#1 Jun 30, 2014
Noticed the new owners of Xtra Airways have decided to hire and contract Vision Airlines to do new Virtual Airline flights similar to the old Virtual Airline called,
D i r e c t A i r
This time the new Virtual Airline is called ~~something ~~Express.
1) are the new owners of Xtra Airways looking to buy Vision Airlines?
2) will the new virtual "Express" airline leave passengers with worthless tickets like Direct Air did?
3) Are the new owners of Extra Airways, just using Vision Airlines so it does not drag down Xtra Airways should the new "Express" virtual airline fail?
4) Does anyone recall what the new name of the
~~something~~ Express virtual airline is?
5) Why would Xtra Airways want to even mess with a repeat of unpaid bills, and FAA fines after the hassle they were wrapped up in with Direct Air?
6) Are the new owners of Xtra Airways scrupulous or unscrupulous like those at Direct Air?
7) Will this association hurt Vision Airlines?
#2 Jun 30, 2014
Last I recall this new virtual airline, brand was called
But my memory fails me, and the new company that bought Xtra Airways was Pepble Corporation
#3 Jun 30, 2014
1) there were no new owners of Xtra Airways, Pepble Corporation as you called it, did not follow through.
2) much like Direct Air, "pep express" as you called it could leave people stranded with worthless tickets.
3) repeating no new owners of Xtra Airways. Vision, Xtray, and "Pepble Corporation" are all separate companies, i have heard of NO merger rumors.
4) Pep Express is actually the virtual airline PEOPLExpress
5) Xtra Airways managed to steer clear of Direct Air's clone PEOPLExpress
6) i do not know if the "Pepble Corporations" owners that are, selling tickets as PEOPLExpress are above board and ethical.
I do know they are still leasing Vision Airlines planes to d/b/a PEOPLExpress. The crews are Vision Airlines too as is the FAA operating certificate.
7) Visions Airlines association is with People Express is a gamble like all business is. It may hurt them or it may lead to great profit for Vision.
Other virtual airline brands are long gone... think for Example Pan Am Express who used many different airlines such as Emerald, Presidential, and Republic to carrier the marketing of Pan Am. This did not work well for Pan Am.
However: for the others like the virtual airlines:
these AA DL UA virtual airline banner carriers have helped these and many contracted regional airlines to thrive. Far many more virtual airline banner carriers and airlines have failed though.
PEOPLExpress in my recollection was never a worthwhile product, and was disparagingly called cattle express, because passengers were treated like animals rather than refined guests. They were a low cost, no frills, discount airline, when the fee for everything airline idea first came around in the 80s. Maybe this time by blaming Vision Airlines or others for service failures they PEOPLExpress will be able to squeak by!
#4 Jul 3, 2014
So what is the status of the new Eastern Airlines?
Will they be an airline with an operating certificate? Or will they put lipstick on a pig and call it an elephant Like Peoplexpress?
Add your comments below
|Alaska Airlines announces eight non-stop routes...||Tue||Suck Squeeze Bang...||1|
|Rival airlines to fight Wright deal (Jun '06)||Tue||FARTING ALOT||5|
|Capacity Restraint AA UA WN?||Jan 14||Observationist||2|
|Woman Accuses United Airlines of Giving Away He...||Jan 13||yidfellas rule||13|
|Is the "New Eastern" just a merger hedge tool? (May '09)||Jan 13||indict AIPAC||7|
|Delta crew accused of mistaking passenger for t...||Jan 13||grumman plume||5|
|Boeing caught with Pants Down (C Series Airbus)...||Jan 11||Mosaic sinkholes||2|
Find what you want!
Search Airlines Forum Now
Copyright © 2018 Topix LLC