expensive tool soon to be farmed out. What's good for the Goose is now good for the Gander. And it's past time for these A- hole too learn what bizarre really means!
Toad

Atlanta, GA

#18 Feb 19, 2014
Spade a Spade wrote:
<quoted text>
DAL is the only Legacy carrier that hasn't laid anyone off. If you start a creer in aviation one of the 1st things you learn is that your station can change #'s @ the drop of a pin for profit reasons. Ols school guys like you think that the station stays the same even if it doesn't produce profit. If you can't relocate/commute, don't apply w/ ANY transportation Corp. I HAVE seen how Mr Anderson works. Being seeing it for quit a while. Longer than you ever did. Guys like you just can't admit you were wrong. Whats up w/ all those dire predictions you made. DAL a 10 dollar stock @ best? Really.
Toad

Atlanta, GA

#19 Feb 19, 2014
not a fine wine wrote:
<quoted text> Slow down a bit Toad. You are up now, but it could end tomorrow. Delta is looking good, but so did nwa for seven years of top on time performance. You are along for the ride, dickey steers the ship. AA has a real good chance at upsetting your wonder years. Labor disputes.... labor doesn't call the shots, management does. If there is a dispute... it's because of something management did. At nwa they pitted every labor group against the next by giving them solo goal to meet, even if their goals caused the others to fail. It was not a company of all for one & one for all. The employees were goal driven to protect there turf above all else. I know you will disagree, but the mechanics were the first group to say... enough! At that point nwa management had to squash the rebels before it spread. I'd say they did a pretty good job!
Every dog has their day. I have never ever professed that DAL would stay @ the top forever. Transport industry/retail/banking, none of them stay @ the top. Our positioning is grand. AA will give us a run for our money, lottsa labor problems. HP/USair in their 6th yr flying apart. CAL/UAL ain't doing much better. At least give us our day. We earned it.
Spade a Spade

Saint Paul, MN

#20 Feb 20, 2014
Toad wrote:
<quoted text>
DAL is the only Legacy carrier that hasn't laid anyone off. If you start a creer in aviation one of the 1st things you learn is that your station can change #'s @ the drop of a pin for profit reasons. Ols school guys like you think that the station stays the same even if it doesn't produce profit. If you can't relocate/commute, don't apply w/ ANY transportation Corp. I HAVE seen how Mr Anderson works. Being seeing it for quit a while. Longer than you ever did. Guys like you just can't admit you were wrong. Whats up w/ all those dire predictions you made. DAL a 10 dollar stock @ best? Really.

The times are a changin! Or Dick as he is best known...http://www.bizjournals .com/cincinnati/morning_call/2 014/02/delta-to-lay-off-more-t han-700-employees.html
not a fine wine

Duluth, MN

#21 Feb 20, 2014
Toad wrote:
<quoted text>
Every dog has their day. I have never ever professed that DAL would stay @ the top forever. Transport industry/retail/banking, none of them stay @ the top. Our positioning is grand. AA will give us a run for our money, lottsa labor problems. HP/USair in their 6th yr flying apart. CAL/UAL ain't doing much better. At least give us our day. We earned it.
That I will do. Yes you the employees have earned it. You are doing a great job, and I am glad to see some of the money coming your way. But as much as you don't like it... I will never give the exnwa exec team... your team now... a pass for what they purposefully did to
Northwest. It was never a union thing... it was a gutting of a company full of assets ripe for pocketing. They will always be A Holes in my book. I hope you make it out without having to deal with the BS they out us all through. Just like you with Delta... Northwest was my airline. And it was a good airline right you to the leveraged buy out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Airlines Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Delta crew accused of mistaking passenger for t... Dec 2 Standup 2
Just came across this awesomely cute “talking t... Nov 30 Randy Seastate 1
Boeing acknowledges MOM growing too big! Nov 16 Prospective Pax 2
News How a "booby trapped" audition handed Jason Mom... Nov 16 chinaclipper1 1
Is Boeing going to price NEW 767s at A321 NEO ... Nov '17 Boeing A310 2
News Police: Tucson man arrested after shoving fligh... Oct '17 Hello 4
News Lesbian couple sues airline, claiming discrimin... Oct '17 Chevyman 2
More from around the web