The End of the Twinkie as we Know it ...

The End of the Twinkie as we Know it - Hostess to Close

There are 42 comments on the MethodShop story from Nov 16, 2012, titled The End of the Twinkie as we Know it - Hostess to Close. In it, MethodShop reports that:

Hostess is doing a pretty ballsy move. Instead of giving in to striking employees they are liquidating the company.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MethodShop.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Hostess Worker

Mokena, IL

#45 Dec 20, 2012
Dolly Worker wrote:
The Union won I hope they are happy. I didn't wand to win no job and no health care coverge. I hate to tell them but it is every dog for themselves now days. Yes they won alright. I worked everyday of the strike and I'd do it again. I hope they are right but what if they aren't? What if no one buys the plants and we don't go back to work. Yes they won!!!!
Here: http://www.topix.com/forum/com/ibc/TPR4P1NE9Q...

Take a look at that post & comment section from a couple of years ago by Hostess workers,(union employees) and read their concerns about how the company is being run at that time. They are wondering how the company can still operate in a few years with all the waste that was going on.

They (union workers) could see this coming and had major concerns about how the company was being run back then. This was all about waste!

Now lets all try to come back to today....And lets see if we can still blame the union workers for the Hostess demise. If they saw this coming years ago with valid questions, how can they be held responsible today?

If you are a union hater it`s simple. Ignore the writing on the wall (then) and blame the unions. It`s what happens. But it was plain as the day was clear who was at fault. Not a strike that brought a company down. Try mismanagement....
gonond

Masontown, PA

#46 Dec 22, 2012
youtube.com/watch... …
And a goodbye to Hostess

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Agriculture Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News USGBC Perspective: A Look at the Green Industri... Sep 6 Tembec 1
News Canadian business legend buys Hornepayne lumber... Sep 6 Tembec 1
Do You Know New Way to Peel the Soya by Soya Pe... Aug '16 joannabox 1
What Are the Advantages of Platform Grain Hulli... Aug '16 joannabox 1
How to Control Grain Peeling Machine Energy Con... Aug '16 joannabox 1
Grain Hulling Machine Working Principle and Met... Aug '16 joannabox 1
What Problems Exist in Grain Peeling Machine De... Aug '16 joannabox 1
More from around the web