Northwest Flight Attendants Reject Cuts

Northwest Flight Attendants Reject Cuts

There are 38802 comments on the The Associated Press story from Jun 6, 2006, titled Northwest Flight Attendants Reject Cuts . In it, The Associated Press reports that:

Northwest Airlines Corp. flight attendants rejected a pay cut package on Tuesday, setting up a possible showdown with the nation's fifth-largest carrier.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Associated Press.

dirtydog

Round Rock, TX

#39211 Dec 15, 2012
Toad wrote:
DAL buys 49% Virgin Atlantic moving to # 2 @ H'Thro. Sandy slows down DAL new pipeline of jet fuel but still expected to be fully operational in time for Spring 13 and able to lower the AL's fuel bill by 16% and still turn profit by selling fuel to others and selling bottom fuel than can not be kerosene vapor to vendors for plastics et all. Record profits expecting to hit 1.9 billion w/ record payout to employees profit share. Employees see pay raise 3 times in 13 mos. On time performance increases to 96%. Baggage complaints down 87%. Top Tier rank #3. Voted Best Biz Class service worldwide. JFK/LGA terminal projects on time or ahead of project and under budget. The purchase of USAir slots @ LGA increase profit margin by 11%. DAL increasing flts to Asia out of LAX,SEA,SFO.
Yeah it heard to believe this is the same R.A. that ruined NWA.
Easy

Harwood, TX

#39212 Dec 16, 2012
dirtydog wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah it heard to believe this is the same R.A. that ruined NWA.
Turkeys like you; and the tail wagging the dog took NWA out. CTS
dirtydog

Austin, TX

#39213 Dec 16, 2012
Easy wrote:
<quoted text>
Turkeys like you; and the tail wagging the dog took NWA out. CTS
Nope, you could not be farther from the truth.
Toad

São Paulo, Brazil

#39214 Dec 16, 2012
dirtydog wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, you could not be farther from the truth.
Well is wasn't Richard Anderson. When he took the position @ DAL an overwhelming number of NWA folks told us how lucky we are and that Richard pulled over and got NWA 1billion in credit the morn of 911 keeping the operations cash flow. Rewriting history is fools work. Especially when you can see the difference @ DAL every day.
Toad

São Paulo, Brazil

#39215 Dec 16, 2012
Toad wrote:
<quoted text>
Well is wasn't Richard Anderson. When he took the position @ DAL an overwhelming number of NWA folks told us how lucky we are and that Richard pulled over and got NWA 1billion in credit the morn of 911 keeping the operations cash flow. Rewriting history is fools work. Especially when you can see the difference @ DAL every day.
Delta was honored as the Best Domestic Airline at the Travel Weekly Reader’s Choice Awards gala at the Plaza Hotel in New York on Thursday evening, the publication announced.

The awards recognize travel suppliers that have excelled in product and service during the past year as voted on by the readers of Travel Weekly. Readers nominate companies in the first round and leading vote recipients are identified as finalists. Voting on finalists took place this fall, Travel Weekly said.

"These awards identify the industry's finest," said Arnie Weissmann, Travel Weekly's editor in chief. "The professionals who read and rely on Travel Weekly have the expertise to select those businesses, destinations and hotels that provide a higher level of service to their clients. Our readers can be confidet nthat these winners represent the best this industry has to offer."

Winners were selected in 59 travel-related categories. Delta’s new partner Virgin Atlantic took home the award for the Best International Airline.
Buffy

Cypress, TX

#39216 Dec 17, 2012
dirtydog wrote:
<quoted text>
No piercings nor tats. But I bet you got one your rear end that says "Pay as You Enter"!!!!! oh, LOL!!!!
That just made me throw up a little in my mouth! Brown Mess aka Easy and Sleazy with a tramp stamp. Probably got it in the military overseas, which may explain that "virus"! Giggles! Only BS!
Buffy

Cypress, TX

#39217 Dec 17, 2012
Toad wrote:
<quoted text>
Delta was honored as the Best Domestic Airline at the Travel Weekly Reader’s Choice Awards gala at the Plaza Hotel in New York on Thursday evening, the publication announced.
The awards recognize travel suppliers that have excelled in product and service during the past year as voted on by the readers of Travel Weekly. Readers nominate companies in the first round and leading vote recipients are identified as finalists. Voting on finalists took place this fall, Travel Weekly said.
"These awards identify the industry's finest," said Arnie Weissmann, Travel Weekly's editor in chief. "The professionals who read and rely on Travel Weekly have the expertise to select those businesses, destinations and hotels that provide a higher level of service to their clients. Our readers can be confidet nthat these winners represent the best this industry has to offer."
Winners were selected in 59 travel-related categories. Delta’s new partner Virgin Atlantic took home the award for the Best International Airline.
So if things are so "GREAT" why ring the Union bell? Especially now? Just curious. I really can't see it happening at DAL. Not now.
dirtydog

Round Rock, TX

#39218 Dec 17, 2012
Sleazy Easy, here is one that will send you over edge.

I do believe this is the Tipping Point for real gun control in this country, and would not be surprised to see Republicans actually lead on it. They needs something to lead on that actually works. The 2nd Amendment was written in the days of very slow firing, inaccurate and unreliable flint locks, not even the later more efficient rifled percussion caps. If the 2nd Amendment crowd wants to take the 2nd literal, than limit it to the technology at that time.

Now SE, don't get all mad and call me a limp wristed Liberal, and I will not call you a Log Cabin Republican, but when this happens, do not blame the Liberals, the Democrats and the anti gun crowd. The blame is squarely on the shoulders of the crazies that do this.

When rights/privileges are abused by the few, the authorities removes those rights/privileges for everyone. Remember when we could drink a beer and drive in this state? Or it is like the park that I am fixin to take the doggies too. Pretty soon, since so many people refuse to pick up their dogs' poop, the authorities will soon prohibit any dogs there.

Oh, I have guns too.

Please reply with some intelligence for a change.
Toad

Atlanta, GA

#39219 Dec 17, 2012
Buffy wrote:
<quoted text>So if things are so "GREAT" why ring the Union bell? Especially now? Just curious. I really can't see it happening at DAL. Not now.
One of the largest FA populations in the world needs a good support group a la IAM. To be pro representation has nothing to do w/ being anti Mgmt. The 1st campaign was to rid our merged group of the worst of the worst, AFA. Now, as a single group we can focus on our futures, not our past.
dirtydog

Round Rock, TX

#39220 Dec 17, 2012
Today I heard on Jeff Ward's KLBJ radio show the idea of increase security, i.e police, at all schools incluiding elementary schools. Of course this will cause an increase in property taxes, and being that Republicans are always promoting use for pay services, I have an idea. Instead increase property taxes at large for this, we should tax the ammunition and the products used for reloading to the point to pay for all of the increased expenditures.

Think of it as a Toll Ammo.
dirtydog

Round Rock, TX

#39221 Dec 17, 2012
I also listened to the Big Fat Idiot today, aka Rush Limbaugh, talk about the differences in firearms. Neither he, nor his call in could correctly distinguish the differences between semi automatic and non semi automatic firearms, totally disregarding the mechanism of pump action guns, which is not surprising since whenever he talks of mechanical/technical things,he gets it wrong such as his misunderstanding of areodynamics. But he knows what he is talking about because he owns one. Not!
dirtydog

Round Rock, TX

#39223 Dec 18, 2012
Toad wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the largest FA populations in the world needs a good support group a la IAM. To be pro representation has nothing to do w/ being anti Mgmt. The 1st campaign was to rid our merged group of the worst of the worst, AFA. Now, as a single group we can focus on our futures, not our past.
Are you promoting the IAM Lazy Union?
Easy

Harwood, TX

#39224 Dec 18, 2012
dirtydog wrote:
Sleazy Easy, here is one that will send you over edge.
I do believe this is the Tipping Point for real gun control in this country, and would not be surprised to see Republicans actually lead on it. They needs something to lead on that actually works. The 2nd Amendment was written in the days of very slow firing, inaccurate and unreliable flint locks, not even the later more efficient rifled percussion caps. If the 2nd Amendment crowd wants to take the 2nd literal, than limit it to the technology at that time.
Now SE, don't get all mad and call me a limp wristed Liberal, and I will not call you a Log Cabin Republican, but when this happens, do not blame the Liberals, the Democrats and the anti gun crowd. The blame is squarely on the shoulders of the crazies that do this.
When rights/privileges are abused by the few, the authorities removes those rights/privileges for everyone. Remember when we could drink a beer and drive in this state? Or it is like the park that I am fixin to take the doggies too. Pretty soon, since so many people refuse to pick up their dogs' poop, the authorities will soon prohibit any dogs there.
Oh, I have guns too.
Please reply with some intelligence for a change.
Kinda hard to reply with intelligence to a diatribe totally lacking in intelligence. CTS. But.....as a free American, I do fear that the carnage created by that kid in Newtown will have serious adverse affects on our freedoms; and our ability to protect ourselved from nut cases and criminals. It IS the crazies, not the guns, that is the problem. We have all seen our freedoms eroded over the past few years. It is difficult to see where anything has improved as a result. More criminals were manufactured thru the enactment of new, many times rediculous, laws and regulations; and more LE officers were trained and hired; and STATISTICS (??) show some improvements in criminal activity, in some areas, but we all know about statistics, do we not? I keep coming back to the break down in the family in this country; and the materialistic ways of way too many people, to the nearly total disregard for the care, guidance, supervision, training and concern for raising children properly. I believe the 2nd Amendment is good for our country in spite of the rash of shootings in recent times. My sincere hope is that reason will prevail as this is analyzed. I am not a member of the NRA, but I do support many of their aims related to the 2nd Amendment.
dirtydog

Round Rock, TX

#39225 Dec 18, 2012
Easy wrote:
<quoted text>
Kinda hard to reply with intelligence to a diatribe totally lacking in intelligence. CTS. But.....as a free American, I do fear that the carnage created by that kid in Newtown will have serious adverse affects on our freedoms; and our ability to protect ourselved from nut cases and criminals. It IS the crazies, not the guns, that is the problem. We have all seen our freedoms eroded over the past few years. It is difficult to see where anything has improved as a result. More criminals were manufactured thru the enactment of new, many times rediculous, laws and regulations; and more LE officers were trained and hired; and STATISTICS (??) show some improvements in criminal activity, in some areas, but we all know about statistics, do we not? I keep coming back to the break down in the family in this country; and the materialistic ways of way too many people, to the nearly total disregard for the care, guidance, supervision, training and concern for raising children properly. I believe the 2nd Amendment is good for our country in spite of the rash of shootings in recent times. My sincere hope is that reason will prevail as this is analyzed. I am not a member of the NRA, but I do support many of their aims related to the 2nd Amendment.
Not too bad, but our rights started to be eroded after b43/911. I stopped in at McBride's' today. I went to school with Joyce. It was really, really busy. Got to stock on ammo tomorrow.
Easy

Harwood, TX

#39226 Dec 20, 2012
dirtydog wrote:
<quoted text>
Not too bad, but our rights started to be eroded after b43/911. I stopped in at McBride's' today. I went to school with Joyce. It was really, really busy. Got to stock on ammo tomorrow.
The pendulum swung too far.....as is usually the case when it comes to politicians doing what they feel is best for the country, but nearly always best for only themselves. Guns and ammo are literally flying off the shelves in this area. Ammo for so-called assault weapons has been bought up.....so I'm told. Hope you had luck getting stocked up. Oh, our rights/freedoms really began to go down the toilet when BC was elected. Remember the ban on assault weapons that proved NOTHING; and was later lifted. Law abiding people always suffer the consequences when the idiots in DC over-react to pressure from the left-leaning, ultra liberal news media. I sincerely hope no further curbs are placed on the possession and ownership of firearms/ammo by law abiding, taxpaying citizens of this country. Murry Xmas! CTS
Easy

Harwood, TX

#39228 Dec 23, 2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup...

Merry Christmas all......CTS
Buffy

Cypress, TX

#39229 Dec 23, 2012
Easy wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch_p opup?v=MZ35SOU9HTM
Merry Christmas all......CTS
? Drunk much?
ECG

Malden, MA

#39230 Dec 24, 2012
Merry Christmas friends and foes! LTA and I headin up to Go's country Vermont for Christmas. Looking forward to peppermint martini and cheers with good friends. Merry...Merry...Merry...Ho...H o...Ho! 0:)
dirtydog

Round Rock, TX

#39231 Dec 25, 2012
Easy wrote:
<quoted text>
The pendulum swung too far.....as is usually the case when it comes to politicians doing what they feel is best for the country, but nearly always best for only themselves. Guns and ammo are literally flying off the shelves in this area. Ammo for so-called assault weapons has been bought up.....so I'm told. Hope you had luck getting stocked up. Oh, our rights/freedoms really began to go down the toilet when BC was elected. Remember the ban on assault weapons that proved NOTHING; and was later lifted. Law abiding people always suffer the consequences when the idiots in DC over-react to pressure from the left-leaning, ultra liberal news media. I sincerely hope no further curbs are placed on the possession and ownership of firearms/ammo by law abiding, taxpaying citizens of this country. Murry Xmas! CTS
The law was endorsed,lobbied for and would not have passed if not for your Right Wing God known as Reagan. He got many Gopers to vote for it. Bush41 was pro gun control when he was Rep from HOU in the 60s. That's the fact jack!

“Hit the Red Knucklehead! ”

Since: Dec 06

Bangkok

#39233 Dec 28, 2012
ECG wrote:
Merry Christmas friends and foes! LTA and I headin up to Go's country Vermont for Christmas. Looking forward to peppermint martini and cheers with good friends. Merry...Merry...Merry...Ho...H o...Ho! 0:)
Merry Christmas Doll!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Airlines Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Weird 34 mins ago 1:10 p.m.Man strips, drives p... Fri Christsharians on... 7
Why did Muslim people Aug 18 OldCapt 2
News Delta Air Lines flights resumed after 'system-w... Aug 10 Blink 3
Stock indexes listless, remain close to record ... Jul '16 Collins 1
U.S. Stocks Retreat From All-Time Highs Amid Ea... Jul '16 Collins 1
Southwest shares fall after airline cites weak ... Jul '16 Collins 1
News United Fined as 'Chairman's Flight' Snags Allie... Jul '16 louie H 1
More from around the web