created by: Rjetter | Jun 18, 2013

Airlines

39 votes

Main reason JetBlue went with the Embraer EMB 195 over the Bombardier Q 400?

Click on an option to vote

• Cause the Q400 looks like the ATR 72 that crashes
  • No issues with Scope clauses
  • Consistent ability to board by Jetbridges
  • Propellers are just not part of the JetBlue brand
  • Q 400's expensive... might as well go with a jet
  • Bean counters at JetBlue are not CRAZY yet
  • Looks better, is more modern, faster
  • Outsourced labor is not needed to fuel Exec greed
  • Passengers feel better, comfort and flexibility
  • Probably all of the above

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Rjetter

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

Will JetBlue ever fly the ATR 72? I think it is more efficient than the Q400 or Embraer 195.
Actually

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Actually, unless you are jumping the gun about a future Blue order,

JetBlue only flies the EMB 190 mainline alongside the Airbuses! Nothing regional as in smaller pay checks and being another airlines biotch when flying aboard a JetBlue Ejet!

Enjoy the Live TV
SkyTrader One

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

I just do not think turboprops are part of the JetBlue brand. Outsourcing to other carriers does not seem to be a part of the JetBlue brand either.

A brands success in the airline industry is dependent upon communication of corporate cultural ideals. When you have 7 or 8 different regional airlines flying in your airlines brand, it is impossible to convey the same message and culture other across the vast portions and routes of the country these airlines are contracted by mainline operations fly.

Allegiant, JetBlue, Southwest, Spirit, and Virgin America seems all to realize this. Republic Airways Holdings mainline and operators of Frontier recently have realized this too and no longer masquerade;

Chautauqua Airlines, Republic Airlines, or Shuttle America Airlines as
F R O N T I E R , in the most recent schedules. This could also be a part of RAH's planned divestiture of Frontier though, and not a result of managerial enlightenment.
JetBlast

Southfield, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Judged:

In highly congested, short-haul markets like the Northeast, a turbo-prop is much more efficient and is also exempt from many ATC flow restrictions. The Q400 would be a huge asset to operate in JBU's system.

UA Express added Q400s to several shorter routes out of ORD and completely removed these flights from most flow control restrictions. These airplanes operate in airspace that very few other carriers use and therefore and they don't get sequenced with arrival streams until they hit the terminal airspace boundary.
Propellers Yuck

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Judged:

JetBlast wrote:
In highly congested, short-haul markets like the Northeast, a turbo-prop is much more efficient and is also exempt from many ATC flow restrictions. The Q400 would be a huge asset to operate in JBU's system.
UA Express added Q400s to several shorter routes out of ORD and completely removed these flights from most flow control restrictions. These airplanes operate in airspace that very few other carriers use and therefore and they don't get sequenced with arrival streams until they hit the terminal airspace boundary.
Much like Southwest Airlines... I can positively say JetBlue much like like Southwest Airlines will NEVER operate a Q400 prop.

NOT EVER NEVER NEVER as the song goes!
JetBlast

Southfield, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Enjoy your delay on the ground or in a holding stack as the Q400s fly right past you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••