American Airlines Again Defends CEO's...

American Airlines Again Defends CEO's $20 Million Golden Parachute

There are 6 comments on the Skift story from Aug 9, 2013, titled American Airlines Again Defends CEO's $20 Million Golden Parachute. In it, Skift reports that:

American Airlines Chairman, President and CEO Tom Horton announces the planned merger of AMR Corp, the parent of American Airlines, with U.S. Airways at Dallas-Ft Worth International Airport, February 14, 2013.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Skift.

Since: May 08

Santee CA

#1 Aug 9, 2013
AA's PR department has been defending excessive bonuses for so long it's just habit. That is part of the reason AA went BK in the first place.. Creditors overwhelming approved the deal... They also objected to the bonus part. It's like congress passing a bill that insures every American that wants it will have a job that pays a living wage and has full benefits. Then the attach a rider doubling their pay. I'm willing to bet if there was an ability to accept and approve the exit plan with a line item veto system that bonus would be gone.
It is indefensible

United States

#2 Aug 9, 2013
It is indefensible, does one need to say more.

Any creditor or stockholder who has lost out with AMR due to its poor management excess, and public relations manipulation of facts should be outraged.

2 million is 2 million too much for Tom Horton's golden parachute. So many others only got the door or worthless paper with the worthless AMR logo.

Good riddance AMR. Perhaps, a Executive perk showplace townhome in fashionable parts of London were all the parachute perks of this positon that one needs to be reminded Horton and his ilk were able to partake in unbeknowst to so many shareholders and employees at AMR.

Talk about E X C E S S !
Oh know NO bonus for Tim

United States

#4 Aug 13, 2013
NOT quite,

The denial of the US AA merger is just a typical

O B A M A department shake down of US and AA. Some D e m o c r a t s just want flight benefits, campaign contributions, perks, etc before they approve the merger and 20 million dollar bonus of Tim.

It is all political Tim will get his bonus, he just has to give a bigger part of his bonus to the Democrat S H A K E - D O W N, the knew and current form of bribery our government uses.
Oh know NO bonus for Tim

United States

#5 Aug 13, 2013
Also the knowledge of it most likely being approved or most likely not being approved in the future is common knowledge of friends of the admnistration, so they can play the stock market on the rise and fall of certain airline stocks so the inside "friends" of O B A M A can make a profit from their investments here.

It is fixed and the outcome is know, now it is just a matter of time so

i n s i d e r - t r a d e r s can reap a profit.

This government we have is the most immoral most corrupt we have ever had in history.

Since: May 08

Santee CA

#6 Aug 13, 2013
Time for AA to se some of Toms bonus money to buy that DC magic
Eaglets are US

United States

#7 Aug 14, 2013
Well this failed merger is the best news for American Eagle I have heard in a long time!

More time for those here to jump ship!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Airlines Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Weird 34 mins ago 1:10 p.m.Man strips, drives p... Fri Christsharians on... 7
Why did Muslim people Aug 18 OldCapt 2
News Delta Air Lines flights resumed after 'system-w... Aug 10 Blink 3
Stock indexes listless, remain close to record ... Jul '16 Collins 1
U.S. Stocks Retreat From All-Time Highs Amid Ea... Jul '16 Collins 1
Southwest shares fall after airline cites weak ... Jul '16 Collins 1
News United Fined as 'Chairman's Flight' Snags Allie... Jul '16 louie H 1
More from around the web