Delta to withdraw jets and curb costs by $1B

Oct 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Business Journal

The world's second-largest carrier, Delta Air Lines Inc. plans to withdraw its older jets, allowing it to save $1 billion but forcing it to cut back its flights.

Comments
1 - 5 of 5 Comments Last updated Oct 26, 2012

Since: May 08

Santee CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Judged:

Delta 3Q profit surges on fuel contract gains. This as yesterday. Do the people in your PR department talk to each other. Profit surge, but a need to ut costs. Hey AA. start planning your next round of cuts. The competition will b taking your adantage away SOON.. I told you that would happen
Toad

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Judged:

Prost wrote:
Delta 3Q profit surges on fuel contract gains. This as yesterday. Do the people in your PR department talk to each other. Profit surge, but a need to ut costs. Hey AA. start planning your next round of cuts. The competition will b taking your adantage away SOON.. I told you that would happen
Well I was talking to Dick Anderson the other day in the Men's room and he told me it is part of the "Big Picture"! I have total faith in this statement and his vision for the BRIGHT future ahead he as planned for us ALL at DAL and the airline industry as a whole! I urge to get more faith in your management and work hard to meet their vision and be more "receptive" of their ideas and abandon your unions, their ideas and concepts. Romney Ryan 2012!
Sam

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Judged:

You were with DICK in the men's room....where were his bodyguards?

Since: May 08

Santee CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Judged:

Toad wrote:
<quoted text>Well I was talking to Dick Anderson the other day in the Men's room and he told me it is part of the "Big Picture"! I have total faith in this statement and his vision for the BRIGHT future ahead he as planned for us ALL at DAL and the airline industry as a whole! I urge to get more faith in your management and work hard to meet their vision and be more "receptive" of their ideas and abandon your unions, their ideas and concepts. Romney Ryan 2012!
Toad Romney = Bain Consulting. Bain = Outsourcing of jobs. How can a guy who sent thousands of jobs overseas, and contracted out other good paying jobs to the lowest bidder be considered a good President for the common person? Corporations will benefit huge, the working person not so much. I'm sorry. I didn't realize your post was meant to be sarcasm. At least I hope so
steve

Rocky Mount, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

Judged:

Making money and cutting back on flights,whats wrong with this picture? Does not sound the same delta that took over LGA from airways and orders 100 737-900ers and adding almost 100 717's from southwest. Its time to move into new markets and grab a larger share of the domestic and international markets.
Still some underserved cities out there waiting to be tapped.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Airlines Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United Airlines to cut 1,300 Houston jobs (Jun '12) Aug 17 OldCapt 17
United Airlines intros new safety video: Is it ... Aug 17 OldCapt 2
Northwest Flight Attendants Reject Cuts (Jun '06) Aug 14 Brown Sugar 38,762
Delta's 717s Recaro seats from AirTran (May '12) Aug 9 Mick Russom 9
At Northwest Airlines: Meet the new boss (Oct '08) Aug 6 Really 18
Family Booted Off Southwest Airlines After Dad ... Aug 5 Angry White Unite... 2
Crew too drunk for flight Aug 3 OldCapt 8

Search the Airlines Forum:
•••