The End of the Twinkie as we Know it - Hostess to Close

Nov 16, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: MethodShop

Hostess is doing a pretty ballsy move. Instead of giving in to striking employees they are liquidating the company.

Comments
1 - 20 of 42 Comments Last updated Dec 22, 2012
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Dolly Worker

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

The Union won I hope they are happy. I didn't wand to win no job and no health care coverge. I hate to tell them but it is every dog for themselves now days. Yes they won alright. I worked everyday of the strike and I'd do it again. I hope they are right but what if they aren't? What if no one buys the plants and we don't go back to work. Yes they won!!!!
john

New Philadelphia, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

i am a teamster for 30 plus years, the people and workers at ibc made a stand you cant have a company in such distress and have upper management getting bonuses and pay hikes its plane and simple the investers gobbled up the cash until, there are laws against this crap it will continue to happen. the union workers had nothing to do with this just plane and simple corporate greed finally some true americans woke up and took a stand !!!
fed up

Haledon, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

well said john peope just dont understand. the news never put the full infomation out there and making us look like the bad guys. thank the exec who stole our money the first time we gave back only 5 years ago.
john

Ringgold, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

this is to all you union mfers thanks for nothing 18500 jobs lost
xoxo

Mechanicsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Lay Frank Hurt to eternal rest
fed up

Haledon, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

who cares its too late! ge over it file for unemployment and move on with your life!!!

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

I wonder how supportive those unions are gonna be to those 18500 people out of work? I'm sure the teamsters feel their pain.

Get ready for a lot of this. THere will be more shut downs if labor tries to force companies to raise wages while the companies bend over and take up the keyster on the rising health care. Get ready for wage cuts, get ready for higher health care costs, get ready for more layoffs.

With small businesses struggling to afford the new healthcare burden in addition to the over regulation they already face, your going to be seeing layoffs in every city across the nation.

Next thing the folks in power in Washington will try to do is pass a law that prohibits people from being laid off by companies.
morethanenough

Phenix City, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

john wrote:
this is to all you union mfers thanks for nothing 18500 jobs lost
and thanks to Mr. Obama this is only the beginning of plants closing, cutting back, shutting down and taking remaining employees part-time.
dead in louisiana

Bastrop, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Merry chistmas thank you for unemplyment 14 years down the drain also vacation and expenses lost oh by the way health care for my family too
just another routeguy

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

dead in louisiana wrote:
Merry chistmas thank you for unemplyment 14 years down the drain also vacation and expenses lost oh by the way health care for my family too
Could not have said it better 17 years here its going to be rough holiday for all enjoy your hollow victory bakers there are no winners in all of this .
Shot yourself in the foot

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

morethanenough wrote:
<quoted text>
and thanks to Mr. Obama this is only the beginning of plants closing, cutting back, shutting down and taking remaining employees part-time.
Obama didn't do this your f--king union did. How rich do you think your union execs are. I will bet they will still get there pay check. Happy holidays

Since: Oct 12

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Captain Ding Dong wrote:
The media didn't report what? Wake up people! The problems at Hostess are the same that many companies are facing today! Healthcare is skyrocketing and pension plans are history! You killed yourselves!
this ding dong is not a hostess employee!hostess worker's know that greed and mis management killed this co.they gave them selves 300% raises and bonus's before the BK filing they had'nt invested in the co. or it's worker's in years,they just took all they could for themselve's.it's called corporate greed,captain dum dum ding dong!!!!!!!!!!
s hig

Pell City, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

fed up wrote:
who cares its too late! ge over it file for unemployment and move on with your life!!!
can you get unemployment if you strike? thats the same as quitting right?
union hater

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

This is exactly what happened to me n the early 90s. I was a teamster and when it was time for the contract negotiations, they got greedy and wanted more pay then the company could afford causing it to close. I tore up my union card and told them to kiss my ass. Screw the union. They don't think about the long term affects of their decision, only of their greedy selves.
just another routeguy

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Shot yourself in the foot wrote:
<quoted text>Obama didn't do this your f--king union did. How rich do you think your union execs are. I will bet they will still get there pay check. Happy holidays
You bet they will the only good thing there pulling from the same pension fund as me I wonder if their benfits will run out at the end of the month like mine will hey kicking cancer will be easy with no benfits I just wont pay the bill like some of are illegal friends do!All hail are union delegates keeping us in the loop
Innocentbystande r

Spring Valley, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Really amazes me how anyone can justify 18,500 lost jobs. Perhaps it might of happened a year down the road but at least time to look for something else.
Given an unemployment rate of 8%, its not like its easy to tell your boss I need that 8 %, I mean after taxes how much is it really?, and its not the point... Its a self inflicted wound. No excuse.. Perhaps, its a blessing b/c this happened in Detroit w/ the Auto Unions, they sure showed them. Maybe after this one others will think twice before risking their livliehood, benefits, and whatever on their Union doing whats best.
Innocentbystande r

Spring Valley, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

I did hear that without Unions its a very attractive brand and one company is already looking at it. IF you're thinking they'll just hire you back.. Sure..
You really beleive someone will buy it, and just continue operations, and call back all the employeees that were layed off, and happilly ever after?
Hey. I got 7 boxes of Twinkies. Paid 2.50 each for them and I'm hoping to get 30.00 a box b/c that is what I see them selling for. It's sad..Eighteen thousand & Five hundred layoffs over 8%. Inexcusable. There is no spin anyone can puit on this to make it right. I hope I can sell my Twinkies, I don't even like them - LOL
ALICIA BANKS

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

miilions more layoffs/closings loom under hobama's new depression

impeach hobama now!!!!!!

hobama is a serial war criminal!

cc his 7 wars!!!

that rabid bankster hobama has failed!!!

hobama = wwiii/civil war ii/designer poverty via hobamacare/africom/ndaa/cispa/ sopa/massive layoffs/surcharges etc!!!

we will all pay more for less!

and all of the sheeple must OWN hobama's evil deeds now!

shame on the sheeple!!!!!!!

http://aliciabanks.xanga.com/769548050/select...
Innocentbystande r

Spring Valley, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

s hig wrote:
<quoted text> can you get unemployment if you strike? thats the same as quitting right?
No. Striking is not quiting, and you didn't resign, you'll get Unemployment and they won't ask you if you were on strike plus you don't have to tell them, you might have been sick..
Innocentbystande r

Spring Valley, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

ALICIA BANKS wrote:
miilions more layoffs/closings loom under hobama's new depression
impeach hobama now!!!!!!
hobama is a serial war criminal!
cc his 7 wars!!!
that rabid bankster hobama has failed!!!
hobama = wwiii/civil war ii/designer poverty via hobamacare/africom/ndaa/cispa/ sopa/massive layoffs/surcharges etc!!!
we will all pay more for less!
and all of the sheeple must OWN hobama's evil deeds now!
shame on the sheeple!!!!!!!
http://aliciabanks.xanga.com/769548050/select...
You and Donald Trumo.. Yeah, March on Washington ;).. Good luck with the Crusade. Twinkies anyone??.. Anyone gotta a few? I'll pay 10 bucks a box,.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••