Northwest Flight Attendants Reject Cuts

Northwest Flight Attendants Reject Cuts

There are 38799 comments on the The Associated Press story from Jun 6, 2006, titled Northwest Flight Attendants Reject Cuts . In it, The Associated Press reports that:

Northwest Airlines Corp. flight attendants rejected a pay cut package on Tuesday, setting up a possible showdown with the nation's fifth-largest carrier.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Associated Press.

Buffy

Cypress, TX

#39455 Feb 26, 2013
Easy=Col. Sanders/Cpt. Crunch. All the same.
Buffy

Cypress, TX

#39456 Feb 26, 2013
Easy wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny story, but that WAS NOT me. Are you certain that was not your cowboy? Did you have your spetacles on at the time? I don't much care for HEB. I'm a Walmart kinda guy where prices are far cheaper for the same stuff. I try to steer clear of Costco, HEB and Target. Status-minded suckers shop at those places and pay about 40% more for the privilege.....and of course the status. CTS.
Walmart?!?!? Oh that speaks volumes, I am sure you are in the photos along with Elmyra of the Walmart people. I seem to recall you singing accolades about HEB some time back! A new one was built out here in Farfield, I tried it on your recommendation and even, Jet's and found it to be quite nice. Now that you dislike it, I must be shopping at the right place! Giggles!
Easy

New Braunfels, TX

#39457 Feb 26, 2013
Buffy wrote:
Easy=Col. Sanders/Cpt. Crunch. All the same.
Thot HEB had only those tiny little Pantry stores in the Houston area? The large HEB Plus stores are around heah, apparently very popular with the "status-minded" crowd. Visited one on weekend some time back......total chaos.....nevah again. It appears they are trying to out-do Walmart in this area; and at least making a dent locally with those biggee stores....and the status-minded. I pass thru the Costco parking lot to get to Walmart at times when supplies are needed. Guess ole Jet is on her roof this morning.....replacing shingles blown off yesterday by the unusually high winds. Surely, her cowboy threw in the towel, mounted up, and departed quite some ago. So, what kinda baby-hauler didja get? Just curiosity, nothing more. I failed to make the Walmartians' pics being circulated arouind the Internet, but feel certain Jet, Motty, Fs, Slim and CH/Dog made the cut. Those guys would nevah admit it, but my guess is that they sneak in Walmart and take advantage of those super good prices; and the friendly, competent sales staff found at each and every Walmart. CTS.

“Here we go again! ”

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#39458 Feb 27, 2013
Easy wrote:
<quoted text>
Thot HEB had only those tiny little Pantry stores in the Houston area? The large HEB Plus stores are around heah, apparently very popular with the "status-minded" crowd. Visited one on weekend some time back......total chaos.....nevah again. It appears they are trying to out-do Walmart in this area; and at least making a dent locally with those biggee stores....and the status-minded. I pass thru the Costco parking lot to get to Walmart at times when supplies are needed. Guess ole Jet is on her roof this morning.....replacing shingles blown off yesterday by the unusually high winds. Surely, her cowboy threw in the towel, mounted up, and departed quite some ago. So, what kinda baby-hauler didja get? Just curiosity, nothing more. I failed to make the Walmartians' pics being circulated arouind the Internet, but feel certain Jet, Motty, Fs, Slim and CH/Dog made the cut. Those guys would nevah admit it, but my guess is that they sneak in Walmart and take advantage of those super good prices; and the friendly, competent sales staff found at each and every Walmart. CTS.
No I had a good builder that put a very nice roof on my home. I do not live in a trailer. No Cowboy is FINE, busy with his work, I see him daily when the sun comes up and before it goes down. You know HEB has opened some new stores, you should stop in one with Miss Ellie and check it out. I have NEVER cared for Walmart, too many items from China, too few checkouts open, overworked and underpaid surly staff and I do not like my tax dollars providing their employees with food stamps and welfare to take advantage of the lowest paid retail wages, jobs with few if ANY benefits. Have a good day Brown Sugar or Easy or whatever you go by these days. TTFN,
Easy

New Braunfels, TX

#39460 Feb 28, 2013
Old Jetbag wrote:
<quoted text>No I had a good builder that put a very nice roof on my home. I do not live in a trailer. No Cowboy is FINE, busy with his work, I see him daily when the sun comes up and before it goes down. You know HEB has opened some new stores, you should stop in one with Miss Ellie and check it out. I have NEVER cared for Walmart, too many items from China, too few checkouts open, overworked and underpaid surly staff and I do not like my tax dollars providing their employees with food stamps and welfare to take advantage of the lowest paid retail wages, jobs with few if ANY benefits. Have a good day Brown Sugar or Easy or whatever you go by these days. TTFN,
Been to two different HEBs since returning to the hills......not for me......paying 40% more for the privilege chaps my rear end somewhat. However, I applaud HEB for offering a lot of local stuff (Hill Country Fair), but the prices really suck when compared to Walmart/Sam's. The wind darn near blew us away the other day; and even up-rooted a bunch of shingles on the homes/trailers in my park. Did you have to use Super Glue to keep you removeable scalp in place? No offense. You gotta do what you gotta do to keep up appearances. CTS.

“Here we go again! ”

Location hidden

#39461 Feb 28, 2013
I have my own hair "Easy" in fact I have not worn a "scalp" for several moons now. Once in a while on a special occasion but that is about it. Yes, the wind did blow quite a bit and and stir up the dust, but the main house, the pool house, casitas, and barn are fine, I did notice today that I appear to have a crack in a window in e potting shed I had not seen, but that is about it. Some fruit trees lost some limbs and a pot or too took a spill and some sediment in the pool. Otherwise unscathed. I do most of my major shopping when I head to Austin, that may explain why I do not get bent out of shape on the price, a little more competition there. Still love it out here and Cowboy and I enjoy our evening cocktails by the fire pit outside and each others company by the fire inside. Say "Hi!" To Miss Ellie for me! TTFN
Buffy

Cypress, TX

#39462 Mar 1, 2013
Easy wrote:
<quoted text>
Been to two different HEBs since returning to the hills......not for me......paying 40% more for the privilege chaps my rear end somewhat. However, I applaud HEB for offering a lot of local stuff (Hill Country Fair), but the prices really suck when compared to Walmart/Sam's. The wind darn near blew us away the other day; and even up-rooted a bunch of shingles on the homes/trailers in my park. Did you have to use Super Glue to keep you removeable scalp in place? No offense. You gotta do what you gotta do to keep up appearances. CTS.
Well, I LOVE my local HEB, and the friendly staff! So "EASY" how do you feel about this 'guvment shutdown? My neighbor is in the CIA, guards Bush senior and Babs in fact, was about to buy a new family vehicle and has decided against it, now with things as they are. He even Asked if I am fond of my "baby-hauler"! Wish I knew, I cannot drive until after the boys are born. I see many others reeling in the spending again, not unlike four years ago. Also it would appear as if McCain wants to train Syria, not unlike what we did for Afghanistan, you can argue the point, but I am almost willing to bet we will end up with another war-torn anti-western nation bent on our destruction. I guess that is where are tax dollars are best spent huh? Have a great weekend. No giggles.....
Easy

New Braunfels, TX

#39463 Mar 4, 2013
Buffy wrote:
<quoted text>Well, I LOVE my local HEB, and the friendly staff! So "EASY" how do you feel about this 'guvment shutdown? My neighbor is in the CIA, guards Bush senior and Babs in fact, was about to buy a new family vehicle and has decided against it, now with things as they are. He even Asked if I am fond of my "baby-hauler"! Wish I knew, I cannot drive until after the boys are born. I see many others reeling in the spending again, not unlike four years ago. Also it would appear as if McCain wants to train Syria, not unlike what we did for Afghanistan, you can argue the point, but I am almost willing to bet we will end up with another war-torn anti-western nation bent on our destruction. I guess that is where are tax dollars are best spent huh? Have a great weekend. No giggles.....
I, somehow, thought Secret Service took care of ex-presidents security, including Bush. Ya sure this guy is what he says he is? No argument here.....McCain and I disagree about what to do, or NOT to do, regarding Syria. From where I sit, it appears we need to keep our fingers out of that Middle East pie. Look at the results thus far. Way too much mis-info regarding the shutdown.....a lot of smoke and foul, hot air. CTS.
Easy

New Braunfels, TX

#39464 Mar 4, 2013
Old Jetbag wrote:
I have my own hair "Easy" in fact I have not worn a "scalp" for several moons now. Once in a while on a special occasion but that is about it. Yes, the wind did blow quite a bit and and stir up the dust, but the main house, the pool house, casitas, and barn are fine, I did notice today that I appear to have a crack in a window in e potting shed I had not seen, but that is about it. Some fruit trees lost some limbs and a pot or too took a spill and some sediment in the pool. Otherwise unscathed. I do most of my major shopping when I head to Austin, that may explain why I do not get bent out of shape on the price, a little more competition there. Still love it out here and Cowboy and I enjoy our evening cocktails by the fire pit outside and each others company by the fire inside. Say "Hi!" To Miss Ellie for me! TTFN
Miss Ellie says don't mess with her man. CTS
Buffy

Cypress, TX

#39465 Mar 4, 2013
Easy wrote:
<quoted text>
I, somehow, thought Secret Service took care of ex-presidents security, including Bush. Ya sure this guy is what he says he is? No argument here.....McCain and I disagree about what to do, or NOT to do, regarding Syria. From where I sit, it appears we need to keep our fingers out of that Middle East pie. Look at the results thus far. Way too much mis-info regarding the shutdown.....a lot of smoke and foul, hot air. CTS.
On this we agree! Yes, he is a agent, in the secret service, it is all spook stuff to me, just different initials. Write that one in the history books we actually agree on the Middle East! I have no desire to send another generation there to die in the sand for no good reason.
Easy

New Braunfels, TX

#39466 Mar 5, 2013
Buffy wrote:
<quoted text>On this we agree! Yes, he is a agent, in the secret service, it is all spook stuff to me, just different initials. Write that one in the history books we actually agree on the Middle East! I have no desire to send another generation there to die in the sand for no good reason.
Ask if he knows Mike Merritt.
Easy

New Braunfels, TX

#39467 Mar 5, 2013
Buffy wrote:
<quoted text>On this we agree! Yes, he is a agent, in the secret service, it is all spook stuff to me, just different initials. Write that one in the history books we actually agree on the Middle East! I have no desire to send another generation there to die in the sand for no good reason.
And one more thang, when you speak to Ole Jet, please ask her to turn off her big fan up there, the wind from that thang is becoming a nuisance,'bout to blow us away down heah. CTS
Easy

New Braunfels, TX

#39468 Mar 5, 2013
Old Jetbag wrote:
Cowboy says: "Let me have 3 packs of condoms, please."

Cashier says: "Do you need a bag for that, sir?"

Cowboy says: "Nah.....she's purdy good lookin'."
dirtydog

Round Rock, TX

#39469 Mar 5, 2013
Easy wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice!
East Coast Girl

Malden, MA

#39470 Mar 6, 2013
With regrets Hugo Chavez will not be down to breakfast. Go ahead Sugs put the black band on your arm for solidarity of oil companies of the world.

“Here we go again! ”

Location hidden

#39471 Mar 6, 2013
Easy wrote:
<quoted text>
Old Brown Sugar aka Easy and his gal Miss Ellie walk into the hospital. The Doctor says to the old man, "I'll need a urine sample, a feces sample, and a blood sample. " The old man seeming confused, and hard at hearing, says "What?!?!?"So the doctor yells"I'LL NEED A URINE SAMPLE, A FECES SAMPLE, AND A BLOOD SAMPLE!"With that Miss Ellie turns and says"He needs a pair of your underwear!"

“Here we go again! ”

Location hidden

#39472 Mar 6, 2013
Easy wrote:
<quoted text>
Miss Ellie says don't mess with her man. CTS
Cowboy says "Don't mess with his girl!"

“Here we go again! ”

Location hidden

#39473 Mar 6, 2013
Easy wrote:
<quoted text>
And one more thang, when you speak to Ole Jet, please ask her to turn off her big fan up there, the wind from that thang is becoming a nuisance,'bout to blow us away down heah. CTS
I was going to ask you to lay off the BEANS!
Brown Sugar

New Braunfels, TX

#39474 Mar 6, 2013
East Coast Girl wrote:
With regrets Hugo Chavez will not be down to breakfast. Go ahead Sugs put the black band on your arm for solidarity of oil companies of the world.
No regrets heah.......and NO black bands.....simply GOOD RIDDANCE. Condolences for Fs (aka Leona). Who knows, ole Leona may find it easier to persuade HC's GED educated replacement to continue providing her with free heating oil each winter. Can't help but ponder.....how many fools will, or have, used Castro's (Cuba's) fine medical services for cancer treatment. My guess is ole Hugo would still be alive, and well, had he been treated in Houston. How long has it been since you and Leona has had a glimpse of the sun? Bettah put some D-3 in the cauldron. Other than being A LITTLE breezy, the weathah down heah is purt neah perfect for this time of year. CTS. TTFN.
Brown Sugar

New Braunfels, TX

#39475 Mar 6, 2013
Old Jetbag wrote:
<quoted text>Cowboy says "Don't mess with his girl!"
Fun-eeeee stuff. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Airlines Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Boeing acknowledges MOM growing too big! Nov 16 Prospective Pax 2
News How a "booby trapped" audition handed Jason Mom... Nov 16 chinaclipper1 1
Is Boeing going to price NEW 767s at A321 NEO ... Nov 7 Boeing A310 2
News Police: Tucson man arrested after shoving fligh... Oct 26 Hello 4
News Lesbian couple sues airline, claiming discrimin... Oct 23 Chevyman 2
News United Airlines Outlook - Analysts Say 'Good En... Oct '17 Chris 1
Is Airbus a A319 an orphan project now? Oct '17 Airshow 1
More from around the web