Blue skies, red ink: Branson Airport banks on Southwest service for financial relief

Nov 29, 2012 Full story: KYTV Springfield

Southwest Airlines and Branson are banking on each other. "They have had a long history of just changing the whole dynamic of air travel of the markets that they go into," explained Garrett Anderson, the city's economic development director.

Full Story
Branson Business

United States

#1 Nov 29, 2012
Nice job Branson Airport. Thank you for all you do for our community! Southwest is going to change our town.
positive

Branson, MO

#2 Dec 1, 2012
I will think positive because if the Branson Airport does not make it my business and many others are in deep trouble. The only reason tourism is not way down this year is because of the airport. The data from the CVB shows the numbers are way up in the cities with airlines to Branson. At the same time the cities within 300 miles are way down. Thank God for the Branson Airport and the additional people they have brought to my business. We are all looking forward to Southwest saving all of us not just the airport!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Airlines Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Which new livery (color scheme paint job) is wo... Mon Boldly Braniff 6
Spirit Airlines drops promotion inspired by cel... Sep 9 Angry white unite... 1
The New Southwest Airlines Has A Heart Logo And... Sep 8 IHATESWA 1
Will Two Airlines Revamp Their Brand Next Week? Sep 7 Southwest has che... 1
United Airlines intros new safety video: Is it ... Sep 7 Smith Street Blues 5
Michelle Singletary: Don't get mad at other fli... Sep 7 Goforride 1
http://res.dallasnews.com/interactives/southwes... Sep 6 emn 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••