American Airlines, American Eagle cut flights amid pilot sickouts

Sep 20, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS News

DALLAS - American Airlines and American Eagle say they will cancel 300 flights this week to cope with a high number of pilots reporting sick and an increase in maintenance reports filed by crews.

Comments
1 - 20 of 22 Comments Last updated Feb 10, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Angry White United Pilot

Everett, WA

#1 Sep 20, 2012
Shut that goddamn airline down. For god sakes you AA pilots need to show some balls, and walk off the job and resign en-mass. Bring the Dallas economy to it's knees. Shut the airline down for ever.
Anna Smithton

Dallas, TX

#2 Sep 20, 2012
Dallas without AMR?
Tumbleweeds rolling down vacant super highways through the metroplex.
Carlos Villar

Dallas, TX

#3 Sep 23, 2012
AA will shine once again despite the pilots trying to take it down.
Rocco

Palm Beach Gardens, FL

#4 Sep 24, 2012
A 25% pay cut in 2003, management then takes milllions in bonuses on the backs of labor, lost pensions, another paycut, more hours in the sky, less medical benefits----are you kidding me??? Raise the price of the tickets! Is this rocket science?

Since: Apr 08

Tulsa, OK

#5 Sep 24, 2012
Rocco wrote:
A 25% pay cut in 2003, management then takes milllions in bonuses on the backs of labor, lost pensions, another paycut, more hours in the sky, less medical benefits----are you kidding me??? Raise the price of the tickets! Is this rocket science?
Rocco,

Apparently for you it is Rocket Science! If it was that easy AA would have done it long time ago. Have you ever heard of Southwest Airlines, JetBlue, the other low cost airlines too numerous to list, and the old legacy airlines that either went out of business or reorganized to lower their operating costs.

AA has to lower their operating costs and keep ticket prices at the same levels as the other airlines to remain competitive. Raising ticket prices to keep the employees happy doesn’t work any longer. It would if every airline would do the same. Back then it was called regulation

Don't you realize that the baggage fees and other ridiculous surcharges were created to compensate for the lower airfares. The public is so confused with all of these extra fees that they have to be the ‘Rocket Scientist’ to determine their real and actual cost for the ticket.
Scru American Eagle

Miami, FL

#6 Sep 25, 2012
AE was the problem to begin with! they got to shut down eagle and sell the 80's. All the American Eagle pilots had 27 years to think they were going to flow through, but only 500 made it..... hellloooooo eagle pilots.... who are the dumb ones.......... AMERICAN EAGLE IS THE WORSE AIRLINE IN THE WORLD< MANAGEMENT< AND MEC< AL L where sold out years ago......

//s//
AN AMERICAN EAGLE HATER
Mister Wilson

Houston, TX

#8 Sep 25, 2012
Abandon your communist unions and vote Romney&Ryan in 2012! This man is the savior of the western world!!!
Bradley Katz

Miami, FL

#9 Sep 25, 2012
I just want to let everyone know that im gay. I have been gay for quite some time and i love flying the ATR. I have been having several affairs with other men including mechanics and rampers. i have them wear my hat when in down cunulingus style. I think that everyone in eagle has been down the drain for about 10 years. we all are screwed, we have to fight for mens rights. i think eagle will prevail in a new airline called Sky west.

Vote No on the contract and YEs for MENs Gay rights.

BK da Gay King
Donbi

Miami, FL

#11 Oct 18, 2012
I love u bradley, in think u are so gay. You curry hair sun uv a bit.ch.
Betsy

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#12 Oct 18, 2012
tulaaretired wrote:
<quoted text>
Rocco,
Apparently for you it is Rocket Science! If it was that easy AA would have done it long time ago. Have you ever heard of Southwest Airlines, JetBlue, the other low cost airlines too numerous to list, and the old legacy airlines that either went out of business or reorganized to lower their operating costs.
AA has to lower their operating costs and keep ticket prices at the same levels as the other airlines to remain competitive. Raising ticket prices to keep the employees happy doesn’t work any longer. It would if every airline would do the same. Back then it was called regulation
Don't you realize that the baggage fees and other ridiculous surcharges were created to compensate for the lower airfares. The public is so confused with all of these extra fees that they have to be the ‘Rocket Scientist’ to determine their real and actual cost for the ticket.
Southwest....profits...some of the highest paid Pilots in the industry. WOW, why is labor not an issue for them?It is that easy....AMR doesnt care!
Betsy

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#13 Oct 18, 2012
Bradley Katz wrote:
I just want to let everyone know that im gay. I have been gay for quite some time and i love flying the ATR. I have been having several affairs with other men including mechanics and rampers. i have them wear my hat when in down cunulingus style. I think that everyone in eagle has been down the drain for about 10 years. we all are screwed, we have to fight for mens rights. i think eagle will prevail in a new airline called Sky west.
Vote No on the contract and YEs for MENs Gay rights.
BK da Gay King
Sugar...YOu have not been on the ATR for awhile. We all know that. I look forward to bumping into you....i mean bumping...at AA real soon.
Betsy Ubittch

United States

#14 Nov 2, 2012
HI betsy, can my andyou bump Bradley? i dont like vaseline just dry please?

we du a good tagteam together.
Eastern Scab for AA

United States

#15 Nov 9, 2012
anyone know how to get a job with American Airlines? My last job was Eastern 757, but I have tried many interviews and no one seems to hire me. I just dont know what is going on. Can anyone help please?

F. Lorenzo
a.k.a "DICK"
R-S-MARICON

United States

#16 Nov 9, 2012
Carlos Villar wrote:
AA will shine once again despite the pilots trying to take it down.
TU ERES TAN MARIKA QUE TE CREES QUE VAS A AMERICAN. POBRE LOOSER! BET3 A BUSCAR UN TRABAJO EN WENDYS, PORUQ CON ESA MENTALIDAD LO QUE VAS HACER ES ARRUINAR LA PROFESION CANTO E CABRON.
jose manuel

Saint Petersburg, FL

#17 Nov 9, 2012
Peeple frm mi country will soon fli u Planes Cheep for you..we go to airplane fli Skoool and work very hard and cheep for u..
Eastern Scab Pilot

Renton, WA

#19 Nov 16, 2012
jose manuel wrote:
Peeple frm mi country will soon fli u Planes Cheep for you..we go to airplane fli Skoool and work very hard and cheep for u..
It would be an honor to fly with you as your copilot Jose.

Together we can return American Airlines to what it use to be in the 1960's.
Miky Dorne

Las Vegas, NV

#20 Nov 17, 2012
I love you jose . I want to be a scab.
Sonny

United States

#21 Nov 22, 2012
My mom is scewing around on my dad. i saw her with an American Airlines captain on the front porch before going to work. I asked him if he worked for American Airlines and he said yes, but his wings on his shirt said EAGLE. which one is it?
This man is not too smart, when my dad catches wind of this he is going to be pist.
These eagle pilots think they are working for American Airlines but they are getting hosed, just like my mom, she is being swooped off her feet by a fake!
sonny
toadmann

Pittsburgh, PA

#22 Nov 23, 2012
youtube.com/watch... ……Elf Rant
Duck

United States

#23 Nov 24, 2012
When you wipe yo A.S.S, you smear the crap around yo butt hole. that is why you should get an eagle pilot to wash yo buthhole! they are not worthy!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Airlines Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Airlines: How Much Capacity is Too Much Capacity? 5 hr One Leads To Another 1
To recline or not to recline 6 hr One Leads To Another 1
United Airlines to cut 1,300 Houston jobs (Jun '12) 7 hr Frequent Flyer 18
Flight Diverted When Passengers Feud Over Recli... 8 hr Keeps Happening 1
Click to read:Volcano Continues to Ground Air T... (Apr '10) Thu thomas 4
Cops called after fliers fight over seat recline Aug 26 Corporations Suck 1
United Airlines intros new safety video: Is it ... Aug 17 OldCapt 2
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••