Frontier Airlines Blames Bankruptcy On Credit Card Firm

Full story: Hartford Courant
The carrier on Friday blamed its Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection on a cash squeeze caused by its credit card processing company, which has decided to keep a larger chunk of the Denver airline's ticket revenue. Full Story
amazed

Naugatuck, CT

#1 Apr 11, 2008
i wonder if first data's credit concerns are connected to the recent acquisition by kkr.

"This week will offer the first big test of the credit market as seven banks try to entice investors to buy $24 billion in loans and bonds to pay for the sale of the First Data Corporation, the credit card payments processor, to the private equity firm Kohlberg Kravis Roberts.

“We are basically down to getting ready for a road show,” First Data’s chairman and chief executive, Henry C. Duques, said.“It would be nice if somebody wanted to buy the debt at a reasonable price.”

from their website:

"First Data Corporation is wholly owned by affiliates of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co.(KKR). Publicly owned since 1992, First Data and KKR announced a merger agreement in April 2007. The transaction closed in September 2007, at which time, First Data became a private-equity company and was no longer listed on the New York Stock Exchange.

it is not only the high price of jet fuel that is putting people out of work. the rich get richer.....

Investor

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Apr 11, 2008
First Data increased its holdback, and the shareholders got f***ed. Even the people with frequent flyer points will be protected--the shareholders get f***ed. As a businessman whose wife's retirement accounts had a significant holding in FRNT, I will NEVER do business with First Data, KKR, or Wells Fargo, and neither will any of the many friends I will relate this to for the rest of my life.
Pete

Meriden, CT

#3 Apr 12, 2008
The wall street analysts with the hedge funds and private equity firms are able to wipe out public companies by short selling and rumor mongering (see bear stearns). The airlines are an easy target. The problem is that the funds control so much money they can perpetuate the credit crunch, keep lowering the dollar and pump up commodity prices, to the detriment of the worlds, and our economy, but will make already incredibly rich people richer. It is not a good way to distribute recourses for a healthy functioning economy.
small retailer

Mitchell, SD

#4 Apr 14, 2008
First Data is also scamming small businesses like mine. I and other businesses have filed complaints with the Attorney General of our state.
Eolande

London, UK

#5 Mar 26, 2014
This is the first time I had ever applied for a loan. I couldn't have asked for anything more from the staff that answered any of my questions to the application process. Once this had all been completed the money was transferred quickly into my account. I will definitely be recommending 911PDAY .COM ( http://goo.gl/l0GrbF ) too my friends and family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Airlines Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Northwest Flight Attendants Reject Cuts (Jun '06) 12 hr not a fine wine 38,781
New England Nanny State Snow closures, which ai... Jan 27 OneWorld SkyTeam ... 1
Are AA DL UA cutting fuel fees like other Trans... Jan 27 Carrier Cartel 1
'Incredibly upset' Allegiant pilots picket for ... Jan 25 Viewer 2
Frontier Airlines owner hints at mergers ahead ... Jan 22 Eagleliner 1 4
KLM Catering Services Schiphol bv: Foodservice ... Jan 20 Leachmark707 1
British Airways commences flights to Cancun (Dec '10) Jan 20 William Walker 2
More from around the web