Delta, Continental to begin flights to Nigeria

With three Nigerian airlines securing the right to begin direct flight operations into the United States, two other airlines from the US are to begin operating into Nigeria, too. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Upliftment and Empowerment”

Since: Apr 08

Igodomigodo

#42 Apr 17, 2008
Honey Child,
Also check out this web link. The story was written by a foreigner/tourist. It is an objective and fairly recent account of his experiences in a few West African countries including Nigeria.
http://goneforaburton.wordpress.com/2008/02/0...
Honeychild

Saint Paul, MN

#44 Apr 26, 2008
Bendel Radical wrote:
Honey Child,
Also check out this web link. The story was written by a foreigner/tourist. It is an objective and fairly recent account of his experiences in a few West African countries including Nigeria.
http://goneforaburton.wordpress.com/2008/02/0...
Very thuoghtful.Thank you.
Honeychild

Saint Paul, MN

#45 Apr 26, 2008
Excuse me...Very thoughtful.Im tired now i guess.But im following some of the other forums your on and its addicting!Cant read just one!peace
Ninja4life

Port Harcourt, Nigeria

#46 May 24, 2008
I think fedup flyer doesnt know he is making a fool of himself up here.The truth is that Lagos is a city like any other cities in various countries the world over.And we can see that he is not for real becos he doesnt have a stable place.He must be a fraud himself.So let me give you a piece of advice,dont bother sending in anymore comments here or any other sites.You are too dull,You could have a white skin if you ever do but surely got black brains.

Since: Nov 07

Toa Alta, Puerto Rico

#47 Jun 4, 2008
Ninja4life wrote:
I think fedup flyer doesnt know he is making a fool of himself up here.The truth is that Lagos is a city like any other cities in various countries the world over.And we can see that he is not for real becos he doesnt have a stable place.He must be a fraud himself.
Surly you jest an I don;t see how I making a fool of myself. I have actually been to the crap hole known as Lagos and I made the determination for myself. Lagos is not like any other city in the world. Lagos is a 3rd world African crap hole, whereas a place like Nairobi is livable.
I do have a stable place to live but I am on the road quite a bit with my job, so that's why you see all the different cities associated with my name. To put it bluntly I am a world traveler and have seen things most people have not.

Igodomigodo

#48 Jun 5, 2008
fedup flyer,

You eventually resurfaced on this thread. Now, let's revisit your comments on Lagos. I was born in Lagos and lived in Lagos for close to 20 years. I think you've only presented one side of the story and have not given an objective and balanced account.

Lagos is one of the largest cities in Africa and so, consists of many parts. In Lagos, you have the slums, you have the middle income areas like Surulere and the high brow areas like Victoria Island, Ikoyi, Victoria Garden City, etc. There are also decent areas in Ikeja (like the GRA area), in Ilupeju, etc. You must look at an entire city as a whole before judging it.

The major problem with Lagos is congestion and the challenges that go with that. The population has outgrown the infrastructure and in that sense, Lagos becomes a tough city to adjust to. In view of the variety (the good, the bad and the ugly) that Lagos has to offer, your comments need to be re-evaluated.

I must admit that Lagos still has a long way to go in reaching the status of a world class city. It could do with a railway system, better infrastructure, etc. In spite of these challenges, I would not clasify Lagos as "a 3rd world African crap hole."

Igodomigodo

#49 Jun 5, 2008
fedup flyer,

I'll give you my impressions of one city I visited for a couple of days in 1988. The city of Bombay (Mumbai)in India. This was 20 years ago so hopefully, there have been improvements. I found Bombay to be one chaotic exercise: dirty, smelling, congested and chaotic. Yet, I saw another side of Bombay with promise. The challenge as in any developing economy, is to spread the prosperity to the deprived areas. Bombay, Lagos, etc are by no means exempt from this challenge.

Igodomigodo

#50 Jun 5, 2008
Lagos!

http://www.world66.com/africa/nigeria/lagos/l...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lagos

A city still undergoing development but definitely no crap hole.

Igodomigodo

#51 Jun 5, 2008
Abuja!

Successor of Lagos:

http://images.google.com/imgres...

Come on, give Nigeria some credit...enough of all this Nigeria bashing.

Since: Nov 07

Toa Alta, Puerto Rico

#52 Jun 5, 2008
Bendel,
You can put lipstick on a pig but you still have a pig and therefore Lagos is still a shithole. Personally I think Mumbai is nicer than Lagos.
You may be from Lagos but open you eyes next time you go there. At least the Indians are nice and easy to deal with, I can't say the same for Nigerians
HoneyChild

Saint Paul, MN

#53 Jun 5, 2008
Bendel Radical wrote:
Lagos!
http://www.world66.com/africa/nigeria/lagos/l...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lagos
A city still undergoing development but definitely no crap hole.
I saw some of these same pitures of Lagos,and they are splendid!The pitures that people take and bring home are the best tho.I found alot on "you tube" concerning Nigeria also,live video.Not all are good subjects..but some are funny,some are informative,you have to decide for yourself.I loved seeing the birthday and wedding cerimonies live except for the slaughtering of two rams{goats}..that wasnt nice to watch for me being a city girl,but the barbacue meat on the skewers i would eat for sure!Lagos is beautiful,and i would agree, Not a piece of ****!
HoneyChild

Saint Paul, MN

#54 Jun 5, 2008
i ment ceremony. Always im in a rush...and misspell.excuse me!
Lagos Resident

Nigeria

#55 Jun 6, 2008
For the ignorant, last night, I was at a reception for some Europeans coming into a company as GM and COO. So many Europeans work here. Infact, several people I spoke to told me they were here before, went back to their country and here in Lagos, Nigeria again. Infact, I met an elderly man (65yeras old) who worked many years here, returned to his country and 30 years later, he is here as a GM of a company. You call that country a 'shithole'?
funnymama38

Rancho Cordova, CA

#56 Jun 6, 2008
honeychild wrote:
<quoted text>I pray that my upcoming trip to Lagos will not end with horrible stories like your own and others i have read.What would you say, would be,the best piece of advice to offer me about traveling to Nigeria?thank you.
Hi I too have an upcoming trip to Lagos. I would love to hear about your perception of Lagos after your trip and any tips you may have.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Airlines Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Southwest restoring Oakland nonstops to New Orl... Sat Angry White Unite... 1
Southwest pilots union files for federal mediation Sat Angry White Unite... 2
Woman Sues Over Having To Buy 2 Plane Seats (Feb '06) Sat Angry White Unite... 312
MatlinPatterson World Airways Succesor Cerberus... (Mar '14) Sat Jnebel 4
Air Canada returning to Comox Valley Airport Dec 9 ScAir Canada 1
Kingfisher or SpiceJet? Dec 8 norwoodgreen 1
Mainline Carrier whichl gets EMB 170/175/190/19... (Jan '11) Nov 25 Asset Allocation 3
More from around the web