Delta, Continental to begin flights to Nigeria

Full story: BusinessDay Nigeria

With three Nigerian airlines securing the right to begin direct flight operations into the United States, two other airlines from the US are to begin operating into Nigeria, too.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of54
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Joel Stokes

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2007

When are these flights to begin?
Creative1

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2007

I am surprised that either airline decided to pay the outrageous kickbacks that I am sure were demanded by one of the worlds most corrupt nations.

Good luck getting from the airport into Lagos, another nightmare.

But they do have lots of oil to cover their corruption.
Ayesha

Rolla, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2007

Creative1 wrote:
I am surprised that either airline decided to pay the outrageous kickbacks that I am sure were demanded by one of the worlds most corrupt nations.
Good luck getting from the airport into Lagos, another nightmare.
But they do have lots of oil to cover their corruption.
Everyone is so quick to point fingers at Nigerians. Never once thinking that con artists prey on greed and dishonesty. As a Nigerian my life has become increasingly difficult by people who dont trust me just because of my heritage (can anyone say racial profiling). I do admit that a lot of scams come from Nigeria/ns but I have also seen ones from all over the place, even here in the states (pyramid schemes and real estate scams are just the tip of the iceberg).
Its so much easier to point fingers at a country of people who are mostly living below the poverty line and are just trying to survive, than to actually look at ourselves and ask : What about me makes me a target?
JustAGuy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2007

A nigerian ring stole my identity. I tracked most of them down. I was told by the feds they wouldn't kill any family members here in US, but in Nigeria it's common practice. I also had my companies corporate security in on it. Continental has no plans to go into that pit. They have flight rights, but it's not safe, too many payoffs and having only to use US issued credit cards because of fraud was only part of putting off the flights. Let's see, nigerians are major scammers, terrorist are muslims, that's not racial profiling it's using your head. If it walks like a duck and sounds like duck, it's probably a duck. Targeting a van load of hispanics as illegals is not racial profiling. It's a fact most illegals are coming from the south, why target a van load of white guys, because we don't have loads of europeans, russians, etc. crossing our borders.

Since: Nov 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2007

Since baggage theft over there is a cottage industry, I can only imagine at the amount of dollars that are going to paid in "lost" baggae claims.
Old NWA Guy

Matthews, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2007

Nigerian scam is a term recognized all over the world and is tolerated by the Nigerian government and the average Nigerian citizen.
Rudy

Trussville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2007

Finally!!!!!!! I thought they would never start service to Nigeria! I bet those overnight crew quarters are something to behold.
hispanic with a van

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2007

JustAGuy wrote:
A nigerian ring stole my identity. I tracked most of them down. I was told by the feds they wouldn't kill any family members here in US, but in Nigeria it's common practice. I also had my companies corporate security in on it. Continental has no plans to go into that pit. They have flight rights, but it's not safe, too many payoffs and having only to use US issued credit cards because of fraud was only part of putting off the flights. Let's see, nigerians are major scammers, terrorist are muslims, that's not racial profiling it's using your head. If it walks like a duck and sounds like duck, it's probably a duck. Targeting a van load of hispanics as illegals is not racial profiling. It's a fact most illegals are coming from the south, why target a van load of white guys, because we don't have loads of europeans, russians, etc. crossing our borders.
no you are right the euro trash are flying here legally but staying illegally but not being challenged because they are white
Lover

Montréal, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2007

hispanic with a van wrote:
<quoted text>no you are right the euro trash are flying here legally but staying illegally but not being challenged because they are white
I hope they leave all the hispanics Senoritas alone. Nothing beats doing a Hispanic chick.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2007

Rudy wrote:
Finally!!!!!!! I thought they would never start service to Nigeria! I bet those overnight crew quarters are something to behold.
I hope you are joking. The crew rides to the hotel in a bullet proof vehicle. Gor those of you that have never been there, Nigeria sucks.
Observer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2007

Most of your comments are quite ignorant to say the least.

Fedup flyer, are you sure you are for real? I have had cause to fly around and out of Nigeria and I am not aware that the crew rides in bullet proof vans. Nigeria does not suck!

We have had our problems I admit, but we are making deliberate efforts to improve and am sure the air lines that decided to fly have noticed that there is an improvement even if many of you prefer not to see it. We know a country is only as good as the people that live in it and we as a people ar making deliberate efforts to change our ideas that only outside this nation can we proper legally.

Nigerians are spread all over the world making honest living and certainly not defrauding people. It is cos of our large population that a small percentage of us doing bad are so prominent, be sure that we were not born bad and do not intend to stay bad.
Observer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2007

I am not from Rwanda, but obviously from Nigeria, don't know where that came from...
Mike

Bayonne, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2007

When is Continental starting there Flights there IAH and New York

Mount Airy, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2007

Observer wrote:
Fedup flyer, are you sure you are for real?
Yes, I am for real. I have been to Lagos several times and Have been witness to the BS that goes on there. My crew did ride to the hotel in a bullet proof van vehicle provided by the hotel. I couldn't wait to get outta that shithole
omokaro

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2007

If you think it is a shit hole, you do not have to go back. Be aware that 9ja will fully take its rightful place but don't you dear try to go to that shit hole to try and seek any goodies, you are not welcome. I love 9ja i know go lie!!!

Italy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2007

omokaro wrote:
If you think it is a shit hole, you do not have to go back. Be aware that 9ja will fully take its rightful place but don't you dear try to go to that shit hole to try and seek any goodies, you are not welcome. I love 9ja i know go lie!!!
If you are going to try to insult me, at least do the courtesy of learning to spell and type. Unfortunately, my employer requires me to go to "Lagos the Shit-hole" every so often. I try to avoid it whenever possible. Also, for all the Nigerian cab drivers in the States, please take your bullshit back to your country.
Mike

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2007

I think fedup flyer is an ass. Go back to whatever shithole that YOU belong. No crew rides in bullet proof vans you total dim wit. And I am not even Nigerian

Central Islip, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2007

Mike wrote:
I think fedup flyer is an ass. Go back to whatever shithole that YOU belong. No crew rides in bullet proof vans you total dim wit. And I am not even Nigerian
And you have been to Lagos how many times as a crewmember??
senax
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2007

fedup flyer wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I am for real. I have been to Lagos several times and Have been witness to the BS that goes on there. My crew did ride to the hotel in a bullet proof van vehicle provided by the hotel. I couldn't wait to get outta that shithole
fedup cannot be for real. He sounds too angry (at what I am not sure)
senax
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2007

fedup flyer wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are going to try to insult me, at least do the courtesy of learning to spell and type. Unfortunately, my employer requires me to go to "Lagos the Shit-hole" every so often. I try to avoid it whenever possible. Also, for all the Nigerian cab drivers in the States, please take your bullshit back to your country.
I think you are in the wrong business...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of54
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

43 Users are viewing the Airlines Forum right now

Search the Airlines Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
E190? How many x's Republic Airways (ho) has su... 2 hr Listerine 2
Rudest flight attendants are with? 10 hr Av Tech Spec 1
Which "none Major" Airline will most likely be ... (Sep '13) 11 hr The List Narrows 10
Teen stowaway survives flight in plane's wheel ... 14 hr Charles 5
(MQ) Envoy, could a mainline ever buy and merge... Wed MQ Simmons Envoy 8
Teen flies to Hawaii hidden in landing gear Wed Adrian Godsafe MSc 1
1700 mile range 727-200 not an RJ? 1800 mile ra... Wed Liveable wages 7
•••
•••
•••
•••