Congressman calls for federal investigation on Delta Airlines in Memphis

Dec 4, 2012 Full story: WLOX-TV Biloxi 132

Memphis Congressman Steve Cohen is calling for a federal investigation into unfair practices by Delta Airlines in Memphis - as an edgy ad campaign hits the Internet.

Full Story
Toad

New York, NY

#21 Dec 18, 2012
Spade a Spade wrote:
<quoted text>
Conspiracy Nut? That's good that you would call most aviation maintenance safety experts that. You act like there is only a couple people saying this but its more the majority of maint experts who are saying things about the problems. I have seen and worked on acft torn completely apart on many occasions and have seen first hand the problems. How about you?..Oh thats right you see the fluff in the cabin. Believe it or not I want Delta to succeed just for the pure point of you getting out of bed and working to help pay my pension. I do not want any accidents only safe acft and keeping silent and ignoring the issues of poor maintenance is not right.
I didn't call the majority of anyone nuts cause you conspiracy nuts are a very small small group. Ur scare tactics are old and funny. AL safety is at an historical all time high. Guess you think the Pilots are pretty stupid also but that makes you even more impotent. Yep, impotent. The only reason you want DL to make it sounds like u r about the most miserable mal-content posting. Couldn't eber get over the purge. w're still glad we dumped you.
Spade a Spade

Saint Paul, MN

#22 Dec 18, 2012
Toad wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't call the majority of anyone nuts cause you conspiracy nuts are a very small small group. Ur scare tactics are old and funny. AL safety is at an historical all time high. Guess you think the Pilots are pretty stupid also but that makes you even more impotent. Yep, impotent. The only reason you want DL to make it sounds like u r about the most miserable mal-content posting. Couldn't eber get over the purge. w're still glad we dumped you.
For being the content and happy stewardess you claim you are, there is a bunch of hostility and denial..I believe you probably need to get laid to release all that built up anger.
Toad

New York, NY

#23 Dec 18, 2012
Spade a Spade wrote:
<quoted text> For being the content and happy stewardess you claim you are, there is a bunch of hostility and denial..I believe you probably need to get laid to release all that built up anger.
Calling me pent up when u post on a public forum that the AL I fly for is unsafe cause you guys are gone? LOL. Nice try. The 'getting laid' part is you having too many drinx. Slow down
not a fine wine

Duluth, MN

#24 Dec 19, 2012
Slow down.

That go's well with the conversation.

And as for the safest time in AL history... well... you're riding on a borrowed safety record. You can make any claims you'd like. But... the view from your end of the business doesn't tell the inside story, about what has happened to business of maintaining aircraft. Once about a time, the mechanics worked for the AL. Their pay was tied to the airlines over all performance. NOW it's tied to the amount of work agreed to, and the number of days to get it done. And on top of that... the price agreed to on that contract. The reputation of the airline is their's and their's alone. Everyone working on it only care's about completing the job, and not sticking their neck out to do so. Big deference! from having your name tied to the guy who sign's your check! Now the game is about completing, and making the customer happy. Got go,,, I'll answer your rants later. Have good Christmas!!
OLD NWA Guy

Naples, FL

#25 Dec 19, 2012
not a fine wine wrote:
<quoted text>You may think so. But looking at it from my end, maintenance,everything I predicted is right on track for a very bad ending. The kids in the business today don't do what is right... they do what they are told.
What did you predict would happen to DL maintenance that has happened?I won't even ask about other departments at
Delta since that would put you in filibuster mode
Toad

New York, NY

#26 Dec 19, 2012
OLD NWA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
What did you predict would happen to DL maintenance that has happened?I won't even ask about other departments at
Delta since that would put you in filibuster mode
Once again........nothing any of the mal-contenents predicted. As far as we content folks, everything we worked for is becoming a reality far beyond our expectations. Our merger was smoother then any other. W/in the 1st 2 1/4's we started posting profits. Our alliance w/ AF/KLM is the envy of the industry. I could go on. Now the map-contents will say I'm being defensive and use vulgar thoughts about personal life, which is exactly why we are glad they are gone and their way of doing things is gone as well. Borrowed time? Conspiracy nuts.
Spade a Spade

Saint Paul, MN

#27 Dec 19, 2012
Toad wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again........nothing any of the mal-contenents predicted. As far as we content folks, everything we worked for is becoming a reality far beyond our expectations. Our merger was smoother then any other. W/in the 1st 2 1/4's we started posting profits. Our alliance w/ AF/KLM is the envy of the industry. I could go on. Now the map-contents will say I'm being defensive and use vulgar thoughts about personal life, which is exactly why we are glad they are gone and their way of doing things is gone as well. Borrowed time? Conspiracy nuts.
Thats good, my pension is what I desire. I use the money to travel on other airlines..Never have used the lifetime passes..
Spade a Spade

Saint Paul, MN

#28 Dec 19, 2012
Toad wrote:
<quoted text>
Calling me pent up when u post on a public forum that the AL I fly for is unsafe cause you guys are gone? LOL. Nice try. The 'getting laid' part is you having too many drinx. Slow down
u r the most pent up stewardess I have ever seen! You need an enema..
skygod

Tokyo, Japan

#29 Dec 19, 2012
Spade a Spade wrote:
<quoted text>
Conspiracy Nut? That's good that you would call most aviation maintenance safety experts that. You act like there is only a couple people saying this but its more the majority of maint experts who are saying things about the problems.
Chump Change,
Is this like when you said, "If you look at the majority of corps today the majority of the share holders are the execs and board and they usully didn't purchase those shares.."? That kind of "majority"?
skygod

Tokyo, Japan

#30 Dec 19, 2012
not a fine wine wrote:
<quoted text>I'll look for the book. There is another good one, written by and X nwa cap. Called Flight for Control. That'''s on the list too.
Tell me you realize the book is a work of fiction. Do you read Clancy for your military history? Do you get your political analysis from Vince Flynn? The author was never a captain at NWA. You want to guess who she works for now? I started to read her book, and it sucked so bad I couldn't finish it. I've worked with her several times. Let's just say her flying is better than her writing.
skygod

Tokyo, Japan

#32 Dec 20, 2012
Spade a Spade wrote:
<quoted text> u r the most pent up stewardess I have ever seen! You need an enema..
How about an AMFAma? That's when you bend over. Join a stupid union. Piss off all your co-workers. Management drills you on national TV. Co-workers flip you a one finger salute. You make faces, call people names and ...Presto! Your airline career gets flushed down the toilet.
skygod

Tokyo, Japan

#33 Dec 20, 2012
Spade a Spade wrote:
<quoted text>Thats good, my pension is what I desire. I use the money to travel on other airlines..Never have used the lifetime passes..
On other airlines. To far away destinations like Wisconsin. Once a month. Unless that Chump Change, management FU, total insult but you're too stupid to figure it out, why bother, pension you like to brag about got bigger.
Toad

Tel Aviv, Israel

#34 Dec 20, 2012
Spade a Spade wrote:
<quoted text>Thats good, my pension is what I desire. I use the money to travel on other airlines..Never have used the lifetime passes..
Superficial retorts from a map-content. But you can't explain how all your predictions for DAL have been, well, lets just say, not accurate and that's just being kind.
not a fine wine

Duluth, MN

#35 Dec 20, 2012
skygod wrote:
<quoted text>Tell me you realize the book is a work of fiction. Do you read Clancy for your military history? Do you get your political analysis from Vince Flynn? The author was never a captain at NWA. You want to guess who she works for now? I started to read her book, and it sucked so bad I couldn't finish it. I've worked with her several times. Let's just say her flying is better than her writing.
Maybe so, but I'll give her book a read just the same.
Spade a Spade

Saint Paul, MN

#36 Dec 20, 2012
Toad wrote:
<quoted text>
Superficial retorts from a map-content. But you can't explain how all your predictions for DAL have been, well, lets just say, not accurate and that's just being kind.
Is Delta done doing business?
OLD NWA Guy

Naples, FL

#38 Dec 20, 2012
not a fine wine wrote:
<quoted text>You better hope so. What I see from the maintance side of things, ain't pretty.Talk about getting the biggest bang for your buck. What took place thirty years ago compared to today, is fat A$$ scary." Now " you can come on here and tell me how great DL is, but I've been around the block since nwa, and what's going on now is the new culture. Their fight with the unions changed much more than what they paid the mechanics. How sharp do you think a new mechanic is after day 14, working 10 or 12 hour days? Do you know what the FAA duty time is for mechanics? Look it up, and see what is says about hours per day. Then put your rose colored glasses on, and add in the regulated days of duty.
In other words you can't come up with a single negative prediction of yours about Delta that has come to pass.
not a fine wine

Duluth, MN

#39 Dec 20, 2012
OLD NWA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words you can't come up with a single negative prediction of yours about Delta that has come to pass.
They have all come to pass. There is a new way of doing business when it comes to maintenance. And if dick, and the boys thought it was exspensive then. Wait till they see what's coming.
Toad

Tel Aviv, Israel

#40 Dec 21, 2012
not a fine wine wrote:
<quoted text>They have all come to pass. There is a new way of doing business when it comes to maintenance. And if dick, and the boys thought it was exspensive then. Wait till they see what's coming.
Since the entire industry is doing and sending and servicing their AC the exact same way, well, u gonna predict the same exact thing for everyone? What day will it happen. How many AC will it happen to? U r one ignorant mal content. When a map-content predicts the demise of a Carrier and none of his predictions come true then they just call this map-content, amongst other, scary/stupid.
Spade a Spade

Saint Paul, MN

#41 Dec 21, 2012
Toad wrote:
<quoted text>
Since the entire industry is doing and sending and servicing their AC the exact same way, well, u gonna predict the same exact thing for everyone? What day will it happen. How many AC will it happen to? U r one ignorant mal content. When a map-content predicts the demise of a Carrier and none of his predictions come true then they just call this map-content, amongst other, scary/stupid.
A time bomb ticking..A stewardess like you needs to just stay ignorant and not ask questions
old NWA Guy

Naples, FL

#42 Dec 22, 2012
Spade a Spade wrote:
<quoted text>
Conspiracy Nut? That's good that you would call most aviation maintenance safety experts that. You act like there is only a couple people saying this but its more the majority of maint experts who are saying things about the problems. I have seen and worked on acft torn completely apart on many occasions and have seen first hand the problems. How about you?..Oh thats right you see the fluff in the cabin. Believe it or not I want Delta to succeed just for the pure point of you getting out of bed and working to help pay my pension. I do not want any accidents only safe acft and keeping silent and ignoring the issues of poor maintenance is not right.
Yes, I would say that you are a conspiracy nut. As far as
most maint expertsfiding fault with Deltas maint procedures,That is crap and you know it You are just a bitter ex NW employee who looks for any reason to say negative things abot NW RA or DL. How are those industry leading load factors of WN doing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Airlines Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Note shuts down Midway (Feb '06) 5 hr erkn 6
Now departing: AirTran Airways flies off into t... 21 hr 97 Pound Model 1
Northwest Flight Attendants Reject Cuts (Jun '06) 22 hr Gordon 38,771
What makes the 737 so passť in most airline con... Dec 26 JetStar ll 0
Southwest restoring Oakland nonstops to New Orl... Dec 20 Angry White Unite... 1
Southwest pilots union files for federal mediation Dec 20 Angry White Unite... 2
Woman Sues Over Having To Buy 2 Plane Seats (Feb '06) Dec 20 Angry White Unite... 312
More from around the web