Northwest Flight Attendants Reject Cuts

Full story: The Associated Press

Northwest Airlines Corp. flight attendants rejected a pay cut package on Tuesday, setting up a possible showdown with the nation's fifth-largest carrier.
Comments
38,741 - 38,760 of 38,762 Comments Last updated Thursday Aug 14
Easy

San Antonio, TX

#39546 Jan 28, 2014
Buffy wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, my flying days might be over. After the twins (both boys btw) were born I had some complications. Hubby got a promotion. Keeping my fingers crossed for a buyout package.
Well.....so be it. The twins should give you good reason to cash in the flying career. From one who knows....CTS. You OK now? Congrads to HWM. Much luck with the buyout. Evah heah from ole Jet? Apparently the Witches of the North got buried in ice and snow.....and Dog....only God knows what happened to that boy. Nuthing from Steve on here in a long time. This thang is dying a slow death. But......we kept it alive far longer than most threads. Me and ole Brett are beginning get a little gray around the edges.....kinda shows character. TTFN.
Buffy

Cypress, TX

#39547 Jan 28, 2014
Easy wrote:
<quoted text>
Well.....so be it. The twins should give you good reason to cash in the flying career. From one who knows....CTS. You OK now? Congrads to HWM. Much luck with the buyout. Evah heah from ole Jet? Apparently the Witches of the North got buried in ice and snow.....and Dog....only God knows what happened to that boy. Nuthing from Steve on here in a long time. This thang is dying a slow death. But......we kept it alive far longer than most threads. Me and ole Brett are beginning get a little gray around the edges.....kinda shows character. TTFN.
Yes Jet, aka Liz, stopped by a few weeks ago. As always ALL the men in the room perked up and noticed when she entered the room (my living room) she looks good and her male friend is VERY nice and good looking and I gather they will not get married/live together. She is very busy with her farm and her other business ventures these days. Seems her granddaughter and she are selling some agri-products online and doing well. My two boys are identical in appearance but not in personality. One is a sweetheart and the other is kind of well...finicky at best. Love them both the same. I have about 4 more surgeries and I should be back up to speed. Hubby hired some help and she is a lifesaver. Wisheveryone the best but not sure if, or when I will get back on here. Take care. TTFN
Brown Sugar

San Antonio, TX

#39548 Jan 29, 2014
Buffy wrote:
<quoted text>Yes Jet, aka Liz, stopped by a few weeks ago. As always ALL the men in the room perked up and noticed when she entered the room (my living room) she looks good and her male friend is VERY nice and good looking and I gather they will not get married/live together. She is very busy with her farm and her other business ventures these days. Seems her granddaughter and she are selling some agri-products online and doing well. My two boys are identical in appearance but not in personality. One is a sweetheart and the other is kind of well...finicky at best. Love them both the same. I have about 4 more surgeries and I should be back up to speed. Hubby hired some help and she is a lifesaver. Wisheveryone the best but not sure if, or when I will get back on here. Take care. TTFN
Everyone at HBS sends kindest regards.....and hopes for your surgeries to be totally, and completely, successful. Life, marriage and raising a family gets hard at times. Hang in there and try to understand that all that banter on here, in the past, was done in JEST. No offense was EVER intended in ANY of those posts. May the wind always be at your back; and may the future hold happiness and great success. Thanks for the update. God bless. TTFN

“Hit the Red Knucklehead! ”

Since: Dec 06

Bangkok

#39549 Feb 4, 2014
Live., love, laugh!
Brown Sugar

San Antonio, TX

#39551 Feb 27, 2014
Buffy wrote:
<quoted text>Yes Jet, aka Liz, stopped by a few weeks ago. As always ALL the men in the room perked up and noticed when she entered the room (my living room) she looks good and her male friend is VERY nice and good looking and I gather they will not get married/live together. She is very busy with her farm and her other business ventures these days. Seems her granddaughter and she are selling some agri-products online and doing well. My two boys are identical in appearance but not in personality. One is a sweetheart and the other is kind of well...finicky at best. Love them both the same. I have about 4 more surgeries and I should be back up to speed. Hubby hired some help and she is a lifesaver. Wisheveryone the best but not sure if, or when I will get back on here. Take care. TTFN
Does Jet/aka Liz have a website? Take care. TTFN
Buffy

Cypress, TX

#39552 Feb 27, 2014
Brown Sugar wrote:
<quoted text>
Does Jet/aka Liz have a website? Take care. TTFN
Yes they do, but not sure where they are located, or the name, sorry. I know they do some farmers markets and the granddaughter's husband used to work for Pat Green?!? Not sure who that is. Jet adores the guy her granddaughter ended up married to and loves the family. They are from Houston. I would love to get out and go to the Farmers Market but hubby is traveling and I am STILL out on leave.
Brown Sugar

San Antonio, TX

#39553 Mar 1, 2014
Buffy wrote:
<quoted text>Yes they do, but not sure where they are located, or the name, sorry. I know they do some farmers markets and the granddaughter's husband used to work for Pat Green?!? Not sure who that is. Jet adores the guy her granddaughter ended up married to and loves the family. They are from Houston. I would love to get out and go to the Farmers Market but hubby is traveling and I am STILL out on leave.
Thanks. EM-1 loves farmers' markets.......and pushes veggies at me constantly. None visited since transition to SATX. When you see/hear from Old Jet, please let her know that EM-1 will be in the market for fresh veggies at a farmers market north, west and east of the new digs. We both have some concerns regarding the produce from beyond our borders. Stay healthy. TTFN.

Bangkok

#39555 Mar 9, 2014
This used to be a great thread, what happened?

Hey, that A380 is pretty bad-ass!
Brown Sugar

San Antonio, TX

#39556 Mar 11, 2014
http://www.wimp.com/approachlanding/

TRY THIS.....hope it works.....if not....regrets.

Bangkok

#39557 Mar 11, 2014
It worked, thanks.

Bangkok

#39560 Mar 17, 2014
Nice weathe in Dubai for a change.
Brown Sugar

San Antonio, TX

#39561 Mar 30, 2014
Robbin Marks wrote:
Nice weathe in Dubai for a change.
Unusually nice weather here in paradise.....80 degrees in bright sunshine with low humidity and almost no wind. It just does not get much better than that. Too bad for Fs and ECG; and all those in the deep freeze in cold country. Eat your hearts out! CTS.

Bangkok

#39562 Apr 8, 2014
How 'bout that B787?
Brown Sugar

San Antonio, TX

#39563 Apr 8, 2014
Robbin Marks wrote:
How 'bout that B787?
Love it! Hoping the proposed B797 gets off the ground and makes the A380 look like something from the distant past.

Bangkok

#39564 Apr 11, 2014
Haven't heard of the B797.
Brown Sugar

San Antonio, TX

#39565 Apr 11, 2014
Robbin Marks wrote:
Haven't heard of the B797.
Had pics and specs from two different sources recently. Hope Boeing gets it in production.
Brown Sugar

San Antonio, TX

#39568 May 12, 2014
Lem Johns won't be down for breakfast ever again. May he rest in peace. Another of the good guys gone, but not forgotten. His legacy will endure for decades. RIP Lem Johns.
Brown Sugar

San Antonio, TX

#39569 May 23, 2014
Have a great Memorial Day; and try to remember who made this possible.
Brown Sugar

San Antonio, TX

#39570 Jun 25, 2014
Old Jetbag wrote:
<quoted text>Nope nice and green here all my pasture looks wonderful, no damage. Been busy as a bee and loving EVERY minute of it!!!!! TTFN!
Need good, fresh veggies. Any chance you et al might have same? TTFN
Brown Sugar

San Antonio, TX

#39573 Tuesday Aug 5

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Airlines Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United Airlines intros new safety video: Is it ... Sun FliesALot 3
Airlines: How Much Capacity is Too Much Capacity? Aug 29 One Leads To Another 1
To recline or not to recline Aug 29 One Leads To Another 1
United Airlines to cut 1,300 Houston jobs (Jun '12) Aug 29 Frequent Flyer 18
Flight Diverted When Passengers Feud Over Recli... Aug 29 Keeps Happening 1
Click to read:Volcano Continues to Ground Air T... (Apr '10) Aug 28 thomas 4
Cops called after fliers fight over seat recline Aug 26 Corporations Suck 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••