Iron Range board to lend Delta $5.9 m...

Iron Range board to lend Delta $5.9 million for Chisholm call center

There are 9 comments on the TwinCities story from Nov 5, 2013, titled Iron Range board to lend Delta $5.9 million for Chisholm call center. In it, TwinCities reports that:

The Iron Range Resources and Rehabilitation Board is expected to approve a $5.9 million loan to Delta Air Lines on Thursday to renovate and modernize the company's ticket sales call center in Chisholm.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.

not a fine wine

Duluth, MN

#1 Nov 6, 2013
Why not, It's the only thing left. One is closed, and the other never happened. Instead, you got the Call Center. May as well pay them more. If you don't you'll end up with nothing. All the good jobs come down to well paying service jobs. Would a, could a, should a.
Spade a Spade

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Nov 7, 2013
You know what that means? Bancruptcy is in the nea r future plans..Borrow then run..What is odd hear is Hardup keeps claiming all the money they have at Delter why would they need to borrow a paltry amount with the millions they are making?
not a fine wine

Duluth, MN

#3 Nov 8, 2013
Spade a Spade wrote:
You know what that means? Bancruptcy is in the nea r future plans..Borrow then run..What is odd hear is Hardup keeps claiming all the money they have at Delter why would they need to borrow a paltry amount with the millions they are making?
I had the same thought. Why would anyone in MN loan money to these guys. If the call center is making money for delta, why the hell isn't delta flipping the bill. It really does sound like delta is pulling the strings of a past, easy mark.
Toad

Buford, GA

#4 Nov 13, 2013
not a fine wine wrote:
<quoted text> I had the same thought. Why would anyone in MN loan money to these guys. If the call center is making money for delta, why the hell isn't delta flipping the bill. It really does sound like delta is pulling the strings of a past, easy mark.
I just knew you malcontents would rear ur anti-DAL comments the 2nd you had a chance. Since you have proved in the recent past to have no business acumen then you won't ever be able to follow along w/ really good decisions. Borrowing @ a 1/10th of previous debt & then turn around to pay down the higher debt is great in the play book of any business model. How about the comments that Mr Anderson would pad his pockets then turn and run. Didn't happen. How about all those labour problems you promised? Didn't happen. How about employees not getting parity w/ other AL's that have filed BK. 4 pay raises post merger, increased profit sharing, better working rules, up to 89% of pre BK wages. No other BK AL has done this well. Record profits in the history of DAL. You promised failure on a grand scale. Staying @ the top/near top of DOT stats, no other BK AL has done it. Ur empty promises of DAL failure and ur increased desperate grasp of DAL biz model is just that, really desperate and allows you to live up to ur status as a mal-content. Those folks that didn't do what you did to ur AL career are quit happy. Riddle me this..........in a world wide recession the DAL biz model was still able to reap record profits @ the same time increasing wage and benefits..........how did we do that?
Toad

Buford, GA

#5 Nov 13, 2013
Spade a Spade wrote:
That would be billions DAL is making.
Spade a Spade

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Nov 13, 2013
Toad wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be billions DAL is making.
Why borrow?
not a fine wine

Duluth, MN

#7 Nov 13, 2013
Toad wrote:
<quoted text>
I just knew you malcontents would rear ur anti-DAL comments the 2nd you had a chance. Since you have proved in the recent past to have no business acumen then you won't ever be able to follow along w/ really good decisions. Borrowing @ a 1/10th of previous debt & then turn around to pay down the higher debt is great in the play book of any business model. How about the comments that Mr Anderson would pad his pockets then turn and run. Didn't happen. How about all those labour problems you promised? Didn't happen. How about employees not getting parity w/ other AL's that have filed BK. 4 pay raises post merger, increased profit sharing, better working rules, up to 89% of pre BK wages. No other BK AL has done this well. Record profits in the history of DAL. You promised failure on a grand scale. Staying @ the top/near top of DOT stats, no other BK AL has done it. Ur empty promises of DAL failure and ur increased desperate grasp of DAL biz model is just that, really desperate and allows you to live up to ur status as a mal-content. Those folks that didn't do what you did to ur AL career are quit happy. Riddle me this..........in a world wide recession the DAL biz model was still able to reap record profits @ the same time increasing wage and benefits..........how did we do that?
Good for uall. I got not gripe with dal just don't like your exnwa executives. They destroyed peoples life's...Not because it was unions, but for personal gains. Sorry, but I just won't respect any persons who purposely set out to do that.
Those folks that didn't do what you did to ur AL career are quit happy. You have absolutely no idea what we went thru. Best of luck to you, but don't you tell us that we walked away. We didn't!! Your heroes took it from us ! We were the smallest group, and there was/is a whole new industry out there. It's called Aviation MROs.
not a fine wine

Duluth, MN

#8 Nov 21, 2013
not a fine wine wrote:
<quoted text>Good for uall. I got not gripe with dal just don't like your exnwa executives. They destroyed peoples life's...Not because it was unions, but for personal gains. Sorry, but I just won't respect any persons who purposely set out to do that.
Those folks that didn't do what you did to ur AL career are quit happy. You have absolutely no idea what we went thru. Best of luck to you, but don't you tell us that we walked away. We didn't!! Your heroes took it from us ! We were the smallest group, and there was/is a whole new industry out there. It's called Aviation MROs.
I love it. I got judged as nuts and clueless on this. Nut's, maybe, but clueless? The only clueless are the delta employees we are trying too clue in. What is dickey's past? Where did he come from? Texas Air / Frank Lorenzo. Eastern / Frank Lorenzo. Continental / Frank Lorenzo. And then NWA / Checchi & Wilson, two copy cats of / Frank Lorenzo. So thinking Delta may well be next, might be nuts, but surely isn't clueless. But then again... thinking dickey changed his spots, might be disagreeable. The funny of the funny is... low paid employees arguing in support of overpaid bosses. My, my, how the desperate will cling to what they got.;
Spade a Spade

Saint Paul, MN

#9 Nov 21, 2013
not a fine wine wrote:
<quoted text>I love it. I got judged as nuts and clueless on this. Nut's, maybe, but clueless? The only clueless are the delta employees we are trying too clue in. What is dickey's past? Where did he come from? Texas Air / Frank Lorenzo. Eastern / Frank Lorenzo. Continental / Frank Lorenzo. And then NWA / Checchi & Wilson, two copy cats of / Frank Lorenzo. So thinking Delta may well be next, might be nuts, but surely isn't clueless. But then again... thinking dickey changed his spots, might be disagreeable. The funny of the funny is... low paid employees arguing in support of overpaid bosses. My, my, how the desperate will cling to what they got.;
I'm sure the deal for the iron range repayment will be $1 a year for 5.9 million years. The interest in Dicks pocket..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Airlines Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Woman Sues Over Having To Buy 2 Plane Seats (Feb '06) 4 min Disturbed 313
Another private equity firm lying? Monarch Air... Sun Tricked again 2
News The Airbus A380 may finally have an American cu... Sat steve 1
News Are There Any Other Airline Mergers on the Hori... Sep 19 Prospective Pax 2
News RPT-Spat over which U.S. airlines fly govt work... Sep 15 Acorn 1
News Flight attendant's hilarious 'Looney Tunes' ins... Sep 5 Not impressed 1
News Hawaiians rally to save ceded lands - News (Nov '08) Sep 5 Joe Balls 119
More from around the web