Frontier adds carry-on fee for some passengers

May 1, 2013 Full story: WHIO

Frontier Airlines plans to start charging up to $100 for a carry-on bag and $2 for coffee or soda, although its announcement on Wednesday did say that passengers will get to keep the whole can.

Full Story
steve

Christiansburg, VA

#1 May 2, 2013
Does not look good for frontier.Starting to nickel and dime customers is bad customer relations. They will lose some passengers to other carriers that do not impose such fees.
rustykid

Lake Ozark, MO

#2 May 3, 2013
Their e-mail implies it has become "incresingly difficult" to find overhead space so our customers are asking to be charged. The fact is they want the MONEY. The solution is to alow free overhead but should the overhead be full a passenger would have to check their bag for a charge. This may force a passenger who doesn't want to gamble to check their bag. I have always liked flying with Frontier but they are becoming like the other guys.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Airlines Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mainline Carrier whichl gets EMB 170/175/190/19... (Jan '11) 23 hr Asset Allocation 3
WestJet flight attendants vote to reject tentat... Mon trolley dolly 2
Hawaii says yes to biofuel refinery (Apr '12) Sun MOMIN ANSARI 8
Woman Sues Over Having To Buy 2 Plane Seats (Feb '06) Nov 23 AAMech 309
JetBlue to charge some fliers for luggage, cut ... Nov 22 Ramprat 1
Southwest pilots union files for federal mediation Nov 20 RampLizard 1
Fuel efficient Boeing lost the Delta Widebody p... Nov 19 Merger Mania 0

Airlines People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE