Sick Obese Woman Denied Flights Home,...

Sick Obese Woman Denied Flights Home, Dies Abroad

There are 5 comments on the WJCW-AM Gray story from Nov 27, 2012, titled Sick Obese Woman Denied Flights Home, Dies Abroad. In it, WJCW-AM Gray reports that:

The death of a 407-pound woman after being denied boarding on three flights was "preventable," according to an attorney for the woman's husband, who plans to pursue legal action against three airlines.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WJCW-AM Gray.

Pro pilot

Amherst, NH

#1 Nov 27, 2012
It's not a damned air ambulance. If you have issues like that buy travel insurance. I'm sure greyhound doesn't have sky cranes either.
steve

Bedford, VA

#2 Nov 28, 2012
She should have not been traveling in the shape she was in. To blame the airline is absurd,the blame lies with someone who would allow herself to reach such a morbid case of obesity.
I have no sympathy for someone who gets to such a distorted size and causes so much trouble for other travelers.
Angry White United Pilot

United States

#3 Nov 29, 2012
steve wrote:
She should have not been traveling in the shape she was in. To blame the airline is absurd,the blame lies with someone who would allow herself to reach such a morbid case of obesity.
I have no sympathy for someone who gets to such a distorted size and causes so much trouble for other travelers.
Especially if they're Black!
steve

Bedford, VA

#4 Nov 30, 2012
Angry White United Pilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Especially if they're Black!
I never knew what race she was and that did not enter my mind, it was only her being over 400 pounds.
AK Kat

United States

#5 Dec 17, 2012
I blame her husband, he should have gotten her medical care instead of making her wait at the airport. She probably would have died on the plane if they had gotten her on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Airlines Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UPDATE 1-U.S. finalizes Havana routes to 8 airl... 1 hr Hostis Publicus 5
Is Boeing too late with the 757 Replacement? Tue Trijeter 3
News Weird 34 mins ago 1:10 p.m.Man strips, drives p... Tue Gov Corbutt of th... 9
News Southwest Reaches Agreement in Principle on Pil... Tue bjrba 1
Why did Muslim people Aug 18 OldCapt 2
News Delta Air Lines flights resumed after 'system-w... Aug 10 Blink 3
Stock indexes listless, remain close to record ... Jul '16 Collins 1
More from around the web