FedEx caps traditional pension, switches to cash balance plan

Full story: WBIR Knoxville

FedEx Corporation of Memphis announced today it will cap the traditional pension plan in place for most of its employees.
Comments
41 - 49 of 49 Comments Last updated Apr 3, 2014
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Wondering

Nashville, TN

#43 May 4, 2012
I worked for Fedex for about 5 and a half years and quit about 18 years ago. For a while, I got pension statements, but haven't gotten anything in maybe 10-12 years.

I realize it's my responsibility to keep up with this pension, but I can't even figure out who to contact to get my address updated. Does my pension even still exist (granted, it wasn't much...but still)?

Any help/contact info would be appreciated. Thanks.
Colette Smith

Collierville, TN

#44 Jul 25, 2012
I have lost my home, my vehicle and am about to be evited. My pension wold help me at this time. However I am told that I cannot get anything until I am 55. I am now 48. Can anyone out there help?
THE RAIDER

Forest Hills, NY

#45 Sep 12, 2012
Colette Smith wrote:
I have lost my home, my vehicle and am about to be evited. My pension wold help me at this time. However I am told that I cannot get anything until I am 55. I am now 48. Can anyone out there help?
As Far as your pension...you can't touch your traditional pension until 55 and if you take it early, you will get less. If you have a 401k I believe you can take some of it out under certain conditions such as medical,education and what is called hardship withdrawal and being evicted would fall under that category.
As far as pension and retirement call (877) 963 - 3339 or for written inquires : FedEx Retirement Service Center;PO Box 980 Deerfield,IL 60015
laura randolph

Memphis, TN

#46 Dec 24, 2012
if when i leave fed ex. how does pension work. wil i be able t get it. im 45 at the time.
mike77

Sharon, MA

#47 Dec 26, 2012
brown sugar wrote:
im a manager and i would not give anyone a pension or benies i would give all the work to contractors, they work for less and fred smith do it .they cant do anything about it, now ups could cause they got a union . fred make everyone a contractor. hourly cant do anything about it .just do it ill laugh very hard . no union no voice fred thats why you dont have a union .profits 1st people last.ha ha ha!!!
Manager??? Really??? Then you should probably learn how to put a sentence together.
Jeremy

East Haven, CT

#48 Jan 6, 2013
Nuff Said wrote:
<quoted text>
This guy is in management? Where the hell did he go to skool ??
Nice punctuation.
Is that anything like school? Lol
No name

Akron, OH

#49 Feb 18, 2013
FedEx will never go union! I know from inside knowledge they have groups from management that meet to discuss how to keep union out. The members in these groups are kept secret from employees and if they get word your talking union....your out on your can!!!
imz

San Jose, CA

#50 Mar 22, 2013
bob wrote:
i worked 22 years at fedex and got terminated, will my penion be affected.
NO, being terminated will not affect your pension..you've
earned that...
a concerned courier

Newtonville, MA

#51 Apr 3, 2014
I've been at fdx for many of yrs and most if not all senior employees{25yrs up} worry about life after fdx because we all know the retirement that we get wont cover 1/4 of our living expenses...sure social security will help but working for 30-35 yrs at one place u would think it would be enough to make your retirement more comfortable...not at dx

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Air Courier Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Warning: 1,000 Retailers May Be At Risk To Hackers Aug 23 Here Is One 1
Cheap Lebron 11 South Beach Sale Online May '14 kd6liger210 1
UPS faces class-action ADA lawsuit over working... (Aug '07) Apr '14 vero 46
Individual Investor Portfolio Update: Rebalance... Apr '14 Philip Cohen 4
UPS Workers Protest Retaliatory Mass Firings Apr '14 Fact1 1
UPS lobbyist behind probe of rival FedEx (Jun '08) Mar '14 FedEx Express is ... 56
Getting a Job at UPS (Oct '06) Mar '14 YoungDude 537
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Air Courier People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••