1700 mile range 727-200 not an RJ? 1800 mile range E170 Ejet is an RJ? WHY?

Created by Logic on Apr 16, 2014

6 votes

Click on an option to vote

There is NOTHING regional about RJ's

Industry rigged against workers but for Executives

Logic

United States

#1 Apr 16, 2014
How can a plane with more range than a standard 727-200 be called regional? This "regional" moniker makes no sense any more.

Either all the 727 pilots were regional jet pilots or regional jets are being called regional for specious and unscrupulous reason? Sure the tiny CRJ were not comfortable I get that but the Ejets are way more comfortable in terms of seat width than Boeings famous 727 which has the same cross section as the 737.

Logic lost upon supposedly leading technical minds who make up this industry or are we lemmingly buying what airline industry con men at the top are trying to promote of what is the meaning of regional?

Kind of like what Bill Clinton's definiton of sex. He did not have sex with Monical Lewisky, because oral sex is not sex. Or maybe if you do not inhale marijuana you have not smoked really smoked marijuana.
Jason

Seattle, WA

#2 Apr 19, 2014
newer technology with fuel efficient engines makes for grater distance for the RJ over the 727. a former mechanic on 727, the maintenance and the timed parts element for the newer jets is greater and require less maintenance as well. winglets have also have added greater cruising distance making it more efficient.
Logic

United States

#3 Apr 19, 2014
Regional in terms of defintion means - a limited geographical area.
Sparky

Denver, CO

#4 Apr 20, 2014
Well, here's the story. The airlines discovered that there is not really a market for $200,000/year pilots and that there were thousands of starving but well qualified pilots willing to do the job for about a quarter of that. SMART Airlines. DUMB pilots.
Logic

Fairbanks, AK

#5 Apr 21, 2014
I would love to know the % of pilots in the domestic airline industry making 200,000 a year.

Bet it is far less than 10%.
Sparky

Denver, CO

#6 Apr 22, 2014
Any Captain working for one of the big four airlines is making over $200,000/year. Widebody Captains at DL and UA make approximately $275/hour of credit with most pilots getting about one thousand hours per year. Narrow body Captains make $200-250/hour depending on the airline, with Southwest pilots paid the highest. Corporate pilots on Gulfstreams, Global Express or heavier Iron make $200,000/year at the better corporations.

Yes, this just covers the majors and some Corporate flying, which because of all of the RJ flying, account for a minority share of all commercial flying.
Liveable wages

United States

#7 Apr 23, 2014
Logic wrote:
I would love to know the % of pilots in the domestic airline industry making 200,000 a year.
Bet it is far less than 10%.
Liveable wages. Good for them!

I am sure all those darn old meanie greedy pilots are making $200,000 dollars their first year of employment in the right seat as opposed to the wrong seat.

How long does it take to get to the wrong seat 10 years and then on call for another 5?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Airlines Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Woman Sues Southwest Airlines After Slipping Ou... 19 hr areyoukidding 1
News CEO Of Struggling Frontier Airlines Steps Down ... Sun kevin 1
Poll Is Southwest ready for the big time? (Widebodie... May 23 Thighs Cloudy 2
Poll Fuel savings of new "Stretched" CSeries 500. A ... May 22 Quaffed Beauty 1
News Disturbance on Ireland-Bound Flight (Mar '08) May 18 winkie 20
Poll Which awful ULCC tries to make you LEAST misera... May 16 Merger Mania 4
News Northwest Flight Attendants Reject Cuts (Jun '06) May 14 allician-1026 38,801
More from around the web