Delta, Continental to begin flights to Nigeria

With three Nigerian airlines securing the right to begin direct flight operations into the United States, two other airlines from the US are to begin operating into Nigeria, too. Full Story
Ya-Ya

AOL

#21 Dec 20, 2007
Actually Fed Up is right. I also work for a company that requires me to go to Lagos periodically. WE DO (as a crew) ride in a BULLET PROOF VAN. We stay at a "compund" and are told point blank that during our layover that we are to NOT leave the hotel, and even take our meals at the hotel. You can say what you want, but if you are not part of an airline crew, YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT WE HAVE TO DO.
Guess who

Las Vegas, NV

#22 Dec 20, 2007
Is that when Fed X Merges with UPS ?

Since: Nov 07

Central Islip, NY

#23 Dec 21, 2007
senax wrote:
<quoted text>
fedup cannot be for real.
Yes, I am for real
HABS DUDE

Montrťal, Canada

#24 Dec 21, 2007
senax wrote:
<quoted text>
fedup cannot be for real. He sounds too angry (at what I am not sure)
He is rather accurate in his description about what goes on in Laos and the people. Our company hires body guards when we go there on business.
You would be surprised to see all the Nigerian women rush Westeners to have sex just for the promise to tak'em out of their own country. People who live there want to get out and people who have to travel there can't wait to get out.
visitor

Welwyn Garden City, UK

#25 Dec 24, 2007
I am not from there and have not been there but I guess its not the most favourable destination for air crews.

http://www.flitework.com
REASON

Houston, TX

#26 Dec 24, 2007
NIGERIANS ONLY HAVE THEMSELF TO BLAME FOR ALL THESE NEGATIVE COMMENTS.WE ALL AGREED CORRUPTION
IS OUR BIGGEST PROBLEM AND ATTACKING THIS EVIL
MIGHT HELP TO TURN NIGERIA FUTURE ARROUND.THE
BEST DISCUSSION WE NEED TO BE ENGAGING IN RIGHT
NOW IS WAYS TO ERRADICATE OR HELP ELIMINATE
CORRUPTION.ITS TOO LATE TO START POINTING FINGERS
AND PLAYING THE BLAMING GAME.THIS PROBLEM CAN ONLY
BE SOLVED BY NIGERIANS EXPECIALLY NIGERIANS BACK
HOME.

Since: Nov 07

Mount Airy, NC

#27 Dec 24, 2007
Please don't type in CAPS. It is the equiv of yelling and is very hard to read.
solid

Satellite Provider

#28 Jan 8, 2008
These comments must be coming from guys that know very little about Nigeria or are probably determine to dent the image of the country. Yes corruption is in nigeria but where in the world is corruption absent. When was the last case of missing laugage at any Nigeria's airport? Please check your record again and stop this blasphemy. There are so many good things about Nigera.
Dave

Crowley, LA

#29 Jan 9, 2008
Lagos is a shithole for sure. Most Nigerians are
nice ,kind,friendly people. Yes it is the scam capital of the world, yes everyone has a handout.
Yes a direct flight from U.S.A to Lagos would be great.
Cap
Human

Copenhagen, Denmark

#31 Feb 29, 2008
Nigeria is, without doubt, the most difficult, frustrating and irritating place Iíve ever visited. Lagos is, without a doubt, the most disgusting, filthy and dangerous shit-hole on the planet. Dear Lagos-dwellers: It is not common practice in any nation in the world to share your bank account details with a near-stranger, not even after that stranger has driven you around from place to place for four days. If you want money so much youíre prepared to lie and attempt to cheat anyone who gets off a plane, why donít you spend some of that imagination and energy trying to improve the economy and infrastructure of your nation rather than making sure that anyone who visits never comes back? Iím never, ever going back to Nigeria. Not for £100,000. Not for anyone. Ever.
cuisy

Abuja, Nigeria

#32 Mar 3, 2008
HABS DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
He is rather accurate in his description about what goes on in Laos and the people. Our company hires body guards when we go there on business.
You would be surprised to see all the Nigerian women rush Westeners to have sex just for the promise to tak'em out of their own country. People who live there want to get out and people who have to travel there can't wait to get out.
We nigerians are proud of our country and no matter where we are we still come back no matter how long. That women come to you is that they see you as sex starved and any country you don't see a nigeria is cursed because we love travelling and we bring good tiddings.
Onayimi

Nigeria

#33 Mar 4, 2008
Some Nigerian are currupt but I dare say that the corruption in Nigeria is exaggerated. There are still lots of incorrupt people in Nigeria as well as outrightly honest people.
The federal government also try very hard to curb corruption here through anti corruption bodies like EFCC.
Nigeria is definitely leaving the era of corruption to a time where people are encouraged to be honest.
righteous

Houston, TX

#34 Apr 16, 2008
Mr human, i heard you say that you were duped for 100,000. To start with, i do not believe you, but if it is true, then you must be either a muron or a thief yourself. That is, you decided not to do things the legal way, or you just got stupid. And infact, if you do not want to go to Nigeria again, what brought you to this web site? I do not know wether you went to school or not, but if you did, you should have read in history that your forefathers, and so to say, your likes started that rubbish called corruption, not only in nigeria and Africa, but all over the world.
Your country is one of those that support corrupt governments in Africa, and plan to get rid of the good doers,'cos of greed and selfishness. It seems to me what goes around comes around. I do not support corruption or con artists, but you need to know that an average human being will develop a means of survival under any adverse conditions, the same means your forefathers developed centuries ago, that made them go to that part of the world, and capture people for slavery and all kinds of rubbish.
I am pretty sure you knew there were fraudsters in that country before you lost that money to those same people, but you still got fooled, and i know why. you are a crook like them, you are a thief, you are corrupt, ignorant, and stupid. I have heard of the various methodologies employed by those people, and i kept wondering how people fall for that, until i came to the realization that, only people who think like them fall for the. So, suck it up and start thinking straight.
Emeka Egeonu

Lithuania

#35 Apr 16, 2008
Whats the big deal about Delta flying to Nigeria. My wife travelled last month with Delta from New York to Atlanta and then to Lagos. But all her luggages never arrived with her and Delta does not seem to care. If their bid is to continue to lose peoples baggages then they should rethink flying to Nigeria. Who cares about the millions they pay in baggage claims. those payments cannot equal the value of precious baggage lost or the emotional truama of having to chase Delta and her employees to no avail.

“Upliftment and Empowerment”

Since: Apr 08

Igodomigodo

#36 Apr 16, 2008
fedup flyer wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I am for real
Indeed, you are for real...really fedup...fedup with yourself and fedup with life! Moreover, if you are a fedup flyer, then quit flying. Why do what you are fedup with? It don't make sense to me.
Buddy

Evanston, IL

#37 Apr 16, 2008
I was a peace corps volunteer in Cameroon right on the border of Nigeria - and the Nigerians (and Cameroonians) were some of the most hospitable people I've ever met. I was a 'kid' back then, and they really felt responsible for me and made sure that nothing happened to me. And, I STILL miss the food very much - it was delicious... Lagos, like any big city, is not really hospitable. You can't judge an entire country by one city.

Igodomigodo

#38 Apr 16, 2008
Fellow Nigerians,
There is some truth in what some of these foreigners are telling us about our beloved country. The truth is bitter. Nonetheless, we cannot accept people potraying Nigeria as 100% bad and corrupt. Nigeria has its good side as well. Hopefully, our leaders will wake up soon and start doing the proper things to make us rise above the mess some of these airline crewmembers have highlighted. The main gateway into Nigeria remains MMA Int. Airport. We must make sure things work there, the place is clean and that the airport personnel are courteous and professional. God help us.
honeychild

Saint Paul, MN

#39 Apr 16, 2008
Human wrote:
Nigeria is, without doubt, the most difficult, frustrating and irritating place Iíve ever visited. Lagos is, without a doubt, the most disgusting, filthy and dangerous shit-hole on the planet. Dear Lagos-dwellers: It is not common practice in any nation in the world to share your bank account details with a near-stranger, not even after that stranger has driven you around from place to place for four days. If you want money so much youíre prepared to lie and attempt to cheat anyone who gets off a plane, why donít you spend some of that imagination and energy trying to improve the economy and infrastructure of your nation rather than making sure that anyone who visits never comes back? Iím never, ever going back to Nigeria. Not for £100,000. Not for anyone. Ever.
I pray that my upcoming trip to Lagos will not end with horrible stories like your own and others i have read.What would you say, would be,the best piece of advice to offer me about traveling to Nigeria?thank you.

Igodomigodo

#40 Apr 17, 2008
honeychild wrote:
<quoted text>I pray that my upcoming trip to Lagos will not end with horrible stories like your own and others i have read.What would you say, would be,the best piece of advice to offer me about traveling to Nigeria?thank you.
Honey Child,
I was born and bred in Lagos so this is my advice to you:
1. Avoid being flashy and standing out in the crowd.
2. Have someone exteremely reliable that you know come and wait for you at the airport. Do not take a taxi from the airport.
3. You definitely will enjoy Lagos. Restrict yourself to the safer areas of Lagos. Don't go wandering about town like a tourist. Always move with trustworthy people who know Lagos.
4. Avoid conversations with strangers except you are in some sort of controlled setting like a reputable hotel.
5. Don't be scared. Enjoy that trip. I am confident that you will come back with good stories to share on this forum. I have done quite a bit of worldwide travelling and I can assure you that Lagos is not as bad as it is potrayed to be. In my humble opinion, it's definitely safer than Johannesburg, South Africa.
6. Try also visiting Abuja, Obudu and Yankari while in Nigeria, if time and money permits.
7. Check out this web link that a kind hearted fellow posted on the internet:
http://www.ufok-africa.de/index.html
Good luck!
let them say

London, UK

#41 Apr 17, 2008
Human wrote:
i am sorry you have such experience, hey i will not deny that such act does exist in nigeria however not evry one are like that or every state are like that and that does not mean that everyone or everytime you go there (nigerias) you will experience such as you did. i was born in nigeria, however left when i was yet a baby, and have not actually lived in nigeria nor understood thier system, went back the first time in 1999 and it was a good experience for me except the mosquitos and the electricity issues. i will say nigeria is the place to be, if you have your money. pls do not blame individual (not condoning thier evil act), as the government are to be blame nigeria has money but refused to allow the money to circulate

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Airlines Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hawaii says yes to biofuel refinery (Apr '12) 11 hr MOMIN ANSARI 8
Woman Sues Over Having To Buy 2 Plane Seats (Feb '06) 19 hr AAMech 309
JetBlue to charge some fliers for luggage, cut ... Sat Ramprat 1
Southwest pilots union files for federal mediation Nov 20 RampLizard 1
Fuel efficient Boeing lost the Delta Widebody p... Nov 19 Merger Mania 0
Guy Racks Up $1.2K In-Flight WiFi Bill Nov 19 Evilgelicalling 3
Investigation: Allegiant has low prices, higha Nov 17 go delta 1

Airlines People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE