United Union Warns Pilots on Sick Days as Carrier Sees Jump

Jun 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Washington Post

United Airlines pilots, who are pressing the company for a new contract, were warned by their union against misusing sick leave after the carrier noted an "abnormally high" rate of such reports.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Nomad

Trenton, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2012

Judged:

This article is giving me diarrhea...
Angry White United Pilot

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2012

Judged:

The management can go F themselves.

I'm calling in sick just before departure, so I can surf the internet and write articles on race.

I've got plenty of sick days available !
Angry Grandma

Long Beach, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

My grandson waited for two days in the Seattle airport because his United flt was "severely delayed" due to "waiting for crew". I thought weather was causing the problem.

If this story is true then why didn't United stop pretending to book flts that would then be "severely delayed". I spent hours on the phone trying to get him on a plane. With Debbie brewing in the Gulf, I was extrememly worried about his ability to get here at all. If I had known this chaos was all due to a "sick in" I would have booked him on another airline.

The whole episode was a horrible experience for our family, particularly my grandson.

The compensastion we were offered? a $20 food coupon that was rejected by the airport restaurant because it was coded incorrectly.

What a nightmare. No one in my family will be flying United any time soon. Hope Angry White Pilot and the rest of the crew who are calling in sick are not cutting off their noses to spite their faces.
justice

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2012

UA hire disgruntle overpaid dumb employees and its time to do some inhouse cleaning and start firing these jokers.
Angry White United Pilot

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2012

Judged:

justice wrote:
UA hire disgruntle overpaid dumb employees and its time to do some in house cleaning and start firing these jokers.
Did I remind you, I'm a minority! Your discriminating against me.
doofy

Warrenton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2012

Judged:

I like free chocolate CUPCAKES!!!
Smith Street Blues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2012

Judged:

I'd be real careful about eating chocolate anything handed out by management. It might be...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••