News Summary: AMR swings to 4Q profit of $262M

Jan 16, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Lexington Herald-Leader

AMERICAN TURNAROUND: American Airlines parent AMR Corp. reported fourth-quarter net income of $262 million, bouncing back from a loss of $1.1 billion a year ago.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5

Since: May 08

Santee CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Taking another 1.8 billions from employess was he cure all.... I feel better now...
However, The Associated Press tempers the news somewhat, writing that "one-time gains such as an income tax benefit helped. Without those, AMR said Wednesday that it would have lost $88 million. Revenue ticked down to $5.94 billion from $5.96 billion a year earlier."

OOPS... nevermind
Real US Airways - AWA

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

So nothing has changed, if the lucky income tax return wasn't happening, AMR would still be producing the same -NEGATIVE revenue...

it clear the leadership there lacks creativity and only sees fixes to loss of revenue by cutting the backs of it workforce to offset such losses...while Horton teams reap gainful benefits for doing a good or bad job.

I want a job like that.

Santee CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Real US Airways - AWA wrote:
So nothing has changed, if the lucky income tax return wasn't happening, AMR would still be producing the same -NEGATIVE revenue...
it clear the leadership there lacks creativity and only sees fixes to loss of revenue by cutting the backs of it workforce to offset such losses...while Horton teams reap gainful benefits for doing a good or bad job.
I want a job like that.
That's the AA story.. Lose money every quater, receive retention bonuses to keep the "talent" in place... Now Horton came back. The "talent" retired with huge payouts and life time F class flight priviledge (yes they can bump a revenue passenger). Once AA emerges from BK there will be a payout for that. Now there will be talks with his buddy Doug. Now that the judge and creditors are out of the way there will be consulting fees to help steady the merger process. The pie will have less hands asking for pieces, therfore the pieces can be larger
nats

Winston Salem, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

When you stop paying creditors in BR there should be huge profits. Bankruptcy is immoral the way courts cheat the creditors and reward failure. All but a few Airlines have done it. I don't like DP, but he is an excellent manager. I think the creditors like what he is able to do. This is a chess game between DP and Toho.

Santee CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

nats wrote:
When you stop paying creditors in BR there should be huge profits. Bankruptcy is immoral the way courts cheat the creditors and reward failure. All but a few Airlines have done it. I don't like DP, but he is an excellent manager. I think the creditors like what he is able to do. This is a chess game between DP and Toho.
Ironically corporate BK ruins the lives of many of the employees who then file personal BK. The difference is corpoate BK you get investors a cash influx. You can also go as often as you need too. The employee can't go again for 10 years. Gets offered secured credit cards or cards they have to pay huge annual fes and 35% plus interest rates on. The employee may also have a hard time finding a place to rent because the BK looks bad to property managers. Oh and the managers that ran the companies so poorly they had to go BK get to keep thier jobs, and will get a bonus for guiding the compnay thru the process. Think maybe there needs to be BK law reform... I do

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••