The Curse of Arrogance.

The Curse of Arrogance.

There are 29 comments on the 4 Hoteliers story from Dec 27, 2009, titled The Curse of Arrogance.. In it, 4 Hoteliers reports that:

Southwest Airlines has been my favorite airline for a long time - I've written about them often in this blog and talk about them often in my speeches.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 4 Hoteliers.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Joe Carter

San Antonio, TX

#21 Jan 19, 2010
Dennis Snow wrote:
In reply to 737lady's comment - In none of the situations I've observed was the passenger being rude or abusive. Please reread the original post at http://dennissnowblog.com/... . They were just being passengers and did nothing wrong.
Yes, I certainly know who Herb Kelleher is, and if he had observed the situation I describe in the original post, he would not have said anything close to "good job" to the flight attendant. It's more likely he would've assisted the passenger who was simply trying to find seats for her family. I would also guess he might have "coached" the flight attendant.
I find it inconceivable that an employee of ANY organization, much less one with the reputation of Southwest Airlines, would defend treating customers poorly. And to use air rage as an excuse is reaching - there was no air rage involved in what I observed.
I'd like to ask Mr. Snow if anyone in authority at Southwest Airlines has contacted him to discuss, refute, or
confirm what he said in his article.

I think an official of Southwest should post a response to Snow's article here.

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#22 Jan 20, 2010
I used to fly with SWA a lot but stopped flying with them years ago. Then I quit flying with most other American airlines. The quality of service on all U.S. carriers has become simply awful across the board, as compared to SE Asian airlines and even European carriers. Old, fat, rude flight attendants, no food even in first class on many flights, old planes, crap entertainment systems, etc etc. I do agree that some passengers are pigs, but U.S. carriers should first take a look at the mess they call service and then perhaps they would understand why people get frustrated!

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#23 Jan 20, 2010
Claire wrote:
...People trash our planes-leave garbage all over the plane and feel no need to clean it up...
I agree that some people are pigs. But since when are PASSENGERS required the clean planes? When I get off a plane belonging to Singapore Airlines or Lufthansa or Thai, I leave the blanket, slippers, pillow on the floor, perhaps with a newspaper or three, and nobody raises an eyebrow. I think the problem with SWA is that it is a cheap airline that does not hire an adequate number of maids on the ground.
Older Guy

United States

#24 Jan 24, 2010
2003emm3 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that some people are pigs. But since when are PASSENGERS required the clean planes? When I get off a plane belonging to Singapore Airlines or Lufthansa or Thai, I leave the blanket, slippers, pillow on the floor, perhaps with a newspaper or three, and nobody raises an eyebrow. I think the problem with SWA is that it is a cheap airline that does not hire an adequate number of maids on the ground.
You mention Singapore Airlines. I've never flown on that carrier, but I've read about them.

Many years ago, U.S. airlines used their own flight attendants in their commercials and ads.(National Airlines' "Fly Me" campaign in the early '70s is a good example.) Today, can you imagine U.S. airlines using their own flight attendants? They're too old and over the hill.

Singapore Airlines is so proud of their good-looking, classy flight attendants ("Singapore Girls") that they use them as the symbol of the airline:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singapore_Girl
Angry White United Pilot

Dahlgren, VA

#25 Jan 24, 2010
If only we could hire the same young WHITE southern bell. Who knew how to say hello, can I help you, or Captain would you like that coffee with cream and sugar?

Instead we get the fat / overweight intercity negro ho, with an inter-city attitude problem.
Dennis Snow

Rockford, MI

#26 Jan 25, 2010
Joe Carter wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd like to ask Mr. Snow if anyone in authority at Southwest Airlines has contacted him to discuss, refute, or
confirm what he said in his article.
I think an official of Southwest should post a response to Snow's article here.
Joe, I did receive a very nice response from SWA's VP of Inflight Operations. You can check out his response at http://dennissnowblog.com/... . I was very impressed he took the time to respond.

Dennis
Older Guy

Ashburn, VA

#28 Feb 19, 2013
Here are the comments some of us made three years ago. Yes, it looks like Southwest has "lost the luv"!
gyp

Laveen, AZ

#29 Feb 22, 2013
Angry White United Pilot wrote:
Southwest has been hiring more and more negro women, who show up at work with that intercity getto piss-poor attitude of intitlement.
All they can see is their $700.- biweekly paycheck, instead of remembering who provides them with that $700.- paycheck every two weeks.
I think they get angry that their $700.- paychecks aren't much more than their state welfare checks they have been collecting all there lives.
They need to start hiring southern white women from southern university's, who have charm and dignity, and politness not seen in the getto flight attendants currently been employed.
why would I a white woman from the south work for 1400 a month? I would rather date tigers wood! He has BIG and LONG time love for a white girl like me.
gyp

Laveen, AZ

#30 Feb 22, 2013
Angry White United Pilot wrote:
If only we could hire the same young WHITE southern bell. Who knew how to say hello, can I help you, or Captain would you like that coffee with cream and sugar?
Instead we get the fat / overweight intercity negro ho, with an inter-city attitude problem.

Why would I a white women from southern spring HO around with YOU?
when I can gulf with the PRE'S and tigers wood! Dark and full of BIG LONG LOVE and not angry. Why would i want to offer a thin small Angry MAN like you MY WHITE CREAM!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Airlines Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Maker of jet engine in fatal accident wants mor... Fri anonymous 1
News FAA orders fan blade inspections after jet engi... Fri Fear of Flying 1
News One dead after jetliner apparently blows an eng... Apr 19 bloodytinyhandstr... 4
News Southwest Airlines plane makes emergency landin... Apr 18 Prospective Pax 1
News Passenger Service Agents at American Airlines S... Apr 18 Prospective Pax 1
Boeing supplying strike breaker SCABS for Avianca? Apr 18 Prospective Pax 1
News Air Canada to offer lie-flat seats on some Nort... Apr 18 Prospective Pax 1