TSA to allow small knives, bats, club...

TSA to allow small knives, bats, clubs on planes

There are 28 comments on the The Capital-Journal story from Mar 5, 2013, titled TSA to allow small knives, bats, clubs on planes. In it, The Capital-Journal reports that:

Airline passengers will be able to carry small knives, souvenir baseball bats, golf clubs and other sports equipment onto planes beginning next month under a policy change announced Tuesday by the head of the Transportation Security Administration.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Capital-Journal.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Justin

Richmond, VA

#22 Mar 8, 2013
Cercerning the debate over airport security, perhaps what we need is a compromise. This is America, so let's have a more democratic and consumer driven solution.

What I'm proposing is that when we book a flight, we can choose between a "high security" or "low security" option. Those choosing from one of the low security flights will not be required to pass through security screening. You'll also be entitled to a $20 discount.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#23 Mar 8, 2013
Justin wrote:
Cercerning the debate over airport security, perhaps what we need is a compromise. This is America, so let's have a more democratic and consumer driven solution.
What I'm proposing is that when we book a flight, we can choose between a "high security" or "low security" option. Those choosing from one of the low security flights will not be required to pass through security screening. You'll also be entitled to a $20 discount.
Rejected.

As we've seen, it's not just the people on the plane in danger of terrorist take control.

Full strip down & body cavity searches & xrays & MRIs for EVERY passenger, NO exceptions.

Don't like it, then don't fly.

“your life is great”

Since: Aug 09

you poop in clean water

#24 Mar 8, 2013
with all these cuts to the FAA service will be reduced.
which means prices will go up.
soon enough it'll be cheaper to rent a car and pay for the gas to drive wherever it is you want to go.
or Amtrak will make a huge comeback!

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#25 Mar 8, 2013
I guess my electric noogie-blaster still doesn't qualify.
gyp

Sublimity, OR

#26 Mar 12, 2013
Angry White United Pilo wrote:
Watch all negros at the checkpoints. Trouble is coming.
Why would I a hot young white women check your points? TSA has HARD men working LONG hours. And their BIG! So they can handle a small Angry white P like yours.
Philly Cheesesteak

United States

#27 Mar 23, 2013
I think if you pay a $50 fee you should be able to avoid the checkpoint all together. Security screening is for poor people.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#28 Mar 24, 2013
Interesting
Hugh White

United States

#29 Mar 25, 2013
only stupid, poor people believe the TSA is really protecting them. lol. Security theatre.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Airlines Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Boeing acknowledges MOM growing too big! Nov 16 Prospective Pax 2
News How a "booby trapped" audition handed Jason Mom... Nov 16 chinaclipper1 1
Is Boeing going to price NEW 767s at A321 NEO ... Nov 7 Boeing A310 2
News Police: Tucson man arrested after shoving fligh... Oct 26 Hello 4
News Lesbian couple sues airline, claiming discrimin... Oct 23 Chevyman 2
News United Airlines Outlook - Analysts Say 'Good En... Oct 20 Chris 1
Is Airbus a A319 an orphan project now? Oct 19 Airshow 1
More from around the web